2013 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/19/13)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only juco QB they have made contact with is Nick Monrana, Joe's son.

He signed with Tulane yesterday.

Thanks. Had not had a chance to check yet.

Updated (12/20/12):

DE Tashawn Bower - Notre Dame removed.

Added:

DE/DT Marcus Hardison (Top Target as Defensive Tackle; not as SDE)

Removed:

DT Lavon Hooks (Ole Miss)

ILB Trey Johnson

OLB Tommy Sanders (Texas A&M)

@ things. Priester is anything but solid to NC State and Bower eliminated Notre dame last week.

Thanks on Bower's status. Wilson is the top target at WR and I like our chances on him.

They are not recruiting any JUCO QB.

@ things. Priester is anything but solid to NC State and Bower eliminated Notre dame last week.

Thanks on Bower's status. Wilson is the top target at WR and I like our chances on him.

I am telling you for a fact they reached out to Montana last week before he signed with Tulane yesterday.

I am telling you for a fact they reached out to Montana last week before he signed with Tulane yesterday.

Any chance Gus recruits Nick Marshall?

He recruited him while he was at Arkansas State. http://247sports.com/Player/Nick-Marshall-713

No news but I bet Gus will.

Updated (12/21/12):

DT Toby Johnson is their new top target and changed my prediction from UGA to AU.

DE Marcus Hardison removed as top target.

Changes on prediction:

DT Monty Adams

DT Toby Johnson

DL Marcus Hardison

Pretty generous with your AU predictions. I am not as optimistic as you are with all those especially some of the guys to flip or heavy leans to other schools. Some of those guys I've heard aren't nearly as favorable on AU as you predict

Pretty generous with your AU predictions. I am not as optimistic as you are with all those especially some of the guys to flip or heavy leans to other schools. Some of those guys I've heard aren't nearly as favorable on AU as you predict

Actually I think his predictions are pretty good. Where i Differ is on Ford, Monty, and Toby. Until Ford has an offer from Auburn I can't pick him to be a Tiger. While getting Garner was a big swing move I do not feel comfortable predicting both to AU at this time. I know Jonesy likes our chances with Monty but I need to see more from Monty before I can say the same. As for guys in limbo like Carl, Dee, Reuben, and Bower I think we land them all.

Several of these predictions don't make sense (Foster is only one example) unless the players have recently made it CLEAR they are VERY interested in Auburn to the point it is highly likely they sign with Auburn. Maybe I missed something, but don't know.

Agree PJM & hope we are both VERY wrong.

One obvious thing: Fans to the contrary notwithstanding, Gus is not interested in a JUCO QB. Maybe he's comfortable with what we've got or maybe there isn't one out there, but we sure aren't looking for one. I think that's a good thing.

One obvious thing: Fans to the contrary notwithstanding, Gus is not interested in a JUCO QB. Maybe he's comfortable with what we've got or maybe there isn't one out there, but we sure aren't looking for one. I think that's a good thing.

No one has said he is looking for a juco QB.

Several of these predictions don't make sense (Foster is only one example) unless the players have recently made it CLEAR they are VERY interested in Auburn to the point it is highly likely they sign with Auburn. Maybe I missed something, but don't know.

What does not makes sense to you besides Foster? On Foster several Auburn insiders feel like Foster will sign with Auburn. Also as I posted in the Foster thread, the coaches feel good that they will get Foster back after a couple great meetings they had with him last weekend.

Oh yes they have, or have at least have said he should be looking for one. If you'll pay attention to the various threads there have been numerous posts about needing a JUCO QB. As much as you stay on top of recruiting posts, I'm surprised you missed the 50 or so comments in various threads about hoping for a JUCO QB. Are you slipping?

Oh yes they have, or have at least have said he should be looking for one. If you'll pay attention to the various threads there have been numerous posts about needing a JUCO QB. As much as you stay on top of recruiting posts, I'm surprised you missed the 50 or so comments in various threads about hoping for a JUCO QB. Are you slipping?

Most of that talk was before Gus took the job. Since then I believe most Auburn fans feel good about Gus getting our current QBs and commits to perform so those discussions pre Gus are now irrelevent for the most part.

Most of that talk was before Gus took the job. Since then I believe most Auburn fans feel good about Gus getting our current QBs and commits to perform so those discussions pre Gus are now irrelevent for the most part.

Not so much. If it was that important to me I'd look up all the "JUCO QB" comments and post the links, but that would be a lot of trouble. In the meantime, I'll repeat the most important part of what I originally posted: "Fans to the contrary, Gus is not interested in a JUCO QB" What do you find wrong with that statement?

Not so much. If it was that important to me I'd look up all the "JUCO QB" comments and post the links, but that would be a lot of trouble. In the meantime, I'll repeat the most important part of what I originally posted: "Fans to the contrary, Gus is not interested in a JUCO QB" What do you find wrong with that statement?

Nothing wrong with it. As I said it was just not relevent since Gus was hired and was kinda out of the blue and not in the flow of the discussion. Not saying you can't bring it up. It was just very random, especially for a poster with you normal on point style.

What does not makes sense to you besides Foster? On Foster several Auburn insiders feel like Foster will sign with Auburn. Also as I posted in the Foster thread, the coaches feel good that they will get Foster back after a couple great meetings they had with him last weekend.

I am NOT saying we don't get them back. I am just saying that from what I have heard and read that I would be in the cautiously optimistic camp more than the camp making some of these predictions. We just had a TE decommit and Gus has certainly shown he utilizes TEs well. I hope these predictions are spot on.

War Eagle !

We had a TE decommit bc he never received a call from the new staff. Not bc CGC doesn't use the TE position. We will be fine in 6 weeks on NSD.

Actually I think his predictions are pretty good. Where i Differ is on Ford, Monty, and Toby. Until Ford has an offer from Auburn I can't pick him to be a Tiger. While getting Garner was a big swing move I do not feel comfortable predicting both to AU at this time. I know Jonesy likes our chances with Monty but I need to see more from Monty before I can say the same. As for guys in limbo like Carl, Dee, Reuben, and Bower I think we land them all.

At least you are saying what you think will happen, by name, unlike some others. I will await the lists from those that want to take shots at the OP's thread after he has taken the time to put this together for us and keep up with it.

I am NOT saying we don't get them back. I am just saying that from what I have heard and read that I would be in the cautiously optimistic camp more than the camp making some of these predictions. We just had a TE decommit and Gus has certainly shown he utilizes TEs well. I hope these predictions are spot on.

War Eagle !

There is nothing to imply that his predictions are strong or cautiously optimistic. WEAU is just sticking to his format of giving a summary of each prospect and giving his predictions where they land. Understanding how things have played out this season predictions anyone makes should be implied and viewed as cautiously optimistic.

Archived