2013 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/19/13)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated (12/16/12):

OL Devonte Danzey is our new top target. Auburn moves up to drivers seat.

S Lemond Johnson changed his verbal from solid to soft. Tennessee added.

OLB Zach Cunningham - Alabama moves down to darkhorse because of gray shirt offer.

RB Jordan Wilkins changed his verbal from solid to soft.

DE Tashawn Bower changed his verbal from solid to soft.

Added:

APB Rodriguez Moore

APB Cornelius Elder

DT Zach Johnson

DE Za'Darius Smith

ILB Antonio Longino

S Khari Harding

Removed:

CB Jonathan Cook (Alabama)

OLB Jarrad Davis (Florida)

Positions Needed updated:

S from 2 to 1

Updated (12/17/12):

DT Lavon Hooks - his school list changed.

ILB Trey Johnson - Oregon added and USC removed.

DE Carl Lawson - North Carolina and Tennessee added.

OLB Zach Cunningham - Vanderbilt added.

DE Tashawn Bower - Florida State added.

Added:

CB MacKensie Alexander

Removed:

CB Jahreme Irvin-Sills

247sports rankings updated.

Updated (12/18/12):

DE Za'Darius Smith - his school list changed.

New Top Targets:

WR Quantavius Leslie

RB Greg Bryant

CB MacKensie Alexander

OLB Zach Cunningham

ILB Reuben Foster

ILB Trey Johnson

Added:

WR Kyrin Priester

WR Quantavius Leslie

RB Greg Bryant

Removed:

TE Arshad Jackson (decommitted from Auburn)

Positions Needed updated:

QB from 3 to 2

RB from 2 to 3

TE from 1 to 0

OL from 1 to 2

S from 1 to 3

Is he interested Cause to be honest, ATM ND seems like a much better place than AU if I am a HS recruit.

Is he interested Cause to be honest, ATM ND seems like a much better place than AU if I am a HS recruit.

True. Gus Malzahn's offensive playbook is a much better than Notre Dame. Either school prestige or coaching style. Who knows.

Has more to do with Bryant liking the opportunity at Auburn if JW decommits.

Opportunities for playing time ought to factor into any kid's decision on where to commit. In the recent 30 for 30 on Bo, it was interesting to hear him tell the story of why he chose Auburn. Essentially, the Bama assistant coach who came to see him said it may take a while before he'd be able to play. Pat Dye told him he'd have every opportunity to earn his way onto the field as a freshman. Bo chose Auburn.

Opportunities for playing time ought to factor into any kid's decision on where to commit. In the recent 30 for 30 on Bo, it was interesting to hear him tell the story of why he chose Auburn. Essentially, the Bama assistant coach who came to see him said it may take a while before he'd be able to play. Pat Dye told him he'd have every opportunity to earn his way onto the field as a freshman. Bo chose Auburn.

I didn't take Bo's quote as him going where the competition would be less. I took it to mean he was insulted at the UAT coach's comments and picked AU as a sort of "I'll show you" statement.

I didn't take Bo's quote as him going where the competition would be less. I took it to mean he was insulted at the UAT coach's comments and picked AU as a sort of "I'll show you" statement.

I agree that this was part of it -- maybe even the decisive part. But he could also have said, "I'll show you" and gone to Bama to earn his way onto the field as a freshman.

I still think, though, that opportunities for early playing time should factor into anyone's decision. I still wouldn't condemn GB as seeking less competition.

I've heard the story had more to do wwith the Bama assistant being an arrogant prick telling him he wouldn't even compete till his junior year and Pat Dye said best guys play

Updated (12/19/12):

RB Cameron Artis Payne changed from commit to signee.

There are some changes: status and prediction (on uncommitted and soft verbal only) ADDED.

Added:

OG Tre Carter

Removed:

DE Za'Darius Smith (Kentucky)

JUCO Ratings on ESPN updated

Updated (12/19/12):

RB Cameron Artis Payne changed from commit to signee.

There are some changes: status and prediction (on uncommitted and soft verbal only) ADDED.

Added:

OG Tre Carter

Removed:

DE Za'Darius Smith (Kentucky)

JUCO Ratings on ESPN updated

@ things. Priester is anything but solid to NC State and Bower eliminated Notre dame last week.

One guy that Rhett Lashlee and CGM need to take a visit to is Tanner McEvoy. He was once enrolled at USCe but decided to go to JUCO. This kid looks like the real deal & is extremely comfortable throwing and running the ball in the spread offense. He is the #1 Dual JUCO QB according to 24/7 sports.

Here is his 24/7 profile

http://247sports.com...nner-McEvoy-187

Here is his SR year highlights

http://www.youtube.c...ed/dsbq7uS1Gpc

One guy that Rhett Lashlee and CGM need to take a visit to is Tanner McEvoy. He was once enrolled at USCe but decided to go to JUCO. This kid looks like the real deal & is extremely comfortable throwing and running the ball in the spread offense. He is the #1 Dual JUCO QB according to 24/7 sports.

Here is his 24/7 profile

The only juco QB they have made contact with is Nick Monrana, Joe's son.

Here is his 24/7 profile

The only juco QB they have made contact with is Nick Monrana, Joe's son.

That Joe Monrana was awesome at San Rancisco back in the reighties. :tease:

Archived