2013 5* QB Christian Hackenberg (Penn State signee)

TigerWar

Check out this tweet from Rivals' MF -

Mike Farrell‏ @ rivalsmike

Just spoke to Christian Hackenberg, told me he wants to play in a bowl game. Would call # southcarolina first and # auburn next if needed.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just spoke to Christian Hackenberg, told me he wants to play in a bowl game. Would call # southcarolina first and # auburn next if needed.

As has been said in the PSU transfer thread JJ would have to be ok with this for Auburn to consider Hack.

He was just selected as one of the Elite 11 in the Elite 11 QB Camp this weekend.  They brought in 25 QBs and he was one of the Elite 11.  

As has been said in the PSU transfer thread JJ would have to be ok with this for Auburn to consider Hack.

I didn't realize Heckenberg was already enrolled at Penn State and would have to transfer. I thought that thread was dedicated to Penn State players who wanted to transfer out and not a guy that Penn State is recruiting. I guess the thread title is a little misleading.

I didn't realize Heckenberg was already enrolled at Penn State and would have to transfer. I thought that thread was dedicated to Penn State players who wanted to transfer out and not a guy that Penn State is recruiting. I guess the thread title is a little misleading.

Its an appropriate thread TW. He may or may not be a Nittany Lion, and obviously there is enough interest in the story to warrant Chris Hackenberg getting his own thread.

No but he is a PSU commit and that made it a logical question for someone to ask there.

He is not enrolled at PSU. Where you getting that from?

He was making a point that the thread was about transfers not recruits.

Guest Tigereagle03

it was sarcasm bro..

He was being a smart arse sarcastic directed at me but it's cool. We are all family here.

He was making a point that the thread was about transfers not recruits.

Lol I realized after I typed it...damn that read before you type rule!

it was sarcasm bro..

thanks bro...

He was being a smart arse sarcastic directed at me but it's cool. We are all family here.

Sorry you took it that way because that was not my intention. I was seriously saying that I had not even clicked on that thread and read it because its title was speaking about Penn State transfers. In all honesty, does a thread about Penn State transfers even belong in recruiting?  :dunno:

Sorry you took it that way because that was not my intention. I was seriously saying that I had not even clicked on that thread and read it because its title was speaking about Penn State transfers. In all honesty, does a thread about Penn State transfers even belong in recruiting?  :dunno:

My guess is that it was started there because of the potential to recruit the players that may or may not leave the PSU program. Since those players are not a part of the AU football program yet, the Auburn Recruiting section seems somewhat appropriate. Maybe it should be in College Football, not sure.

^^^Good point^^^

My guess is that it was started there because of the potential to recruit the players that may or may not leave the PSU program. Since those players are not a part of the AU football program yet, the Auburn Recruiting section seems somewhat appropriate. Maybe it should be in College Football, not sure.

I agree wholeheartedly; just like a thread about a high school recruit considering Auburn shouldn't be moved to college football. I figured a thread on "Penn State Transfers" belonged in the "College Football Forum" but what do I know.

My sincerest apologies.

My sincerest apologies.

No worries, mate.

Pretty dumb of someone to move a recruiting thread to college football.

My mistake.  I was moving the PSU Transfer Thread and clicked this one by mistake.  

Pretty dumb of someone to move a recruiting thread to college football.

My mistake.  I was moving the PSU Transfer Thread and clicked this one by mistake.  

I make bunches of those thing-a-ma-jiggies.

Now...back to Heckenberg, and I apologize if it has already been discussed, but do you guys think we'd take him?

Ellitor?

Anyone?

What have we promised Jeremy Johnson?

Now...back to Heckenberg, and I apologize if it has already been discussed, but do you guys think we'd take him?

I don't know...let me call CSL.  OK, he said YES!  I concur...

I honestly don't know if we would take him or not. I am very excited about Jeremy Johnson, so I am torn on this one. Not only that, but we just took a commitment from another recruit who will be given a shot at QB. Seems a little much to take 3 potential QB's where we have higher priorities. But who knows? J. Smith may not be a real threat at QB and JJ may be ok with it, so.....yeah. Coaches decision. Probably ends up at USCe by the way he put his options.

Archived