Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there are any philosophy students out there, you should do your dissertation citing this thread as a cyber example of Plato's Allegory of The Cave. The similarities are mind boggling.

Where does Plato coach and has he beat Saban? ;D

If there are any philosophy students out there, you should do your dissertation citing this thread as a cyber example of Plato's Allegory of The Cave. The similarities are mind boggling.

He was in Athens, but really always wanted to be a Spartan. Come to think of it, the folks who want to copy Bama would really like him as the Auburn coach. Plato was really cerebral; but his understudy, Aristotle, was the real star at developing kids into real killers (see Alexander the Great).

Neither ever beat Saban, though.

;)

He was in Athens, but really always wanted to be a Spartan. Come to think of it, the folks who want to copy Bama would really like him as the Auburn coach. Plato was really cerebral; but his understudy, Aristotle, was the real star at developing kids into real killers (see Alexander the Great).

;)

LOL..Best post of the day.

Any post with world history is Aces in my book.Keeping with the bammer to philosopher analogy: We may truly end up copying bammer and Saban with the Smart hire,for Aristotle eventually became his teachers(Plato) biggest rival.

;)

lol :Sing:

;)

Can we get this Alexander guy?

I can understand having other coaches higher on your 'List.' (I do, after all.)

I'm just bemused by some of the bizarre arguments for why Malzahn shouldn't be hired.

I agree......how is Malzahn a "B" list coach? Coaching X's and O's is one thing that he obviously does well, and 18 to 22 year old men are 18 to 22 year old men wherever you go.......... he seems to have a huge upside and if he brings in a strong defensive mind...........I am thinking we can bring championships to Auburn. Regardless of who we bring in, they must have a vision, drive and usually something very unique. I love his aggressive nature...........before every first half we went full guns to score somehow......and we definitely made adjustments at each half and came out better in the second halves of games.

I also like Jimbo Fisher, but there is something about Malzahn that tells me we can win it all again and excite recruits.......just a gut feeling.

9gzqjr.jpg

;)

Can we get this Alexander guy?

I bet he would be great!

Like I said guys I was one of Gus biggest fans while he was here and one of the few telling people be careful what you wish for when they were saying they were glad to get back to "smashmouth football" as he was walking out the door. However, now is not the time to be bringing Gus back. This is probably the biggest HCing hire in my lifetime. Noway we should (and I say this with all due respect to Gus) be taking a B list guy and making him our #1 target.

+1

I think you offer guys like Stoops and Jeff Fisher....debate the pros and cons of Petrino and if all those strike out...go get Malzahn. He would WIN.

I think you offer guys like Stoops and Jeff Fisher....debate the pros and cons of Petrino and if all those strike out...go get Malzahn. He would WIN.

Thats like saying, we'll go get a shotgun and a rifle, and if that doesn't do it, we'll get us a tank.

Thats like saying, we'll go get a shotgun and a rifle, and if that doesn't do it, we'll get us a tank.

That analogy could be worse, but you'd really have to try.

That analogy could be worse, but you'd really have to try.

I would like a tank.

i was thinking a sling shot

We need someone to bring us from Chizik soft to SEC tough. I just do not think Gus is the man for this job. I like him and I do think we will do well somewhere and maybe at Auburn in the future but this is not the right time for Gus.

From what I saw yesterday the Guster was fired up. He wasn't taking crap from the officials. He'd run a tougher ship than Chizik.

That's what we have now. No thanks!

From what I saw yesterday the Guster was fired up. He wasn't taking crap from the officials. He'd run a tougher ship than Chizik.

yeah, he might give dyer another chance, toughness.

Not to belabor the point, but "spread" and "HUNH" are not the same thing.

people see shotgun and assume its all the same thing

we need an up and coming coach with a history of WINNING.

theres a reason most of the coaches on our list arent at their "destination" jobs and its because some of them just arent that good(Patterson, Fisher, Petrino even Smart)

Gus is fresh, new, and innovative

people would rather settle for a guy who will have us getting 8 wins every year but handled by our rivals and never competing for a championship, no thanks

Yep, we aren't going to beat the bammers by being a better version of the bammers. We are going to beat them by being different. We need a cutting edge coach who is a genius. We need Gus. Again, for the twenty-fifth time, Gus is the only coach who has proven he can win a NC at Auburn and it did it with Chizik in the way. Let him drive the bus without anyone looking over his shoulder and we will be back in Atlanta within 2 years. Look at the drop off when Gus left. Heck, this years team even arguably had more talent. Gus will out think and out work the miniature coach. If you don't want Gus, you just haven't thought this through.

Couldn't have said it better, although being back in atl in 2 years would still b very optimistic in my opinion.

NO...we had a cap gun...lol

yeah, he might give dyer another chance, toughness.

He gave Dyer a shot if redemption under him, after all he was going home...but the leash was short and soon as he screwed up, he was let go.

NO...we had a cap gun...lol

With all due respect, the MOST we had was a thumb and a forefinger and us making "pew pew pew" sounds with our mouths.

Archived