Question for the AE Recruiting Board

TigerWar

I think we're all stoked about Carl Lawson being so outspoken about recruiting for Auburn.

With that said, I hope Dee Liner takes the same approach.

However, my question to you is do you think the bluechips that are being encouraged by a guy like Lawson or Liner to sign with Auburn take into consideration if those guys are so sold on Auburn then why are they planning to take other visits.

I recently saw where Liner is planning on visiting Southern Cal and was wondering if it's an understanding among all recruits, no matter the loyalty they may have to the school that they've given their verbal to, to take all their official visits and just simply enjoy the process?

By the way, does Lawson plan on taking his official visits?

I know these kids are probably treated like kings on visits, so I can't say I blame Auburn's verbals in taking officials to other schools, but I can see how it could be a detriment to the kids that they're recruiting for Auburn if they think to themselves, "if he's so in love with Auburn, why is he planning on taking other visits?"

I doubt that it discourages other recruits at all. If anyone can understand what goes on in a recruit's mind, it's another recruit. If our guys are going on visits to grand faraway lands just because they can, I doubt that will be misinterpreted by other target that may be talking to.

I've heard repeatedly on this board that our coaches encourage commits to take visits.  Other recruits we're looking to sign also know this, so I doubt they would wonder why our current commitments take additional visits.

I think when Saban told 2 of his long time commits (that dropped out of the recruiting cycle after they had committed and where unprepared for plan B) "never mind" just before NSD last year, that recruits should at least keep their toes in the water until the very end, so to speak because you never know.  And the reason one of them got the offer pulled so late was because TJ Yelden flipped to bama. And this is the same Saban that preached that a commit should not commit unless they mean it and should not continue the recruiting cycle after they have committed (to him at least) just a year or so earlier when he lost a recruit near NSD.

Top "committed' recruits visiting other schools has no effect on other recruits, except they might want to go along for the visit.  It's a game most are playing as they should.

Better beleive i would take my trips! Texas, USC, Hawaii, and Jax St. !    The 5th to AU of coarse

I don't think it dissuades other recruits. If he weren't sold on Auburn, why would he be recruiting the other recruit there in the first place?

I think we're all stoked about Carl Lawson being so outspoken about recruiting for Auburn.

With that said, I hope Dee Liner takes the same approach.

However, my question to you is do you think the bluechips that are being encouraged by a guy like Lawson or Liner to sign with Auburn take into consideration if those guys are so sold on Auburn then why are they planning to take other visits.

I recently saw where Liner is planning on visiting Southern Cal and was wondering if it's an understanding among all recruits, no matter the loyalty they may have to the school that they've given their verbal to, to take all their official visits and just simply enjoy the process?

By the way, does Lawson plan on taking his official visits?

I know these kids are probably treated like kings on visits, so I can't say I blame Auburn's verbals in taking officials to other schools, but I can see how it could be a detriment to the kids that their recruiting for Auburn if they think to themselves, "if he's so in love with Auburn, why is he planning on taking other visits?"

The recruits know how the process works. Most committed recruits visits other schools after committing every year and still sign with their team. There are only a small percent that flip. Plus the big recruits go to the other schools on their big weekends. That gives them a chance to enjoy the special treatment and try to sway a few of the other big recruits to Auburn while they are there.

Having committed recruits on these visits helps as much as it could ever hurt. The more devoted to Auburn they are and better friends they are with the other Auburn commits, the better the chance it could only help us get more than we would ever lose overall.

I am sure other recruits understand and when you are taking trips to places like USC, why would you NOT take an all expense paid trip?

I'm taking an all expense paid trip to LA next week (then Vegas on the weekend on my own dime) for work and heck yeah, I am happy my company wants to send me out there. Free trip to fun places, why would a recruit not?

I dont think it really matters. A really committed recruit knowing he wont change his mind probably thinks its crazy that other schools will pay his way for a trip. But he thinks heck if they are going to do it why not see the country and  have some fun. I wonder what the actual numbers are for the SEC on the ones that change their mind. Its probably pretty small and for every one that flips away you will get one that flips to you. We got Westerman, Whitehead and Miller for instance and lose a Yeldon. Its probably a wash after you list them for the SEC teams.

Many recruits take OV's so that they and their families are able to travel to places that they may not ever be able to visit otherwise. As for the OP's question about Liner... he is a very quiet person, and not NEAR as "vocal" as Lawson. So I wouldn't expect to hear much about him "recruiting" for us. That doesn't mean he isn't doing it (trust me he is).. he just goes about it in a different way.

Many recruits take OV's so that they and their families are able to travel to places that they may not ever be able to visit otherwise. As for the OP's question about Liner... he is a very quiet person, and not NEAR as "vocal" as Lawson. So I wouldn't expect to hear much about him "recruiting" for us. That doesn't mean he isn't doing it (trust me he is).. he just goes about it in a different way.

What the heck do you know?  :tease::happydance::hellyeah: (I can't figure out the orange sarcasm feature yet!!)

And with regard to Liner, it is good to have that kind of recruiting going on as well, because different people react different ways to different styles. The fact that we have multiple high level recruits leading the way with this class is going to pay dividends.

I have heard that Dee has been  actively recruiting guys. I know someone who has talked to Dee and according to Dee, he is trying to sell all the defensive recruits (Adams and Foster namely) on forming the most dominate defense class in memory. He may not be too forthcoming about it, but I've heard at BCW he was pretty vocal in promoting the idea

ETA: This is what I have heard from people who have talked to him and in the know, but they were just casually talking to Dee in passing so he could just be telling him what they want to hear

What the heck do you know? :tease::happydance::hellyeah: (I can't figure out the orange sarcasm feature yet!!)

Pop, see the attached pic. You just highlight the text that you want to color and then select the color that you want. Also remember yellow is normally considered sarcasm not orange.

Archived