ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Leavitt for DC. Flip it on ESPN and you'll see why.

Didn't he get fired for beating up his players?

He slapped a helmet and wasn't 100% truthful about it. He got canned because he got hubris and the administration didn't like him. I've heard rumors that he was sleeping around, but the person that told me this (a USF student) looked like a real weirdo and I didn't believe him.

ST just tweeted if Auburn does everything needed, Jeff Fisher is a real possibility. Serious interest!

Yes! This!

Also tweeted, "Auburn coach watch list: Bobby Petrino, Jeff Fisher, Gus Malzahn, Jimbo Fisher."

ST just tweeted if Auburn does everything needed, Jeff Fisher is a real possibility. Serious interest!

Yes! This!

Also tweeted, "Auburn coach watch list: Bobby Petrino, Jeff Fisher, Gus Malzahn, Jimbo Fisher."

I'm firmly in the team petrino corner, mostly because I thought Jeff Fisher was a pipe dream. But I would be ecstatic if we landed him. I trust 2 insiders info without question: jay tate and st. If st is saying this, I'm all for it. I know Jeff Fisher has no Recruiting experience but how many coaches can claim to have been head coach in a super bowl?

Yes! This!

I'm firmly in the team petrino corner, mostly because I thought Jeff Fisher was a pipe dream. But I would be ecstatic if we landed him. I trust 2 insiders info without question: jay tate and st. If st is saying this, I'm all for it. I know Jeff Fisher has no Recruiting experience but how many coaches can claim to have been head coach in a super bowl?

As far as recruiting goes, I think he'd be a hit. He always seemed to me to have a gift as a head coach - being personable and yet not being too nice and knowing when to be mean as a snake if he needs to be. You either have no personality (Saban and Petrino) or you have too much and are too nice (Chizik and Barfield). Having said that, I would love a Jeff Fisher hire.

I AM AUBURN ALLTHEWAY,, BUT YOU PEOPLE ACT LIKE YOU WOULD TAKE ANY COACH, JIMBO FISHER IS NOT THE COACH FOR AUBURN, HE HASAN'T DONE REAL GREAT WITH FSU.. TRY FOR A COACH LIKE THE ORAGAN DUCKS COACH.. THIS GUY CAN COACH , HUGH FREEZE FROM OLE MISS WILL BE BETTER THAN JIMBO, COME ON GET REAL..

I AM AUBURN ALLTHEWAY,, BUT YOU PEOPLE ACT LIKE YOU WOULD TAKE ANY COACH, JIMBO FISHER IS NOT THE COACH FOR AUBURN, HE HASAN'T DONE REAL GREAT WITH FSU.. TRY FOR A COACH LIKE THE ORAGAN DUCKS COACH.. THIS GUY CAN COACH , HUGH FREEZE FROM OLE MISS WILL BE BETTER THAN JIMBO, COME ON GET REAL..

What? First get realistic, then drop the all caps and check your spelling. Freeze better than JImbo, maybe but not likely. Jimbo is 10-1 this year, has Auburn ties and recruits great. Sounds solid to me. Oregon's coach will not leave to come to AU.

Since we nit-pick everybody, Jeff Fisher blew a timeout call and thus blew a game just this past week. Nah, we can't have a mistake prone guy like that at Auburn. We need better!

I've always like jeff fisher and he's been my top choice all along... he's doing a fantastic job with the rams who are an awful nfl team

The only way Jeff Fisher would take the job is if Jacobs is removed as AD. That has been made clear via back channels.

I just cant believe if AU has the remotest chance to hire Jeff Fisher, everything wouldn`t be done to do so, he did more with less at TENN. Two NFL teams were in a bidding war over his services just last year, Let`s put it this way if an NFL team had a choice between Saban and Fisher most would take Fisher. The fact he would even consider Auburn is a tribute to what we could be.

I just cant believe if AU has the remotest chance to hire Jeff Fisher, everything wouldn`t be done to do so, he did more with less at TENN. Two NFL teams were in a bidding war over his services just last year, Let`s put it this way if an NFL team had a choice between Saban and Fisher most would take Fisher. The fact he would even consider Auburn is a tribute to what we could be.

I dont believe thats entirely true. Jeff Fishers record is .535 (Most of this with a Pro Bowl QB/RB tandem). Nicks was .469. Nicks record was the exact same as Fishers first two full seasons. Even if it is true, it is even more true that if a BCS program had the choice between Saban and Fisher most would take Saban.

name='Fairleyunderappreciated' timestamp='1353857115' post='1746037']

I dont believe thats entirely true. Jeff Fishers record is .535 (Most of this with a Pro Bowl QB/RB tandem). Nicks was .469. Nicks record was the exact same as Fishers first two full seasons. Even if it is true, it is even more true that if a BCS program had the choice between Saban and Fisher most would take Saban.[/b]

I get what your saying on the college level Saban has no equal, but we can`t hire Saban,we can hire someone that in NFL circles is very highly respected and sought after,he`s someone Nick will not outcoach and you won`t see our players leaping at air 5 yards behind the ball carrier..funndamentally there is no better..only question is recruiting and i admit thats a big question.

I dont believe thats entirely true. Jeff Fishers record is .535 (Most of this with a Pro Bowl QB/RB tandem). Nicks was .469. Nicks record was the exact same as Fishers first two full seasons. Even if it is true, it is even more true that if a BCS program had the choice between Saban and Fisher most would take Saban.[/b]

I get what your saying on the college level Saban has no equal, but we can`t hire Saban,we can hire someone that in NFL circles is very highly respected and sought after,he`s someone Nick will not outcoach and you won`t see our players leaping at air 5 yards behind the ball carrier..funndamentally there is no better..only question is recruiting and i admit thats a big question.

NS wins because he has better talent. When he faces a team with equal or close talent, he is batting 500 (or less). We better hire someone who can RECRUIT.

NS wins because he has better talent. When he faces a team with equal or close talent, he is batting 500 (or less). We better hire someone who can RECRUIT.

We did. Tell me, how'd that work out?

We did. Tell me, how'd that work out?

With only the second NC in AU history. Man, how short as some people's memories.

Some coaching staffs follow one MNC with the potential for another. An unusual concept admittedly, but I'm willing to give it a try. As opposed to one underperforming season followed by a complete disaster of one. The buck stops at CGC's and JJ's desk. There is no change leftover. IMO, that buck is spent. Cannot wait until both are ultimately gone.

From a football perspective there is NOTHING to defend from this staff.

However, our kicking was steady for the most part.

Returning kickoffs after opposition scores was almost our best offensive play.

Archived