2013 5* QB Christian Hackenberg (Penn State signee)

TigerWar

Even if Pike does return,  will he be able to stay out of hot water,  he always has his A$$ in a crack.  So the bet is this......  Does Pike do what he has to do and stay in Chiziks good graces , be the Auburn man we need him to be or otherwise given the boot and then we will be sorely wanting for a new quarterback.  If this man wants to come here from Penn State,  lets give him a warm welcome. :we:   

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what we promised Johnson or didn't promise him.  But if we promised that he'd be the only guy this year, I'd assume that was tied to having Pike on the roster.  Pike isn't on the roster.

I don't know how you talk with Johnson about such things.  But I think you have to have 4 legit QBs on the roster.  If we're looking at just Frazier, Wallace, and Johnson next year, I don't know how you leave this kid alone.  Assuming he's available.

I don't know what we promised Johnson or didn't promise him.  But if we promised that he'd be the only guy this year, I'd assume that was tied to having Pike on the roster.  Pike isn't on the roster.

I don't know how you talk with Johnson about such things.  But I think you have to have 4 legit QBs on the roster.  If we're looking at just Frazier, Wallace, and Johnson next year, I don't know how you leave this kid alone.  Assuming he's available.

Pike is not off the roster yet.

ellitor, you know a lot more than I do.  So technically, what does that mean?  Does Auburn HAVE an actual roster right now?  If we do, I'd think Pike would not be on it, as he's not involved with the team.  Not challenging you; just wondering if we're talking about the same thing.

ellitor, you know a lot more than I do.  So technically, what does that mean?  Does Auburn HAVE an actual roster right now?  If we do, I'd think Pike would not be on it, as he's not involved with the team.  Not challenging you; just wondering if we're talking about the same thing.

I agree with you DyeCamp. I am pulling for ZP as much as any person is. IF he is allowed back, his being able to do what he needs to after that point is not a something we can count on. It is something I hope for. QB is an extremely valuable position, as we all know. As I said earlier in this thread. Nobody will convince me we are at a point where we can just turn the #1 rated QB away.

I agree with you DyeCamp. I am pulling for ZP as much as any person is. IF he is allowed back, his being able to do what he needs to after that point is not a something we can count on. It is something I hope for. QB is an extremely valuable position, as we all know. As I said earlier in this thread. Nobody will convince me we are at a point where we can just turn the #1 rated QB away.

He is only the #1 rated QB by BSPN, first of all. Others have him lower. Secondly we have 3 QB's on roster WITHOUT ZP. Therefore I'm not sure what your argument is. This guy does not solve any QB depth issues that ZP leaves open.  EVEN if he does not sign we will end up with 5 scholarship QB's on roster with this signing class which may be possibly too many. If ZP returns we will have 6 on roster, on SCHOLARSHIP which IS too many and someone will redshirt/move positions. I find it impossible to believe that AU would put a 7th QB on scholarship and I think AU is VERY MUCH in a position to turn down the #1 BSPN rated QB.

I have a feeling Jason smith is gonna surprise at qb big time!! Has anyone seen the video of him working out with qb country's David Morris kid looks pretty sharp but drills are a long way game situations.

I mean until the coaches say other wise Pike is apart of the team and as such we should treat him as apart of the team. Sorry for using roster as it was not meant literal.

What are the chances that Zeke will still be a part of this team come 9/1/12?

That's the $64 million  question.

How much later? we'll need to know something pretty darn soon. Besides, since Christian is the #1 ranked QB by ESPN, we'd be crazy if we didn't recruit him.

How much later? we'll need to know something pretty darn soon. Besides, since Christian is the #1 ranked QB by ESPN, we'd be crazy if we didn't recruit him.

A few weeks

My greatest fear on the QBs is what if KF wins the starting job, Mosley decides to transfer and then KF gets hurt during the season. Then what are we going to do? I dont see Pike being ready to play this season. All indications are that he is talented but raw. Even JJ is supposed to be a bit raw from what i read in terms of his drop back passing ability. After KF, these other QB options do not have the pedigree that KF had coming in.

Based on that, i wouldnt mind seeing the coaches going after Christian, but only if they talk to JJ first since they supposedly told him they were not taking any more QBs.

"Cannot predict now"

What are the chances that Zeke will still be a part of this team come 9/1/12?

That's the $64 million  question.

$64 million? Walk away  :laugh:

We might not find out for a few weeks but I'll bet the coaches already have a good idea on ZP's future at Auburn

I believe Zeke is still on the team. He just needs to do the work to get back in the coaches good graces. The 64,000 dollar question, is whether he is willing to do it and obey team rules.

i would rather take my chances answering the $64 million dollar question instead of the 64,000 dollar question

My greatest fear on the QBs is what if KF wins the starting job, Mosley decides to transfer and then KF gets hurt during the season. Then what are we going to do? I dont see Pike being ready to play this season. All indications are that he is talented but raw. Even JJ is supposed to be a bit raw from what i read in terms of his drop back passing ability. After KF, these other QB options do not have the pedigree that KF had coming in.

Based on that, i wouldnt mind seeing the coaches going after Christian, but only if they talk to JJ first since they supposedly told him they were not taking any more QBs.

I would not be surprised if the rumor about our coaches telling JJ he would be our only QB signee was an excuse made up by some fans for why AU missed out on some other top QB targets.  The only people that would really know that info is the coaches and JJ.  And maybe it has been confirmed and I didn't see it but until JJ or the coaches talk about that agreement then it is just another internet rumor.  Besides the last I looked we already have another committed QB recruit and I'm pretty confident that JJ knows.

I would not be surprised if the rumor about our coaches telling JJ he would be our only QB signee was an excuse made up by some fans for why AU missed out on some other top QB targets.  The only people that would really know that info is the coaches and JJ.  And maybe it has been confirmed and I didn't see it but until JJ or the coaches talk about that agreement then it is just another internet rumor.  Besides the last I looked we already have another committed QB recruit and I'm pretty confident that JJ knows.

I believe it's been reported here that quotes of that nature came directly from JJ.

JJ is the one who first mentioned it. The question is whether it was coach speak and he took it as firm truth or if it was a promise made before the QB depth chart potentially took a hit and whether plans might change if/when Pike doesn't make it back.

I looked and the only thing close to that I can find is the following quote:

"He had evaluated other quarterbacks, and he told me I was the chosen one," Johnson said.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/05/jeremy_johnson_cant_wait_the_q.html

If someone has a better quote/source I would like to see what he said.  The above quote does not sound like a promise of any type to me. 

I looked and the only thing close to that I can find is the following quote:

"He had evaluated other quarterbacks, and he told me I was the chosen one," Johnson said.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/05/jeremy_johnson_cant_wait_the_q.html

If someone has a better quote/source I would like to see what he said.  The above quote does not sound like a promise of any type to me. 

I wish I was better at locating this kind of stuff. It's on this site in the JJ thread somewhere. I do remember something clearly stating that he was told he was the only QB in this class.

Archived