I think it ends this way for us:

Star Evans 5*

OL Smith 4*

DL Williams 4*

DL Godchaux 4*

ATH Harris 4*

WR Davidson 4*

S Sanders 3*

I do not think we have room for seven more commits. I think most likely we will take five at most. Evans, Smith, and Williams are three that will most likely sign with Auburn and then one or two more coming in.

I'm no recruiting expert but I think we can sign 28 this year with 3 counting back to last year. So at this point we have room for eight (w/D. Stucky leaving).

True but you have to look at the 85 too. To get at or below 85 by June or July. 6 more on the team now have to attritioned or processed if you were to sign 28. I agree with Life. We are looking at taking 24 or 25 right now.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E, two questions for you.

1. Are you going to remove Stucky from page 1?

2. With this being my first year following recruiting on this board, will there be a new thread started on NSD or will we have to follow the individual recruits pages for updates?

I don't see the 85 as a problem. After spring I'm sure 6 or 8 will see the handwriting. I'm sure all of us could name half a dozen candidates. Regardless of how some want to spin it, it happens everywhere. Division II schools are patiently waiting with some open spots.

According to my numbers, we are now sitting at 81 with the loss of Stuckey. We need to get to 24 to have a full roster. I would love to get to 26 or 27 with the potential of grade issues and losing 2 or 3 to attrition before the season starts.

2. With this being my first year following recruiting on this board, will there be a new thread started on NSD or will we have to follow the individual recruits pages for updates?

1. Threads do not get moved from specific pages. I can move it to the Rivals section. There is so much posting in AU recruiting right now though that I am going to keep it in the AU section for a couple of days though so as many people as possible gets to see it.

2. I don't know. I have never run things on NSD and honestly did not plan to this year. I am usually glued to ESPNU and the AU football twitter account. AUSportstalk ran it last year and previous years and he made a thread for each NLI signed. What I will probably do is create and PIN a confirmed NLI thread the night before so I or any mod can edit the OP as faxes come in.

It's 2014 and now we don't have to be at 85 schollies until August.

We can not pass 85 enrolled at anytime. If the signees have all enrolled by June then that's when we have to be at 85.

According to my numbers, we are now sitting at 81 with the loss of Stuckey. We need to get to 24 to have a full roster. I would love to get to 26 or 27 with the potential of grade issues and losing 2 or 3 to attrition before the season starts.

Follow the scholly breakdown thread by WEAU in the football forum. He always has that thing accurate.

Also remember word is the DE transfer from Texas Tech was set to go on Scholly this Spring. I have not seen confirmation he did yet though.

NOTE: We are at 76-78 right now not subtracting the 6 who were December grads and pending on whether Reese stays on scholly and if Robison has gotten 1.

I don't see the 85 as a problem. After spring I'm sure 6 or 8 will see the handwriting. I'm sure all of us could name half a dozen candidates. Regardless of how some want to spin it, it happens everywhere. Division II schools are patiently waiting with some open spots.

We have lost 7 so far since last August. 6 more would mean 13 which a good bit above normal. I think Mikey is expecting more though.

1. Threads do not get moved from specific pages. I can move it to the Rivals section. There is so much posting in AU recruiting right now though that I am going to keep it in the AU section for a couple of days though so as many people as possible gets to see it.

2. I don't know. I have never run things on NSD and honestly did not plan to this year. I am usually glued to ESPNU and the AU football twitter account. AUSportstalk ran it last year and previous years and he made a thread for each NLI signed. What I will probably do is create and PIN a confirmed NLI thread the night before so I or any mod can edit the OP as faxes come in.

Maybe I miss worded the Stucky question. Are you going to remove him from page one of this thread, since he de-committed?

Follow the scholly breakdown thread by WEAU in the football forum. He always has that thing accurate.

Also remember word is the DE transfer from Texas Tech was set to go on Scholly this Spring. I have not seen confirmation he did yet though.

NOTE: We are at 76-78 right now not subtracting the 6 who were December grads and pending on whether Reese stays on scholly and if Robison has gotten 1.

E - That thread was last updated on 1/6/2014, so he is still including Kiehl Frazier, Tre Mason, Tunde Fariyke, & Greg Robinson in those numbers. I hadn't heard that about Robison, so my 81 was including all of our current players, our early enrollees, and our commits. It was also counting Dimitri Reese, Chase Robison, Melvin Ray, Gage Batten, & Ricky Parks as walk-ons.

Maybe I miss worded the Stucky question. Are you going to remove him from page one of this thread, since he de-committed?

Done. Just got on forums. Pardon my worst schedule ever (on night shift). :dead:

E - That thread was last updated on 1/6/2014, so he is still including Kiehl Frazier, Tre Mason, Tunde Fariyke, & Greg Robinson in those numbers. I hadn't heard that about Robison, so my 81 was including all of our current players, our early enrollees, and our commits. It was also counting Dimitri Reese, Chase Robison, Melvin Ray, Gage Batten, & Ricky Parks as walk-ons.

I am going to make new thread for 2014 scholarships thread after NSD. This thread was in 2013.

I am going to make new thread for 2014 scholarships thread after NSD. This thread was in 2013.

You could just keep one thread and edit the OP and title when needed. That would save you time and work on it.

You could just keep one thread and edit the OP and title when needed. That would save you time and work on it.

Not much work. Just copy/paste and make 2013 as an archive.

Long story short. You and I have the same number doing it your way. It's 81 to 83 pending on whewther Reese and Robison are on scholly or not.

That sounds great WEAU and thanks for the Stucky update on pg 1.

With the loss of Stuckey, don't we have 80 on scholly?

No. If you want to include commits even though they are not on scholly yet then the # is 81-83

We can not pass 85 enrolled at anytime. If the signees have all enrolled by June then that's when we have to be at 85.

Technically yes, but my post had to do with NSD vis a vi the 85 rule as a hard and fast rule for that date, but it is not. When the players actually enroll is when they are counted. From NSD to Fall camp, players will be coming and going so it is very unlikely any team breaks the 85 then. As long as we don't go over the 85 limit during that time period, the attrition process can play out. But in August all the players have to be enrolled in classes for the 2014 season and that is when the roster is set for the final time.

Technically yes, but my post had to do with NSD vis a vi the 85 rule as a hard and fast rule for that date, but it is not. When the players actually enroll is when they are counted. From NSD to Fall camp, players will be coming and going so it is very unlikely any team breaks the 85 then. As long as we don't go over the 85 limit during that time period, the attrition process can play out. But in August all the players have to be enrolled in classes for the 2014 season and that is when the roster is set for the final time.

Cool. :cheers:

You nailed it.

Archived