2013 5* QB Christian Hackenberg (Penn State signee)

TigerWar

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we can take one more with Rose not coming back.  Who knows, maybe the coaches go after Hackenberg,

Rose is not coming back?!

Well we can take one more with Rose not coming back.  Who knows, maybe the coaches go after Hackenberg,

Apparently not thus making flipping Tray all the more important.

Apparently not thus making flipping Tray all the more important.

Yeah, I agree. Just saw that EDW had started a thread on the Football board.

We have interest in CH.  Waiting on Pike just to see how much interest. 

We're certainly not waiting on Pike for anything.

YeH didnt mean for it to come out that way.  We have interest in CH i was told.  Imo if Pike doesn't return which is a possibility we need another qb.  After CH meeting with Coach Obrien if he decides to explore his options and decommit then i expect him to visit.

Anybody think all this media storm and talk about Hackenberg considering AU(even though there really isn't much substancial information on it yet) will scare Pike away from truly trying to get back to AU?

Anybody think all this media storm and talk about Hackenberg considering AU(even though there really isn't much substancial information on it yet) will scare Pike away from truly trying to get back to AU?

If anything, it should do the opposite

That would be the case with anyone with a competitive spirit.

Pike is likely a goner in less than a year IF he even returns from his summer exile.

wde

:dunno:

Pike is likely a goner in less than a year IF he even returns from his summer exile.

wde

And you know this, how? :dunno:

Us taking another QB, that is not a project, and he is in the doghouse SHOULD make him want to come back?

I don't know. I don't know anything about the situation firsthand, but if it is this hard to get back on the team without someone taking his spot, imagine how hard it would be if someone did take his spot. Not knowing the in's and out's of the situation, we some of us are guessing exactly what it is he would have to do to get back on the team. But, I bet we can all agree he would have needed to have great strides in his work ethic, show some team effort, and just generally get his head about his shoulders instead of his rump. If he hasn't shown that, then he hasn't shown a willingness to compete, IMO. I think this theoretical competition would be the last straw for him without showing some major character improvement.

But, its all speculation anyway. I will always wish him the best, and its up to him to determine what that truly is.

:dunno:

wde

And you know this, how? :dunno:

I don't "know" this which is why I said "likely".  I said "likely" based on Pike's lack of maturity (a very kind assessment) for the past couple of years.

wde

Not sure if that's the case or not. With us planning on taking around 23 as it was, I think we were already sort of counting on some attrition. I think Rose is simply the first example of that.

^^This^^

^^This^^

So do both of you think he values his spot on the team then?

Wouldn't Zeke want to go up against one of the best QB's in America? if Zeke has what it takes to be an Auburn QB, then he shouldn't scared to battle Christian for a future starting job.

Wouldn't Zeke want to go up against one of the best QB's in America? if Zeke has what it takes to be an Auburn QB, then he shouldn't scared to battle Christian for a future starting job.

If he thrives under competition then yes. The fact is not every athlete wants competition. They want the spotlight alone. Look at Robert N for example. He chose Clemson because he does not want the challenge of the SEC.

^^This^^

I'm not Zeke, but as I stated and to answer your question, he SHOULD...only Zeke can truly answer that question, and he will very soon...

^^This^^

I'm not Zeke, but as I stated and to answer your question, he SHOULD...only Zeke can truly answer that question, and he will very soon...

That's really what I was fishing for. He SHOULD, but I don't think he does, or did. But, anyway, like I said before. Good luck to him and I wish him all the best, at Auburn or otherwise. What he makes out of himself and what he gets from life are completely up to him now.

Archived