2013 5* QB Christian Hackenberg (Penn State signee)

TigerWar

I haven't heard anything new on him in a week. I guess he is still committed to Penn St. but I can't beleive he will still go there.

College Football section?

I believe it belongs in recruiting as he's only committed to PSU, not actually on the team.

It only belongs in Auburn Recruiting if Auburn is recruiting him, which Auburn is not.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard anything new on him in a week. I guess he is still committed to Penn St. but I can't beleive he will still go there.

I believe it belongs in recruiting as he's only committed to PSU, not actually on the team.

It only belongs in Auburn Recruiting if Auburn is recruiting him, which Auburn is not.

Touché.

E said what I was thinking. He is gonna be great QB sometime soon, just not for us.

Not sure why there is no thread on this kid but didn't know where to post this.  Some poster on rivals said

"[Hackenberg] Is leaving Penn State. Not public yet, can't disclose sources, but I called Dorian Johnson a week before it happened. Regardless, he went silent after Johnson decommitted and the family is public about needing to leave options open. So this isn't exactly ground breaking stuff. "

Not sure why there is no thread on this kid but didn't know where to post this.  Some poster on rivals said

"[Hackenberg] Is leaving Penn State. Not public yet, can't disclose sources, but I called Dorian Johnson a week before it happened. Regardless, he went silent after Johnson decommitted and the family is public about needing to leave options open. So this isn't exactly ground breaking stuff. "

He has a thread in the college football section. It is there because Auburn is not recruiting him right now and I do not expect them to in the future.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=47442.0

That doesn't make sense.  There are tons of player threads on here who Auburn isn't recruiting.  Plus, we are so far out from NSD that who knows whether AU will reruit him again. 

For ex, if Jason Smith decommitted then AU may go after a second QB and start recruiting him.

That doesn't make sense.  There are tons of player threads on here who Auburn isn't recruiting.  Plus, we are so far out from NSD that who knows whether AU will reruit him again. 

For ex, if Jason Smith decommitted then AU may go after a second QB and start recruiting him.

It usually happens with big name recruits more than lesser known recruits. Lesser known recruits just get buried in threads. Big time recruits usually get transferred to College football because many members do not want to come to the Auburn recruiting section to read posts about a recruit that does not have to do with Auburn.

I agree with you.  The new board will have a spot for rivals recruiting where I guess someone will arbitrarily put them in if they think the coaches are done recruiting a player 5 months before signing day

It usually happens with big name recruits more than lesser known recruits. Lesser known recruits just get buried in threads. Big time recruits usually get transferred to College football because many members do not want to come to the Auburn recruiting section to read posts about a recruit that does not have to do with Auburn.

Still makes no sense since this isn't a random recruit and he has a history with AU in this recruiting cycle.  But w/e mods want to do...

No slame Jeremy, I'm thrilled we have him, but why do we always pass on the BIG NAME QB recruits every year. I know we lost out on 3 QB studs for 2013.

No slame Jeremy, I'm thrilled we have him, but why do we always pass on the BIG NAME QB recruits every year. I know we lost out on 3 QB studs for 2013.

Nobody has lost any recruits yet.  I don't think we pass on the big name QBs.  I think in the past they have passed on us.  Times change. 

We aren't passing on the big name ones. The recruiting sites just haven't realized they are wrong yet and moved our coaches' targets up.

A couple of years ago we didn't pass on recruiting a big name QB. I don't recall the name right now,  but he has a short first name that started with a "C", something like Cal. 

2002 Brandon Cox 4*  #9 Pro-Style QB in the country

2006 Neil Caudle 4*  #7 Pro-Style QB in the country

2007 Kodi Burns 4*  #8 Dual-Threat QB in the country

2009 Tyrik Rollison 4* #2 Dual-Threat QB in the country

2010 Cameron Newton 5*...... you know the rest!

2011 Kiehl Frazier  4*  #2 Dual-Threat QB in the country

Hackenberg is a 4* and the #7 Pro-Style QB in the country (pretty much the type of QB we typically recruit and sign)

Now we did apparently pass on some big name qbs between 03-05 but not making a run at CH hardly qualifies.

I'm thrilled we have Jeremy. He was my #1 from day 1. He loves Auburn. He's an intelligent, highly sought after in state kid with incredible size, good speed, and a BIG time arm. WDE JJ!

2002 Brandon Cox 4*  #9 Pro-Style QB in the country

2006 Neil Caudle 4*  #7 Pro-Style QB in the country

2007 Kodi Burns 4*   #8 Dual-Threat QB in the country

2009 Tyrik Rollison 4* #2 Dual-Threat QB in the country

2010 Cameron Newton 5*...... you know the rest!

2011 Kiehl Frazier  4*  #2 Dual-Threat QB in the country

Hackenberg is a 4* and the #7 Pro-Style QB in the country (pretty much the type of QB we typically recruit and sign)

Now we did apparently pass on some big name qbs between 03-05 but not making a run at CH hardly qualifies.

No Chris Todd????   ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrik shouldn't be on that list. He never took a single snap in a real game.

His point is not past contributing big name (highly ranked) QBs -- his point is big name QBs Auburn recruited. Tyrik did sign with Auburn -- making his point that Auburn isn't passing on highly ranked recruits.

• 4 weeks later...

With the current QB play do the coaches take a second look at the kid that committed to Penn St. or do you think they are satisfied that the two QB's we have commitments from can become great starters?

With the current QB play do the coaches take a second look at the kid that committed to Penn St. or do you think they are satisfied that the two QB's we have commitments from can become great starters?

I doubt it. I think they like JJ a lot.

Archived