Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

I guess nothing counts with Cam.

It counts IMO but some over count it. If fans/media judged and graded Chiz without Cam why shouldn't they do the same if Gus is a potential HC candidate? JS.

Are we assuming Gus had absolute control over the offense his final year?

Love how people throw in the BUT statement for Gus but no other candidates. Quite amusing.

What's even more amusing is that my statement didn't have a but in it and yours did.

In fact, his had, literally, a big 'BUT'!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did everyone catch Gary Danielson's comment tonight? He said, "This is the offense that you run if you are an elite college football team". He wasn't talking about the spread.

Hard to argue that he is wrong. Like it or not...Bama has the hardware to prove it!

With that said , so do we. And Fla, Ok, Texas

Recent hardware...and Bama's hardware just keeps going and going. People's hate for Bama blind common sense. I dislike it just like any other Auburn fan but face it as long as they have Nickey they are going to keep stock piling SEC & NC's until someone other the LSU can give them a run for their money. It's going to take more than a spread offense to contend with Bama each year. Everyone likes to think that is only way to beat them but that is not true. It's time for Auburn to go big or go home.

Most teams can't recruit like bama does, for whatever reason. Again, bama's O does not win for them. If you want to copy something from bama, copy their D.

I didn't say i wanted to copy their offense! You missed the entire conversation. Teams can recruit with Bama. Auburn has recruited very well against Bama the last 4 years...our staff just couldn't develop it! Stars don't mean everything. Bama is very beatable with a balanced team on O and D no matter what offense you run. Until people get it out of their heads that they "HAVE" to have a spread team to beat Bama...they never will. You can beat them with any offense...i don't care what we run but you certainly have to have a good D and be discipline to have any kind of shot of beating them.

Did everyone catch Gary Danielson's comment tonight? He said, "This is the offense that you run if you are an elite college football team". He wasn't talking about the spread.

Hard to argue that he is wrong. Like it or not...Bama has the hardware to prove it!

Recent hardware...and Bama's hardware just keeps going and going. People's hate for Bama blind common sense. I dislike it just like any other Auburn fan but face it as long as they have Nickey they are going to keep stock piling SEC & NC's until someone other the LSU can give them a run for their money. It's going to take more than a spread offense to contend with Bama each year. Everyone likes to think that is only way to beat them but that is not true. It's time for Auburn to go big or go home.

I agree with you to an extent, but I feel its more relative to having a strong D verses what kind of offense you have. You can have both, Oklahoma is a good example. As well as our 2010 team, and didn't really have a dominant D then.

I want a strong D above anything else. Period. It has been proven over and over again that you have to have a strong D to win in the SEC and contend for a NC. Even FL with the spread had a very good D when they won the NC. Look at the last 10 years a teams that won a NC...no matter what offense they played...they had a solid D. Our D is beyond horrible so I would like that to be main focus of the next HC whether if he is an O or D HC. I want a D!

I agree with you to an extent, but I feel its more relative to having a strong D verses what kind of offense you have. You can have both, Oklahoma is a good example. As well as our 2010 team, and didn't really have a dominant D then.

I want a strong D above anything else. Period. It has been proven over and over again that you have to have a strong D to win in the SEC and contend for a NC. Even FL with the spread had a very good D when they won the NC. Look at the last 10 years a teams that won a NC...no matter what offense they played...they had a solid D. Our D is beyond horrible so I would like that to be main focus of the next HC whether if he is an O or D HC. I want a D!

We agree 1000%

You can have a great O and D just look at Florida in 08 and 06.

Agree. Like i continue to say...I don't care what we run on O. I just want a d*mn good D! Our D is horrible and needs serious work. I would like to focus on fixing the D 1st over anything else b/c it can easily keep you in a game. Even how bad we were this year our D kept us in some games. With an OC that is NOT SL the O can produce something but if you don't have a D in the SEC you can just pack it up and go home!

Most teams can't recruit like bama does, for whatever reason. Again, bama's O does not win for them. If you want to copy something from bama, copy their D.

I didn't say i wanted to copy their offense! You missed the entire conversation. Teams can recruit with Bama. Auburn has recruited very well against Bama the last 4 years...our staff just couldn't develop it! Stars don't mean everything. Bama is very beatable with a balanced team on O and D no matter what offense you run. Until people get it out of their heads that they "HAVE" to have a spread team to beat Bama...they never will. You can beat them with any offense...i don't care what we run but you certainly have to have a good D and be discipline to have any kind of shot of beating them.

Oh my bad. The whole argument started with gr8t saying garry danielson said that the bama O is what "elite" college football teams run. The funny thing about it is, the whole time gr8t was using that illustrate why we need Petrino. He failed to realize that Petrino runs a spread O, just not a hurry up.

We agree 1000%

+1

:roflol: :roflol:

We agree 1000%

I agree as well. I'm sick and tired of making everyone else's highlight reel.

I want a D too but it doesn't mean you dump what your built for on O I'm not saying hire someone that only cares about offense and defense bedamned.

:roflol: :roflol:

I want a Defense! How about that Nashville?!! lol. No homo!

here's something that we don't consider about rehiring CGM...Say he re-hires BVG. Who better to learn how to defend the spread from than the guy who has perfected the misdirection spread? A good resource.

Great point, bring BVG up to speed...LIGHT SPEED that is.

Alabama could have been running the HUNH and he would have said that. The goons are two huge bama homers. :homer:/>

It's been my experience that the only people that don't want Petrino to be the next Auburn coach are bama homers.

Don't worry, it's perfectly OK to be wrong. :big:

@ Gr8....what a dumbass thing to say....I got my degree on the wall, and come to mention it, I am not against Petrino either, but to think that any opinion against that is coming from a bammer is some ignorant bs. My lord the Auburn Family is performing worse than the team did.

I want a D too but it doesn't mean you dump what your built for on O I'm not saying hire someone that only cares about offense and defense bedamned.

I don't think many would be ok with "defense bedamned" but I wouldn't be that confident with Gus at the helm and expecting him to decide what defense he wants to have as HC. As a HC...he will have to not only have a vision for what we will run on O but he will be responsible for all aspects. His offense may can get by in the SEC but I wouldn't feel confident at all if he bought his DC from the Sun Belt! He would certainly need to keep BVG or get a big time DC but is that likely to happen is the question.

Should Malz be HC and BVG DC then I hope ball control be discussed completely. I liked A&M's plan of fast start, strike hard and pour on points in the 1st & 2nd qtrs. then go with strong ball control. BVG will need hands on coaching with his staff, basics, and above all aggressive.

More than anything an attitude of I'm pissed off now and no one is standing in my way towards a SEC ring plus a NC ring! Auburn has been stomped on for 2 years, Time For Payback Auburn Alum!

Wish I were coaching again!

WAR EAGLE ALL!

Bob

Gus could always bring back Tracy Rocker as DC if he didn't keep BVG.

For the hundredth time...why do so many people think Rocker, who has only ever been a d-line coach, think he could come in and be a DC??

Would be outstading, maybe Craig at FSU or other former players in coaching(high school too)

Should Malz be HC and BVG DC then I hope ball control be discussed completely. I liked A&M's plan of fast start, strike hard and pour on points in the 1st & 2nd qtrs. then go with strong ball control. BVG will need hands on coaching with his staff, basics, and above all aggressive.

More than anything an attitude of I'm pissed off now and no one is standing in my way towards a SEC ring plus a NC ring! Auburn has been stomped on for 2 years, Time For Payback Auburn Alum!

Wish I were coaching again!

WAR EAGLE ALL!

Bob

I agree, A&M had a good plan.

Petrino + KGreene&JWhittJr (CoDC) = I have no idea, but I read that idea on here, and it sounded intriguing then and sounds intriguing now.

Can and will are two different things. Futher proving that Gus is a big risk. Even with Patterson teams playing the spread they have had pretty good defenses during his tenure at TCU. I agree that someone like Rocker or BVG can make selling Gus a lot better...I'm just not that confident it will happen. We shall see though.

The old man is tired and didn't double check spelling error "outstanding".

As for Rocker's ability he's floated around a few schools learning their systems and approach. Once you make a jump to coordinator one first sits down to bounce it off head coaches, coordinators and retired coaches. You also research as much as one can learning everything possible including advanced degrees. Attend clinics and conferences as well. You know when you are ready to step up your game into a greater leadership role. He can communicate to players, outstanding player, former pro, proven leader and well respected. He has a lot more quallities than I viewed from this year's position coaching personnel.

Must go to bed, can't miss church tomorrow. Boy it's so refreshing to view quality comments rather than the garbage on al.com!!

Sleep well fellow Tigers!

Archived