2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

If we miss on Braden then we will move on and focus at other pos. (QB, WR or 4th DE) instead of take another OL in class. There are a lot of elite OL for 2015 class.

I understand 2015 is a great group of OL but I am telling you ther staff would like to replace G-Rob in this class and not wait a class.

If they don't want to wait for 2015 class then I hope Braden Smith is ours.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we miss on Braden then we will move on and focus at other pos. (QB, WR or 4th DE) instead of take another OL in class. There are a lot of elite OL for 2015 class.

I understand 2015 is a great group of OL but I am telling you ther staff would like to replace G-Rob in this class and not wait a class.

If they don't want to wait for 2015 class then I hope Braden Smith is ours.

Me too. I think getting Braden to visit on the 17th is an awesome power move by the staff.

I thought we were through recruting QB's - why Harris now? 5'11" seems more like a CB to begin with anyway.

Doubtful he sniffs QB imo

I thought we were through recruting QB's - why Harris now? 5'11" seems more like a CB to begin with anyway.

He's being recruited as an ATH not a QB. He will get a shot at QB first though if he picks Auburn. Whether we are done at QB or not depends on who the staff gets. Reports have said for a few months now the staff wants 3 QBs total combined from the 2014 and 2015 classes. That means we take 2 QBs in 1 of those classes.

Looks like a stalemate here. I'm like 4ever and wish we could take both, but apparently not an option here. Most likely scenario is we settle for Sims as backup to backup. My guess is Prestwood will probably go ahead and commit to Kentucky or Ole Miss and in the end BSmith will probably announce to one the the Texas schools. I just have a hunch we may end up losing one or two more at end of spring and might regret not signing the big guy JP. If there really is a transfer coming in then it might all work out. Still hope CJBG gets his wings though.

Looks like a stalemate here. I'm like 4ever and wish we could take both, but apparently not an option here. Most likely scenario is we settle for Sims as backup to backup. My guess is Prestwood will probably go ahead and commit to Kentucky or Ole Miss and in the end BSmith will probably announce to one the the Texas schools. I just have a hunch we may end up losing one or two more at end of spring and might regret not signing the big guy JP. If there really is a transfer coming in then it might all work out. Still hope CJBG gets his wings though.

Sims does not have Auburn in his final group and I am pretty sure we are not recruiting him anymore.

I think once B. Smith gets on campus, we may see a commitment to the good guys soon after.

It has been repeated on this board that the staff feels very good about the current depth on the OL. You will see AUBURN reel in several quality linemen in '15 and '16. Losing out on a JUCO will not hurt two years from now, nor will losing a great prospect like Smith.

So... who else is glad they aren't Rodney Garner having to call the DTs by their correct name in the heat of practice? I feel some nicknames coming on...

It has been repeated on this board that the staff feels very good about the current depth on the OL. You will see AUBURN reel in several quality linemen in '15 and '16. Losing out on a JUCO will not hurt two years from now, nor will losing a great prospect like Smith.

To be fair, at this point only the staff knows if and how much quality depth there is after our top 6 OLs.

It will always hurt to lose a quality kid like Smith.

He's being recruited as an ATH not a QB. He will get a shot at QB first though if he picks Auburn. Whether we are done at QB or not depends on who the staff gets. Reports have said for a few months now the staff wants 3 QBs total combined from the 2014 and 2015 classes. That means we take 2 QBs in 1 of those classes.

Gotcha - thanks. I just remembered the thread use to say "DONE" and I was curious what had changed.

I'm hoping coach Grimes can get Braden to commit to Auburn after his visit.

He won't. He has agreed with ESPNU to commit on tv on NSD at about 7:50 CT.

I'm assuming that's am?

I'm assuming that's am?

Si

Smith's my kind of O-lineman--big and rangy (6-6, 295), not a fat slob. I hope Coach Grimes gets him.

Updated - John Bonney added.

'John Bonney' is a good name. Sounds like a gangster. Hope he commits to thr good guys and steals a few balls from the opposition!

Updated (1/20/14):

Removed:

S Markell Boston (commits to ECU yesterday)

S Cortez McDowell (firm to UT)

DE Anthony Olobia (Auburn is not interested to add another JUCO DL)

OL Jordan Sims (Auburn is not going to add him if they missed on Smith and Prince)

WR Travis Rudolph (firm to FSU)

Archived