ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, hard to believe men like Pat Sullivan, a man of integrity, would give their approval on this hire. If so, a dark day for auburn University.

His committee will only make a recommendation to JJ and co., not make the actual hire.

Wow, hard to believe men like Pat Sullivan, a man of integrity, would give their approval on this hire. If so, a dark day for auburn University.

Oh please. You know what matters in big time football? Wins and staying away from the NCAA infractions committee...and the 2nd one is negotiable depending on how much you win.

New from ST.

@ScottR334

Bobby Petrino is one step closer to landing the #Auburn job. Again, Malzahn is the backup plan.

Did something happen? I didn't think interviews would start till tomorrow.

He is referring to this...Petrino met with Mike Slive (SEC Commish) and apparently Slive was impressed. Word is that Slive is fine with an SEC school hiring BP.

Well that's a positive sign. I didn't know the SEC had to grant its blessing, but I feel better if they do. Plus, if he is seeking approval to coach in the conference that sure does eliminate a lot of speculation. Arkansas doesn't seem likely. Kentucky seemed like the biggest shot outside of Auburn, but they just hired stoops. Pinkel is staying at mizzou from what I hear. I haven't heard that Tennessee was interested, even though they might be a good fit.

Things seem to be moving in the right direction!

That is not all that is important to me. The coach doesn't have to be a choir boy but at least someone you would have a shred of respect for. I am a third generation Auburn alum, have attended games all of my life and never thought we would find ourselves in this position. And we have been playing big time football for a long time.

SO WHAT HAPPENED TO JIMBO??? That's what this topic is about! Now we are getting BP I LOVE IT but is it possible that this prediction is as wrong as the initial??

I changed the title so it's not about Jimbo anymore. Also ST was just tweeting was was going on at a certain time. Things change with time and they have changed here and may very well change again.

SO WHAT HAPPENED TO JIMBO??? That's what this topic is about! Now we are getting BP I LOVE IT but is it possible that this prediction is as wrong as the initial??

I changed the title so it's not about Jimbo anymore. Also ST was just tweeting was was going on at a certain time. Things change with time and they have changed her and may very well change again.

One can always hope...

New from ST.

@ScottR334

Bobby Petrino is one step closer to landing the #Auburn job. Again, Malzahn is the backup plan.

He is referring to this...Petrino met with Mike Slive (SEC Commish) and apparently Slive was impressed. Word is that Slive is fine with an SEC school hiring BP.

WTH does Mike Slive have to do with head coaches being hired at SEC schools?

New from ST.

@ScottR334

When did this meeting take place and has anyone else reported that said meeting took place? TIA

New from ST.

@ScottR334

When did this meeting take place and has anyone else reported that said meeting took place? TIA

It was originated from a Phillip Marshall post and 23 then confirmed to to me. 23 is not a rumor monger and would have told me no if it did not happen.

New from ST.

@ScottR334

Probably would be a good idea for Petrino to get Slive's blessing before coaching again in the SEC so soon.

New from ST.

@ScottR334

This is part of Petrino's rehabilitation. At the press conf the search committee will say how much of a changed man he is, then slive will release a statement saying the same thing and praising Auburn for giving a man a shot at redemption. The plan to hire Petrino didn't just hatch a few days ago.

Listening to Sports Call. They are claiming Cal is after Petrino hard and heavy. They said earlier that some Arky guy, earlier on a show Bill(I think that is his name) was on, said Petersen is all but a done deal to Arky. Coaching searches, you have to love them.

Listening to Sports Call. They are claiming Cal is after Petrino hard and heavy. They said earlier that some Arky guy, earlier on a show Bill(I think that is his name) was on, said Petersen is all but a done deal to Arky. Coaching searches, you have to love them.

You should keep listening because they later said the Cal Petrino thing is highly doubtful.

You should keep listening because they later said the Cal Petrino thing is highly doubtful.

Yeah, they said later the only thing he could find was where Petrino had talked to Tedford back in the summer about O. Talked about Miles maybe to Arky. Their story changed about every thirty minutes, it didn't matter what school they were talking about.

Remember 2008 and who was hired then. This is where this thing is headed. Expect Houston Nutt or Mark Hudspeth.

wde

Yeah, they said later the only thing he could find was where Petrino had talked to Tedford back in the summer about O. Talked about Miles maybe to Arky. Their story changed about every thirty minutes, it didn't matter what school they were talking about.

Your nothing but a of rumormonger

You could not be more wrong. I am many more things than just a rumormonger.

You could not be more wrong. I am many more things than just a rumormonger.

I trained you well

Petrino and Patterson are our top 2 choices as of right now.

Which means the actual hire will be some HC at a private Christian HS who is on Jay Jacobs' prayer list. FWIW, I am a Christian so I am not bashing Christians, just JJ.

wde

Archived