2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

Updated (1/3/13):

WR Travis Rudolph commits to Florida State (removed). ***We are done recruiting WRs***

Not quite. The staff has not decided if they will still continue to recruit Rudolph or not.

I think so but hard to see him to flip. We'll see.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok looking at the first page I have several questions. What is our number for this year? By my count we have 21 commits for scholarships and 2 preferred walk-ons. Are we still pursuing Prestwood when we have 3 position needs and have 2 scholarship commits plus a walk-on of Parks? We havent heard much about A. Williams lately, are we still in the hunt for him at DE? Supposedly we are still looking for a CB and a Safety. We havent heard any info on the listed targets any insight on these?

Prestwood - maybe not.

A. Williams is their top priority at DE.

We are still looking for one more at DB position (either CB or S) - Bonney is their top priority at DB but longshot.

Position to fill:

1 TE or OL (B. Smith/Prestwood)

1 DE (A. Williams)

1 DB (Bonney/Simmons/Kemp)

1 Star (Evans)

If we want to sign 28 then we have to fill 3 more position needs: DB, TE/OL and DE.

As usual, excellent summation, WarEagle AU. But I think there are at least one or two more DEs and DBs out there to be pursued once they get back and dead period is over. Good ones, too.

One of the DE recruits wouldn't happen to be that beast that is committed to Texas A&M would it??? That rascal's got a motor.

Ok looking at the first page I have several questions. What is our number for this year? By my count we have 21 commits for scholarships and 2 preferred walk-ons. Are we still pursuing Prestwood when we have 3 position needs and have 2 scholarship commits plus a walk-on of Parks? We havent heard much about A. Williams lately, are we still in the hunt for him at DE? Supposedly we are still looking for a CB and a Safety. We havent heard any info on the listed targets any insight on these?

Prestwood - maybe not.

A. Williams is their top priority at DE.

We are still looking for one more at DB position (either CB or S) - Bonney is their top priority at DB but longshot.

Position to fill:

1 TE or OL (B. Smith/Prestwood)

1 DE (A. Williams)

1 DB (Bonney/Simmons/Kemp)

1 Star (Evans)

If we want to sign 28 then we have to fill 3 more position needs: DB, TE/OL and DE.

As usual, excellent summation, WarEagle AU. But I think there are at least one or two more DEs and DBs out there to be pursued once they get back and dead period is over. Good ones, too.

One of the DE recruits wouldn't happen to be that beast that is committed to Texas A&M would it??? That rascal's got a motor.

Unfortunately, no.

AU is not done recruiting WR's yet. Don't know if AU will get or take another WR but they are recruiting at least one WR besides Rudolph.

I really hope it's Trey Quinn. Something about him screams star.

AU is not done recruiting WR's yet. Don't know if AU will get or take another WR but they are recruiting at least one WR besides Rudolph.

I really hope it's Trey Quinn. Something about him screams star.

Quinn has always been all LSU. 0% chance

I hope the staff did not make a mistake not giving Dante Sawyer a commitable offer. He looked almost as Garrett in the Army All Star Game.

I hope the staff did not make a mistake not giving Dante Sawyer a commitable offer. He looked almost as Garrett in the Army All Star Game.

Kind of agree with that E. Maybe something will change before NSD but I'm not going to hold my breath. The other question I've always had with Sawyer is what (if any) impact it would have on Hyatt for next year.

I may have missed this, but was wondering when and why White lost a star in composite rankings. "E" can you shed some light on this? I guess the kid has good cause for a chip on his shoulder. Still not much respect from the "experts". I reckon they just keep hoping he will slip up so they can say "I told you so" and justify their original evaluation. As for me, I'll take Gus's, Rhett's, and DC's opinions any day.

"I may have missed this, but was wondering when and why White lost a star in composite rankings. 'E' can you shed some light on this? I guess the kid has good cause for a chip on his shoulder. Still not much respect from the 'experts'. I reckon they just keep hoping he will slip up so they can say 'I told you so' and justify their original evaluation. As for me, I'll take Gus's, Rhett's, and DC's opinions any day."

;)

I may have missed this, but was wondering when and why White lost a star in composite rankings.

slight overall drop on Rivals and a QB position drop from 30 to 39 on Scout.. That was done last month.

I may have missed this, but was wondering when and why White lost a star in composite rankings.

slight overall drop on Rivals and a QB position drop from 30 to 39 on Scout.. That was done last month.

Reason for the drop????? It appears this kid is kicking ass and taking names at all the camps/All-Star events he attends. Do we expect a significant bump on the next ratings updates? I'm not hung up on stars next to a kid's name, but it seems White has EARNED his way to elite status.

Reason for the drop????? It appears this kid is kicking ass and taking names at all the camps/All-Star events he attends. Do we expect a significant bump on the next ratings updates? I'm not hung up on stars next to a kid's name, but it seems White has EARNED his way to elite status.

1. Don't know. I don't mess with the clowns at Scout. 2. Yes at least from ESPN based on the glowing article Loogs wrote on White. It's in his thread if you missed it.

I remember when everyone was asking about Phillip Rivers, after the fact. He was a kid that uat and AU never seriously considered at QB coming out of high school, probably a two or three star QB (I think he would have been taken at another position at uat or AU?). He went to NC State and absolutely lit it up on there throwing the ball on the way to a good pro career. Everyone was asking "why didn't we offer this guy, in our own back yard??" The answer was that he just never showed up on the recruiting radar as a stud QB. This reminds me of that situation a little, except that this time the QB in question is set to sign with AU. I look at White play and nothing just jumps out at you: speed, elusiveness, size, strength, ect. He doesn't "wow" you to look at (at least to me), but he just... keeps... making... plays. Over and over again he keeps the play alive and puts the ball right on the money. Maybe he'll never break the starting lineup, who knows, but he may very well come in and be the next great NFL QB to come through AU.

I remember when everyone was asking about Phillip Rivers, after the fact. He was a kid that uat and AU never seriously considered at QB coming out of high school, probably a two or three star QB (I think he would have been taken at another position at uat or AU?). He went to NC State and absolutely lit it up on there throwing the ball on the way to a good pro career. Everyone was asking "why didn't we offer this guy, in our own back yard??" The answer was that he just never showed up on the recruiting radar as a stud QB. This reminds me of that situation a little, except that this time the QB in question is set to sign with AU. I look at White play and nothing just jumps out at you: speed, elusiveness, size, strength, ect. He doesn't "wow" you to look at (at least to me), but he just... keeps... making... plays. Over and over again he keeps the play alive and puts the ball right on the money. Maybe he'll never break the starting lineup, who knows, but he may very well come in and be the next great NFL QB to come through AU.

White is about ten miles ahead of where Rivers was in high school. NC State was as shocked as anybody at Rivers's development. They agreed to let him play QB on the scout team his redshirt year and then planned to move him to TE. By November he had exploded and the rest is history, but Rivers was nowhere near as good as White in High School.

Updated (1/11/14):

Added:

QB Treon Harris

WR Travis Rudolph

DE Davon Godchaux

Removed:

WR Sammie Epps (will commit either Miss State or Ole Miss)

FB Jarvis Cooper

TE Charles Standberry

C Josh Casher

OT Terronne Prescod

DE Grant Harris

CB Antreal Allen

S Draequon Murphy

Updated: Auburn is done recruiting TE/HB after Ricky Parks was added as a walk-on this week. Move Prestwood to OL (Still consider him as OL/TE and is behind Braden Smith).

It would be great if we got both Smith and Prestwood for our OL in this class.

Not looking like Prestwood is a take at this time unless we miss on Smith.

Miss on Smith or not, Prestwood is not a take. We are recruiting Prestwood as TE but we are done recruiting TE.

Updated (1/13/14):

Removed:

TE Jordan Prestwood (We are NOT recruiting him as OL so AU move on)

DE Denzel Ware

CB John Bonney (100% to Texas)

CB Raymond Wingo

CB Lamont Simmons

S Tez Parks (we could take him as walk-on but he got an offer from Ga Tech and Tennessee)

Rashaan Evans - removed Ole Miss & UCLA

Braden Smith - removed Notre Dame

Andrew Willams - removed LSU & South Carolina

Anthony Olobia - removed Utah & Arizona

Miss on Smith or not, Prestwood is not a take. We are recruiting Prestwood as TE but we are done recruiting TE.

Likely it works out that way but we are looking at Prestwood as an OT also if we miss on Braden because of G-Rob going pro. G-Robs pro value skyrocketing caught the staff off guard. Not saying Presty will definitely become a take but he is not a definite no take at the moment. Trust me on all that.

Likely it works out that way but we are looking at Prestwood as an OT also if we miss on Braden because of G-Rob going pro. G-Robs pro value skyrocketing caught the staff off guard. Not saying Presty will definitely become a take but he is not a definite no take at the moment. Trust me on all that.

If we miss on Braden then we will move on and focus at other pos. (QB, WR or 4th DE) instead of take another OL in class. There are a lot of elite OL for 2015 class.

If we miss on Braden then we will move on and focus at other pos. (QB, WR or 4th DE) instead of take another OL in class. There are a lot of elite OL for 2015 class.

I understand 2015 is a great group of OL but I am telling you ther staff would like to replace G-Rob in this class and not wait a class.

Archived