ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

Alot of posters on this thread seem to feel Jimbo has underwhelmed as a head coach. He is just into his third season and has them at 10-1 with the top ranked defense in the country. Yes, the noles lost to NC State but lets see where one of our 8 losses have come from...oh yeah, Clemson, an ACC school

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way in Hattes that Jimbo wins the ACC, then comes to Auburn to coach for JJ! It won't happen!

It would if they gave him the full control with zero interference (which he is requesting)

He loves Auburn and has many fond memories there. FSU is a financial wreck and Jimbo would actually have a more secure job at Auburn.

He also knows that in the SEC you can get into the BCS NCG with 1 or 2 losses. In the ACC that isn't happening.

Alot of posters on this thread seem to feel Jimbo has underwhelmed as a head coach. He is just into his third season and has them at 10-1 with the top ranked defense in the country. Yes, the noles lost to NC State but lets see where one of our 8 losses have come from...oh yeah, Clemson, an ACC school

Its not just us posters who feel he has underwhelmed. Look at the polls. There are TWO 2-loss teams ranked ahead of them and FIVE other one loss teams. Apparently everyone else assumes its relatively easy to win 10 games with FSU's schedule. And what does our losing to Clemson have to do with anything? We have lost to everybody. We are bad. Its more telling that FSU lost to a team UT ran off the field and that same UT team is winless in the SEC.

There is no way in Hattes that Jimbo wins the ACC, then comes to Auburn to coach for JJ! It won't happen!

It would if they gave him the full control with zero interference (which he is requesting)

He loves Auburn and has many fond memories there. FSU is a financial wreck and Jimbo would actually have a more secure job at Auburn.

He also knows that in the SEC you can get into the BCS NCG with 1 or 2 losses. In the ACC that isn't happening.

Im sure you were told this by your "sources".

Why is it that you can make it to the BCSNCG with 1 -2 losses in the SEC but cant in the ACC? Better competition. So why would you assume a coach who consistently losses 1 - 4 games playing an ACC schedule is going to only lose 0 -2 games in the SEC?

AU will never win anything other other than the Capital One Bowl with Jimbo as HC. Hiring Jimbo is a committment to mediocrity and an expensive one at that. And most fans would be excited about such a hire. I guess this is why 2010 was our first NC in over 50 years. Oh well.

Why is it that you can make it to the BCSNCG with 1 -2 losses in the SEC but cant in the ACC? Better competition. So why would you assume a coach who consistently losses 1 - 4 games playing an ACC schedule is going to only lose 0 -2 games in the SEC?

AU will never win anything other other than the Capital One Bowl with Jimbo as HC. Hiring Jimbo is a committment to mediocrity and an expensive one at that. And most fans would be excited about such a hire. I guess this is why 2010 was our first NC in over 50 years. Oh well.

OK, who do you think AU can realistically hire that would be better than Jimbo based on their actual coaching record as a college HC?

wde

OK, who do you think AU can realistically hire that would be better than Jimbo based on their actual coaching record as a college HC?

wde

First, Im not so sure Jimbo is even realistic. He can be much more successful at FSU than he could be at AU. Second, to answer your question, BMFP. That was easy. But other than that I would take Gus and Strong before I would take Jimbo.

I am not sure we will get Jimbo complete control for this reason. I am not sure Auburn would give another coach complete control coming off of this travesty with Chizik who has had virtually complete control as evidenced by things such as the security curfew and Jackson and Bolt being Chizik's puppets.

wde

First, Im not so sure Jimbo is even realistic. He can be much more successful at FSU than he could be at AU. Second, to answer your question, BMFP. That was easy. But other than that I would take Gus and Strong before I would take Jimbo.

This would take a lot to happen but if FSU wins out (which is easily possible with Driskel out) and ND losses to USC and FSU does not even get close to the top 2 Jimbo may look at things and say to himself I want to go to the SEC and Auburn because there I know I would have a much better chance to get to a playoff with only 1 loss. Only Jimbo knows what he is thinking at this point.

wde

This would take a lot to happen but if FSU wins out (which is easily possible with Driskel out) and ND losses to USC and FSU does not even get close to the top 2 Jimbo may look at things and say to himself I want to go to the SEC and Auburn because there I know I would have a much better chance to get to a playoff with only 1 loss. Only Jimbo knows what he is thinking at this point.

I disagree. Three of the top five BCS teams are SEC. Five of the top 10. Six in the top 25. ACC has two. FSU and Clemson. FSU beat Clemson. If it were not for NC St. FSU would be no worse than third. If Jimbo wants to play for a NC his best opportunity is to go undefeated at FSU not at AU.

It's all about money. If we want Jimbo (or anybody else, for that matter) we make an unrefusable offer.

Regardless of who Auburn hires, this hire will show whether or not Auburn thinks football is a vital part of the business or not. It's investment time if we want to really compete.

The impending decision on whether Coach Chizik stays or not will define the direction that JJ and JG want the program to go in the near future. If that decision is that Coach is fired, then the hiring decision will be the most important decision that JJ and JG will make during their time on the Plains.

The impending decision on whether Coach Chizik stays or not will define the direction that JJ and JG want the program to go in the near future. If that decision is that Coach is fired, then the hiring decision will be the most important decision that JJ and JG will make during their time on the Plains.

Retaining Gene would be the most important decision they could make.

wde

I suppose "BMFP" means Petrino. So, you believe a guy that has proved nothing but that he's a good offensive play caller and a sneaky individual is a better hire than Jimbo Fisher, Charlie Strong or several other viable candidates out there? Uh, no. You don't think Jimbo can win SEC championships but you think Petrino can? Where are all of "BMFP"'s trophies? I must have missed those SEC championships he's won.

Retaining Gene would be the most important decision they could make if they want to gamble their jobs and professional reputations on his success in 2013.

FIFY (actually - Jacobs gambled his job and professional reputation by hiring Gene in the first place)

Before all this football coach problem flared up, Jay Gouge had already announced his plans to retire next year. I don't think he's worried about his future employment, his only worry will be getting the best possible coach for Auburn.

Jackson and Bolt being Chizik's puppets.

Wait a minute. You are saying that TJ is Chiz's puppet and not JJ's puppet?

Jackson and Bolt being Chizik's puppets.

Wait a minute. You are saying that TJ is Chiz's puppet and not JJ's puppet?

Probably both. lol

Bill O'Brien

...would not be interested in coming to Auburn at this time.

With all due respect my friend I have been told he is interested and wants out of Penn St because he had no idea the NCAA sanctins would be as bad as they are.

Bill O'Brien

With all due respect my friend I have been told he is interested and wants out of Penn St because he had no idea the NCAA sanctins would be as bad as they are.

Four year post season ban and a reduction of 20 schollies over four years are the sanctions that affect the current and future teams. Although considered severe, he knew that some sanctions were imminent going in. I get the impression that he will ride it out especially since the team seems to have turned a corner and things are looking up for them.

wde

I suppose "BMFP" means Petrino. So, you believe a guy that has proved nothing but that he's a good offensive play caller and a sneaky individual is a better hire than Jimbo Fisher, Charlie Strong or several other viable candidates out there? Uh, no. You don't think Jimbo can win SEC championships but you think Petrino can? Where are all of "BMFP"'s trophies? I must have missed those SEC championships he's won.

I quit reading your post after the highlighted. If you truly believe that then you arent worth debating.

Bill O'Brien

Four year post season ban and a reduction of 20 schollies over four years are the sanctions that affect the current and future teams. Although considered severe, he knew that some sanctions were imminent going in. I get the impression that he will ride it out especially since the team seems to have turned a corner and things are looking up for them.

With those penalties, he hasn't even come close to reaching bottom yet.

Archived