2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is turning out to be a great class. If we get a few more commitments, we should be close to the top of the pack in the SEC and nation. It is about time that we took on and passed bammer in the recruiting department. When this happens, Nicky will see the writing on the wall and will turn in his retirement papers.

I'm hoping we add a few more OL.

You'll have to wait til 2015 to get a few. The most we add in 2014 is 2, hoping we get 1 more.

Updated (1/22/14):

Added:

WR Shaq Davidson

OLB/DE Bryson Allen-Williams (he can play both positions - OLB and DE)

S Gerri Green (Not sure if he will visit AU but stay tuned)

Move Kirk Tucker to 'star' position - backup plan if Evans commits to another school.

Downer Dan here would view losing Evans as this year's Foster. fwiw

Given his great character and him being a home town hero it would be a much bigger loss IMO. Although we would still flourish in the long run.

Downer Dan here would view losing Evans as this year's Foster. fwiw

I don't see any similarity between Evans and Foster. HOWEVER: From the get-go Evans has stated a desire to get away from home to go to college. Lately he hasn't mentioned that nearly as much but I don't think that feeling can be discounted. I think our chances at him would be much better if he lived in B'ham, Atlanta or anywhere outside the immediate Auburn area.

Of all the commits we have right now, who is the biggest sleeper in this class? I mean they are all getting buzz from us but who is the most underrated player coming in this year?

Of all the commits we have right now, who is the biggest sleeper in this class? I mean they are all getting buzz from us but who is the most underrated player coming in this year?

For me it's Kennion.

I personally think it's Stanton Truitt.

Agreed.

Myron Burton - Tall receiver with college ready body who runs great routes and blocks well

Agreed.

Ill do that one as well. Kennion, if he gets into the S&C program, will be one to watch as well.

Updated (1/25/14)

Removed

OL Damian Prince

Added

WR Javonte Seabury

Star Ronnie Clark

S Dominick Sanders

S Tavon Ross

LS Ike Powell (AU grayshirt or walkon)

Gerri Green is recruited by Auburn as OLB/DE; I think he'll ended up at DE if he flips to AU.

***I know there are a lot of recruits on safety list. backup plan? Yes, a lot.

I believe the positions of Long Snapper (for punts) and Deep Snapper (for FG's and PAT's) are normally covered by different people. Ike Powell was Kohl's #5 rated snapper while Zack Wade was #7. IMHO Powell's body type makes him ideal for Deep Snapper chores while Wade's is well suited for Long Snapping duties. Having both would be an unseen, underappreciated but important part of the class and another example of CGM's attention to detail.

I believe the positions of Long Snapper (for punts) and Deep Snapper (for FG's and PAT's) are normally covered by different people. Ike Powell was Kohl's #5 rated snapper while Zack Wade was #7. IMHO Powell's body type makes him ideal for Deep Snapper chores while Wade's is well suited for Long Snapping duties. Having both would be an unseen, underappreciated but important part of the class and another example of CGM's attention to detail.

Powell is more likely to take Lembke's place this fall and Zach Wade is more likely to use redshirt year this fall (Forrest Hill got one more year left). That's probably why we take two in this class.

Glad we went ahead and did thisc that way the LSU commitment can see we have room for him. If you cant make the grade, you can't play the game.

I think it ends this way for us:

Star Evans 5*

OL Smith 4*

DL Williams 4*

DL Godchaux 4*

ATH Harris 4*

WR Davidson 4*

S Sanders 3*

I do not think we have room for seven more commits. I think most likely we will take five at most. Evans, Smith, and Williams are three that will most likely sign with Auburn and then one or two more coming in.

I think it ends this way for us:

Star Evans 5*

OL Smith 4*

DL Williams 4*

DL Godchaux 4*

ATH Harris 4*

WR Davidson 4*

S Sanders 3*

I do not think we have room for seven more commits. I think most likely we will take five at most. Evans, Smith, and Williams are three that will most likely sign with Auburn and then one or two more coming in.

I'm no recruiting expert but I think we can sign 28 this year with 3 counting back to last year. So at this point we have room for eight (w/D. Stucky leaving).

Archived