2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to gang on tight to Justin Thornton as well as our other commitments.

"We gotta hold on, to what we got!"

Ach, we're gang tae hold on, Jimmy!

scottish-bagpiper.gif

Warrrrr Eagle!

Updated (11/29/13):

S Demetrius Kemp flips from Southern Miss to Wake Forest.

Stephen Roberts moves to safety.

DT Elisha Shaw and LB Raekwon McMillan moves up (profiles added).

S Cortez McDowell moves down to pipeline state prospects; longshot for now)

TE/LB/CB/S top priority updated.

Added:

FB Jarvis Cooper (Visited AU/UGA game; recruited him as fullback; Memphis commit)

DE Denzel Ware (Visited AU/UGA game)

ATH Markell Boston (Visited AU/UGA game; recruited him as safety)

DT Tyler Jones (Visited AU/FAU game)

DT Daniel Ross (JUCO)

TE Ty Flournoy-Smith (JUCO)

FB/LB Austin Mansell (Visited AU/UGA game; recruited him as fullback)

• 2 weeks later...

Updated (12/9/13):

Position rankings updated (Rivals & ESPN JUCO) ***strange note: Pettway is #1 FB***

DT Dontavius Russell de-committed from Georgia.

CB Kalvaraz Bessent committed to Auburn.

Profiles Added:

DL DaVonte Lambert

TE Ty Flournoy-Smith

Removed:

RB Darrel Williams (LSU lean)

DE Lorenzo Carter (longshot)

CB Quincy Wilson

CB Josh Keys

Added:

DE Grant Harris

LB Chris Weatherd (JUCO)

Updated (12/12/13):

JUCO position updated (Rivals)

Ricky Parks profiles added.

Early Enrollees added: D. Williams, Truitt, Laye, Moncrief and Dampeer.

Thanks for posting. Hate to say this, but I really don't think we should have high expectations for the 2014 recruiting class...

We should have high expectations for this class. This class is getting better and better as time goes on. I feel that when the ink has dried on all of our recruits, we will be looking at a top 10 class. I have always believed that as long as we are a top 10 class or even top 12, we will do well on the football field and have many wins as a result. Saban will get his recruits, but it will take an all out effort like he has not seen since coming to bammer. Gus will no doubt put in the time to have great classes year in and out.

Thanks for posting. Hate to say this, but I really don't think we should have high expectations for the 2014 recruiting class...

We should have high expectations for this class. This class is getting better and better as time goes on. I feel that when the ink has dried on all of our recruits, we will be looking at a top 10 class. I have always believed that as long as we are a top 10 class or even top 12, we will do well on the football field and have many wins as a result. Saban will get his recruits, but it will take an all out effort like he has not seen since coming to bammer. Gus will no doubt put in the time to have great classes year in and out.

In his defense, I believe that was written in October of 2012, during our worst season in 60 years. At the time, it was probably an understatement.

Nice going back a year for that one.

So, do we have a consensus that we are done at LB? I know we don't agree whether we should be (looking at you, Mikey ;) ). But, whether we think we should be or not, does everyone basically agree we are done for the year at LB (not counting Star as LB)?

So, do we have a consensus that we are done at LB? I know we don't agree whether we should be (looking at you, Mikey ;) ). But, whether we think we should be or not, does everyone basically agree we are done for the year at LB (not counting Star as LB)?

Other than Chris Weatherd, the JUCO 4* LB committed to Tenn, on a possible flip I think that's about it.

Other than Chris Weatherd, the JUCO 4* LB committed to Tenn, on a possible flip I think that's about it.

Thanks, IronMan.

Updated (12/19/13):

D'haquille Williams, Davonte Lambert, Xavier Dampeer and Derrick Moncrief have signed with Auburn.

Removed:

WR Malachi Dupre (LSU strong lean)

DE Dante Sawyer (commits to South Carolina)

LB Shaun Hamilton

WarEagleAU - I have found this list to be the best resource regarding AU recruiting this season. I don't have time to follow all the individual threads. Thanks for your work on this thread.

Last I read we were only waiting for Prestwood's grades for him to head to the Plains and that those would be known by JUCO signing day. Do we know the status on him? Sorry if the answer's posted elsewhere on this board, I'm interested because IMO he's a great candidate to be the second coming of Mr. Prosch.

:-)

The forum has improved significantly from last year's posts. :-D

Last I read we were only waiting for Prestwood's grades for him to head to the Plains and that those would be known by JUCO signing day. Do we know the status on him? Sorry if the answer's posted elsewhere on this board, I'm interested because IMO he's a great candidate to be the second coming of Mr. Prosch.

It's being said elsewhere that Prestwood did not make whatever grades he had to make and cannot sign until the February signing date. Caution: that's third hand information but since he didn't sign with anybody yesterday it's probably true.

I think our chances should improve after we win the BCSNC game at the Rose Bowl.

:happydance:/>

Interesting difference of opinion. I wonder who will be correct?

I think our chances should improve after we win the BCSNC game at the Rose Bowl.

:happydance:/>

Interesting difference of opinion. I wonder who will be correct?

That opinion was back in October. I would think the poster has updated his thoughts with all that has happened since this October date. Since our class is firmly in the top 10 now I think almost everyone thinks we will have a class ranked between 2 and 8 or so.

Archived