2013 5* QB Christian Hackenberg (Penn State signee)

TigerWar

I know I'm new, but I think it is unlikely that we pursue CH. Just an opinion mixed with a minute amount of knowledge...

Welcome jt! Post often!

Dont you know that just about all of us here have an inside man and a minute amount of knowledge!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm new, but I think it is unlikely that we pursue CH. Just an opinion mixed with a minute amount of knowledge...

Wait ... I thought jthaub had been around for a while ...  :dunno:

That one deleted his account. This is a new one but I also wondered if it is the same person.

I think that if you can get a top QB prospect you go after him, can't have enough QB's.  If another QB wants a promise that nobody else will be recruited then I don't want him.  QB is the leader and needs to lead by example and be confident in his abilities to lead the team, there are no guarantees in life, so there should be none in college football.

Welcome jt! Post often!

Dont you know that just about all of us here have an inside man and a minute amount of knowledge!

If there is one thing that I have learned while following recruiting, it is that EVERYBODY has an inside source and knows some scoop. And they believe with all of their heart that their source is better than your source, even if your source is CGC. My source isn't CGC, by the way. :P

Oh, and the minute amount of knowledge may be small but it's better than like 45 seconds.

That one deleted his account. This is a new one but I also wondered if it is the same person.

I'm not sure who the other guy was, but I'm not him.

OK -- thanks for the clarification.

And welcome to AE!

:we:

Since Christian is still out there, Then yes, he should come for a visit then our staff should offer him while he's in town. We shouldn't wait by sitting on our hands.

I know nothing about recruiting but i do know this guy isn't going to visit Aubrun and he's not going to come to Auburn. Big ole waste of time going on here

I know nothing about recruiting but i do know this guy isn't going to visit Aubrun and he's not going to come to Auburn. Big ole waste of time going on here

So he told you that when y'all spoke?

Or did the coaches tell you that?

So he told you that when y'all spoke?

Or did the coaches tell you that?

watch..oh, and enjoy the show!

Article on ESPN.com under the College Football blog section say that CH is heading to Penn St to ask a bunch of questions which he'll use in deciding whether or not he stays committed. Seems as though hes looking at decommitting. Im not saying hes coming to AU or if we've even re-engaged the kid, but i really dont see him ultimately signing with Penn St. Thats just my call.

Sorry for hijack...

now back to regular scheduled programming of CH

If he is interested, I think we have to listen and we also have to be open with JJ who could be a beast too.

3191211_o.gif

Riiiiiiiiiiiight

I sure will be glad when the season starts. Then everybody can get back to arguing about which coach should be fired and complaining about why we didn't blitz enough; or too much; or why we didn't call enough pass plays, or running plays, or draws, or sweeps, or didn't get the ball to this receiver or that receiver often enough. It is always stimulating to witness lengthy discussions about things that are entirely the coaches responsibility and about which we really don't ever have all of the fact that the coaches do. Warrrrrrrrr Eagle!!!!

I sure will be glad when the season starts. Then everybody can get back to arguing about which coach should be fired and complaining about why we didn't blitz enough; or too much; or why we didn't call enough pass plays, or running plays, or draws, or sweeps, or didn't get the ball to this receiver or that receiver often enough. It is always stimulating to witness lengthy discussions about things that are entirely the coaches responsibility and about which we really don't ever have all of the fact that the coaches do. Warrrrrrrrr Eagle!!!!

Everyone of us is a football genius that is why we are all football coach's. That is why we can judge the play calling and player efforts because we all see more on the TV or Radio then the real coach's see when they are at the game or looking at the game films the next week.

I personally reserver the right to make ignorant comments about the game plan as I am a FAN

LOL

Why are you so sure he won't visit and later sign with us? Christian would look really good in burnt orange and navy blue.

Why are you so sure he won't visit and later sign with us? Christian would look really good in burnt orange and navy blue.

Just dont see it. Like Ive already pointed out, I dont know what the kid is going to be but my instinct tells me

whatever it is; it wont be anywhere near Auburn, Alabama. Just a hunch

Anything new on Hackenberg?

nope

so now back to the regularly scheduled discussion of RN, Clemson and why the sec is better than the acc ...  :laugh:

But this thread is about a QB who isn't going to visit and certainly is not going to sign with Auburn/...18 pages of it

..................unreal

Probably a better chance at signing CH than OJ, but there is 28+ pages in that thread :dunno:

Just heard on ESPN radio that CH and a few others met with PSU coaches and re-affirmed their commitments to the Nittany Lions.  Don't see a story yet on a web search.  If this is accurate, does it help us in our position with Jeremy?  I REALLY don't want that young man to slip through away!

Just heard on ESPN radio that CH and a few others met with PSU coaches and re-affirmed their commitments to the Nittany Lions.  Don't see a story yet on a web search.  If this is accurate, does it help us in our position with Jeremy?  I REALLY don't want that young man to slip through away!

People are worrying for NO REASON! Jeremy is solid.

Jeremy isn't going anywhere.  There is really no place to go in SEC now.  Everyone has their QBs, although I think  Kentucky will probably take another one.  JJ might be a little unhappy if AU signs a third QB, but he would not decommit IMHO.  That being said, I don't see AU taking signing another signal caller.  If you don't remember I was the only person that I know of on any forum that correctly named the two AU QB committments in March (JJ and JS.  The only way I could see Auburn signing another Quarterback would be if KF didn't perform like we all think he will. Then the Coaches might start looking for another Cam from Juco who could come in January.  Very Looong shot.    :we:

Archived