Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

Here's the situation in a nutshell. There are 4 coaches that have taken two schools to bcs games. Four. One of them has fallen into Auburn's lap, almost like a gift from God. But you people, who are claiming to know more football than CBS broadcasters, think we should pass on him. For whom? A guy with less than a year's experience, that has averaged 5 losses a year without cam, who was a part of putting auburn in the mess we are in. And I haven't even discussed the fact that the majority of his career has been spent in high school. Nor have I discussed his complete lack of qb evaluation. I'm all for independent thought, just not when it's so ignorant.

But this obviously isn't the Auburn way...? I think some in the Auburn "family" want to be "just ok" in sports. People want a scout leader instead of a hard nosed football coach. Auburn fans on here say don't want to be like bammer, but dang, look what they're doing... 3 Natty's in 4 years. Heck, I would love for our program to be where bammers is! I want to get the best coach and compete for championships EVERY year!!! Not a gimicky coordinator!

Gr8, you and Weegs bring the best arguments. It's called being a competitor... A big-time coach will put us in the best position to COMPETE!

HA! First you want to hang your hat on Petrino and now GR8 and Weegs? HA!

When did I mention Petrino in my post...? I said we need a hard-nosed coach!

You didn't need to. You had GR8 and Weegs do it for you. See what happens when you let those two represent you!

Those two don't "represent" me... We just agree that we would be settling if we hire Malzahn. He isn't ready. What is his record without Cam? He's never developed talent. He's partly responsible for the situation our program is in... To many question marks around him put him in charge of our program. Just my OPINION though...

I'm not digging at you. I just trying to jab at Gr8 and Weegs. We've been in this debate for over a week now. However, you mistaken about asking "what is his record without Cam?". The real question should be, what is his record in spite of Chizik.

respect

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did everyone catch Gary Danielson's comment tonight? He said, "This is the offense that you run if you are an elite college football team". He wasn't talking about the spread.

Alabama could have been running the HUNH and he would have said that. The goons are two huge bama homers. :homer:/>

It's been my experience that the only people that don't want Petrino to be the next Auburn coach are bama homers.

Don't worry, it's perfectly OK to be wrong. :big:

Here's the situation in a nutshell. There are 4 coaches that have taken two schools to bcs games. Four. One of them has fallen into Auburn's lap, almost like a gift from God. But you people, who are claiming to know more football than CBS broadcasters, think we should pass on him. For whom? A guy with less than a year's experience, that has averaged 5 losses a year without cam, who was a part of putting auburn in the mess we are in. And I haven't even discussed the fact that the majority of his career has been spent in high school. Nor have I discussed his complete lack of qb evaluation. I'm all for independent thought, just not when it's so ignorant.

But this obviously isn't the Auburn way...? I think some in the Auburn "family" want to be "just ok" in sports. People want a scout leader instead of a hard nosed football coach. Auburn fans on here say don't want to be like bammer, but dang, look what they're doing... 3 Natty's in 4 years. Heck, I would love for our program to be where bammers is! I want to get the best coach and compete for championships EVERY year!!! Not a gimicky coordinator!

Gr8, you and Weegs bring the best arguments. It's called being a competitor... A big-time coach will put us in the best position to COMPETE!

You didn't need to. You had GR8 and Weegs do it for you. See what happens when you let those two represent you!

Those two don't "represent" me... We just agree that we would be settling if we hire Malzahn. He isn't ready. What is his record without Cam? He's never developed talent. He's partly responsible for the situation our program is in... To many question marks around him put him in charge of our program. Just my OPINION though...

His record without Cam? I don't understand how it can be put into that context when he wasn't the HC.

I guess nothing counts with Cam.

That's right. Any coaching record by any coach anywhere who wins games with great players doesn't count. All those games Shug won with Sullivan and Beasley? All those games Dye won with Bo? The games Tubs won with Campbell, Cadillac and Ronnie? None of them count. None of 'em. :big:

It counts IMO but some over count it. If fans/media judged and graded Chiz without Cam why shouldn't they do the same if Gus is a potential HC candidate? JS.

Take a look at the search committee to see who we might hire as the next head coach. Two played for Shug and two played for Dye. If any two coaches in Auburns history are more alike, I don't know who it could be.both were tough, demanding, disciplinarians that would accept nothing less than 100%. Whom, among all the candidates can or will fit this profile. If anyone you know has this type personality that is our man.

His record without Cam is still better than Chizik's record w/out Cam. Without a shadow of a doubt it's an improvement in terms of HC. Is it the best possible hire? Hell no.

+1

Take a look at the search committee to see who we might hire as the next head coach. Two played for Shug and two played for Dye. If any two coaches in Auburns history are more alike, I don't know who it could be.both were tough, demanding, disciplinarians that would accept nothing less than 100%. Whom, among all the candidates can or will fit this profile. If anyone you know has this type personality that is our man.

I like this logic! Hope that will be the case!

I agree. And this is why I think AU will get a really good coach. One whose players will be physically and mentally tough.

It counts IMO but some over count it. If fans/media judged and graded Chiz without Cam why shouldn't they do the same if Gus is a potential HC candidate? JS.

Are we assuming Gus had absolute control over the offense his final year?

Did everyone catch Gary Danielson's comment tonight? He said, "This is the offense that you run if you are an elite college football team". He wasn't talking about the spread.

Hard to argue that he is wrong. Like it or not...Bama has the hardware to prove it!

With that said , so do we. And Fla, Ok, Texas

I believe things would be different if Gus was the HC and not Chizik the overall things fall on Chizik , Gus could only do so much he did his part as OC.

Love how people throw in the BUT statement for Gus but no other candidates. Quite amusing.

I believe Gus could do well as HC, however he's probably 4th or 5th on my short list, which goes: Patterson, Fisher, Peterson, Fisher, Malzahn, and lastly Petrino.

Nice REALISTIC list! Hope our Admin's list is the similar!

Great list... Right order

Nah, he's got Fisher and Fisher reversed.

so i guess you are for hiring gary danielson....what a joke.

Yeah, I am now firmly for the spread. Just kidding. But, really, Verne, you and Gary have to get off the Bama bus.

Hard to argue that he is wrong. Like it or not...Bama has the hardware to prove it!

Recent hardware...and Bama's hardware just keeps going and going. People's hate for Bama blind common sense. I dislike it just like any other Auburn fan but face it as long as they have Nickey they are going to keep stock piling SEC & NC's until someone other the LSU can give them a run for their money. It's going to take more than a spread offense to contend with Bama each year. Everyone likes to think that is only way to beat them but that is not true. It's time for Auburn to go big or go home.

I'm not digging at you. I just trying to jab at Gr8 and Weegs. We've been in this debate for over a week now. However, you mistaken about asking "what is his record without Cam?". The real question should be, what is his record in spite of Chizik.

Yep.

Recent hardware...and Bama's hardware just keeps going and going. People's hate for Bama blind common sense. I dislike it just like any other Auburn fan but face it as long as they have Nickey they are going to keep stock piling SEC & NC's until someone other the LSU can give them a run for their money. It's going to take more than a spread offense to contend with Bama each year. Everyone likes to think that is only way to beat them but that is not true. It's time for Auburn to go big or go home.

Most teams can't recruit like bama does, for whatever reason. Again, bama's O does not win for them. If you want to copy something from bama, copy their D.

I agree with you to an extent, but I feel its more relative to having a strong D verses what kind of offense you have. You can have both, Oklahoma is a good example. As well as our 2010 team, and didn't really have a dominant D then.

I don't think the spread is the only way to beat Bama. I do think a fast tempo offense helps (whether it's spread or not). I would love the kind of D we had when Rocker was playing for us. Or Groves. Or Spikes. I am totally for it. Love the D. Just don't understand the hostility toward scoring lots of points. I'm not convinced that having a prolific O means a bad D. Just don't buy it.

Love how people throw in the BUT statement for Gus but no other candidates. Quite amusing.

What's even more amusing is that my statement didn't have a but in it and yours did.

Archived