ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is Jimbo's real name? I hope it is James, Jim, or Jimmy. It is much better than Dabbo though!

What is Jimbo's real name? I hope it is James, Jim, or Jimmy. It is much better than Dabbo though!

Funy thing is, his real name is actually Ralph. I have no idea why people call him Jimbo.

Got my hopes up when this thread said Fisher. I thought it was Jeff.

Jimbo = mediocre

He should be dominating at F$U but he just got beat by UF and loses a game to weak sauce ACC teams every year. He's better than what we have, but he is far, far from a home-run hire.

I'm neutral on Jimbo. He can take credit for QB Christian Ponder's development, who's done a pretty decent job with the Vikings. He has elevated FSU since Bobby B's departure. Some of that is recruiting and some of that has to be pretty decent player development overall, You don't hear about many off the field issues. However, he has not demonstrated that he is an offensive innovator. Maybe that is some of Saban's influence. And yes, FSU has fallen short here and there when you least expected it. Jimbo is very young into his head coaching career. I think he would be a solid hire and have at worst, a Tuberville type of career at Auburn. But he may do a lot better. Here's why. People forget that Saban didn't set the world on fire right away. Saban didn't have a 1 loss season until his 10th as a head coach. Two, two loss seasons were the best he had during the first 9. FSU's growth, although not spectacular, has been steady. As for Auburn's situation right now, the O talent is far better suited for Malzahn, but I believe Jimbo could adapt and work with what's there much better than Petrino. Petrino must have a pure, classic, drop back, pro style QB. There isn't one on the roster. Jimbo or Gus for me.

Got my hopes up when this thread said Fisher. I thought it was Jeff.

Jimbo = mediocre

He should be dominating at F$U but he just got beat by UF and loses a game to weak sauce ACC teams every year. He's better than what we have, but he is far, far from a home-run hire.

lol. The title of the thread has Jimbo in it, not Fisher.

Didn't ST say Gus was the likely candidate?

He was probably thinking like me in that Gogue would not hire BP but that is not clear anymore. Gus has always been plan C.

ST changes his tune hourly. If he guesses enough names, he can later say he "called it."

Not hourly. Those tweets have occurred over a couple of months which reflects that it is a very fluid situation.

New from ST.

@ScottR334

Bobby Petrino is one step closer to landing the #Auburn job. Again, Malzahn is the backup plan.

Did something happen? I didn't think interviews would start till tomorrow.

Hopefully, what happened was Bobby P's agent has received the contract offer. :)

New from ST.

@ScottR334

Bobby Petrino is one step closer to landing the #Auburn job. Again, Malzahn is the backup plan.

Did something happen? I didn't think interviews would start till tomorrow.

He is referring to this...Petrino met with Mike Slive (SEC Commish) and apparently Slive was impressed. Word is that Slive is fine with an SEC school hiring BP.

Archived