2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting. Hate to say this, but I really don't think we should have high expectations for the 2014 recruiting class...

I think the 2014 class will be a top 10 or better when the dust settles after we win the NC. I see a lot of great recruits committed & early signed.

Thanks for posting. Hate to say this, but I really don't think we should have high expectations for the 2014 recruiting class...

I think the 2014 class will be a top 10 or better when the dust settles after we win the NC. I see a lot of great recruits committed & early signed.

Have you STILL not noticed that the post you quoted was written in October of 2012?

Updated (12/26/13):

OL Braden Smith and TE Sammie Epps added.

TE Ricky Parks is back on the team as walk-on.

Profiles added: Demetrius Kemp and Lamont Simmons.

You don't hear it often enough: Thanks for all the hard work keeping this thread updated! It's the best source going.

You're welcome, anytime! WDE!

Updated (12/27/13):

Davonte Lambert wont be an early enrollee but he will signs with AU in Feb. (EE removed)

DT Dontavius Russell commits to Auburn.

Removed: DT - Shaw, Godchaux, Stallworth and Hoyett (we are done recruiting with DT)

Updated (12/28/13):

OL/TE Prestwood - Auburn, Miami, Florida and NC State battle (FSU eliminated)

WR Travis Rudolph - Alabama, FSU, Auburn, Florida and Miami battle (Florida and Miami added)

OG/T Braden Smith - TCU, Texas A&M, Notre Dame and Auburn battle (Bama & UGA removed)

DE Andrew Williams - Auburn, Clemson, Ole Miss and South Carolina battle (LSU removed)

Auburn is done recruiting LB. (Removed Weatherd and Yancey)

John Bonney profiles added.

Thanks. Sorry, I missed that. I think Rudolph is gone... Just a matter of if they fill that spot with another WR.

I think we may ended up with 3 WRs for this class after Rudolph is gone.

Yeah Rodolph appears to be Bama bound, unfortunately.

May live to regret it, considering all of the QB talent we have at AU.

I think TR picks FSU or maybe a 1% chance AU. All his other schools have serious ?'s at QB, even Bama.

I think TR picks FSU or maybe a 1% chance AU. All his other schools have serious ?'s at QB, even Bama.

Rudolph needs to think beyond 1 year. Rudolph will only be a Freshman and if Winston has a halfway decent season next year, he is gone to the NFL. Some of the FSU fans are worried about what happens in the NCG if Winston gets injured. According to them, there isn't much backing him up. Auburn has a good bench and more coming.

I would think the same thought process would be done in the case of Clemson and Chad Morris. At most Chad has one more year and that's if he doesn't take a HC job after Clemson's bowl game.

Rudolph needs to think beyond 1 year. Rudolph will only be a Freshman and if Winston has a halfway decent season next year, he is gone to the NFL. Some of the FSU fans are worried about what happens in the NCG if Winston gets injured. According to them, there isn't much backing him up. Auburn has a good bench and more coming.

I would think the same thought process would be done in the case of Clemson and Chad Morris. At most Chad has one more year and that's if he doesn't take a HC job after Clemson's bowl game.

Well Rudolph should know FSU QB commit Treon Harris well. Both are from South Fla. He may think a lot of Harris as a QB.

Well Rudolph should know FSU QB commit Treon Harris well. Both are from South Fla. He may think a lot of Harris as a QB.

He could, but unless Harris is an all world QB, I look at him at 5'10"- 5'11" as being more a WR/DB type.

He could, but unless Harris is an all world QB, I look at him at 5'10"- 5'11" as being more a WR/DB type.

The ACC is weak enough to have a small QB like that.

Harris will play safety in college.

Ok looking at the first page I have several questions. What is our number for this year? By my count we have 21 commits for scholarships and 2 preferred walk-ons. Are we still pursuing Prestwood when we have 3 position needs and have 2 scholarship commits plus a walk-on of Parks? We havent heard much about A. Williams lately, are we still in the hunt for him at DE? Supposedly we are still looking for a CB and a Safety. We havent heard any info on the listed targets any insight on these?

Ok looking at the first page I have several questions. What is our number for this year? By my count we have 21 commits for scholarships and 2 preferred walk-ons. Are we still pursuing Prestwood when we have 3 position needs and have 2 scholarship commits plus a walk-on of Parks? We havent heard much about A. Williams lately, are we still in the hunt for him at DE? Supposedly we are still looking for a CB and a Safety. We havent heard any info on the listed targets any insight on these?

Prestwood - maybe not.

A. Williams is their top priority at DE.

We are still looking for one more at DB position (either CB or S) - Bonney is their top priority at DB but longshot.

Position to fill:

1 TE or OL (B. Smith/Prestwood)

1 DE (A. Williams)

1 DB (Bonney/Simmons/Kemp)

1 Star (Evans)

If we want to sign 28 then we have to fill 3 more position needs: DB, TE/OL and DE.

Prestwood - maybe not.

A. Williams is their top priority at DE.

We are still looking for one more at DB position (either CB or S) - Bonney is their top priority at DB but longshot.

Position to fill:

1 TE or OL (B. Smith/Prestwood)

1 DE (A. Williams)

1 DB (Bonney/Simmons/Kemp)

1 Star (Evans)

If we want to sign 28 then we have to fill 3 more position needs: DB, TE/OL and DE.

As usual, excellent summation, WarEagle AU. But I think there are at least one or two more DEs and DBs out there to be pursued once they get back and dead period is over. Good ones, too.

Updated (1/3/13):

WR Travis Rudolph commits to Florida State (removed). ***We are done recruiting WRs***

Not quite. The staff has not decided if they will still continue to recruit Rudolph or not.

Archived