Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

Here's the situation in a nutshell. There are 4 coaches that have taken two schools to bcs games. Four. One of them has fallen into Auburn's lap, almost like a gift from God. But you people, who are claiming to know more football than CBS broadcasters, think we should pass on him. For whom? A guy with less than a year's experience, that has averaged 5 losses a year without cam, who was a part of putting auburn in the mess we are in. And I haven't even discussed the fact that the majority of his career has been spent in high school. Nor have I discussed his complete lack of qb evaluation. I'm all for independent thought, just not when it's so ignorant.

Please spare us your bias and insults. Go back over to the Petrino thread and pimp up, I mean pump up your guy. Gus has proven he can win a NC at Auburn. Your guy has proven he can win at Louisville. That's all, Louisville. As far as QB evaluation, are you serious, his guy was high school player of the year. Once again, you are so biased that you are trying to build a trend line on 1 observation. Can you graph that for us?

I had no idea what he was getting at. He was basically calling people stupid who did not take what garry danielson said with a grain of salt. I can't believe that was his point. Just stunned. :ucrazy:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People, Gus did not win the NC at Auburn. Cam Newton did. Gus just adapted his offense to make everything about Cam and then took the credit. It's all great and wonderful that Gus is lighting things up in the worst conference in the country, but I don't want him. Time for a new, fresh face.

Here's the situation in a nutshell. There are 4 coaches that have taken two schools to bcs games. Four. One of them has fallen into Auburn's lap, almost like a gift from God. But you people, who are claiming to know more football than CBS broadcasters, think we should pass on him. For whom? A guy with less than a year's experience, that has averaged 5 losses a year without cam, who was a part of putting auburn in the mess we are in. And I haven't even discussed the fact that the majority of his career has been spent in high school. Nor have I discussed his complete lack of qb evaluation. I'm all for independent thought, just not when it's so ignorant.

But this obviously isn't the Auburn way...? I think some in the Auburn "family" want to be "just ok" in sports. People want a scout leader instead of a hard nosed football coach. Auburn fans on here say don't want to be like bammer, but dang, look what they're doing... 3 Natty's in 4 years. Heck, I would love for our program to be where bammers is! I want to get the best coach and compete for championships EVERY year!!! Not a gimicky coordinator!

Gr8, you and Weegs bring the best arguments. It's called being a competitor... A big-time coach will put us in the best position to COMPETE!

There is at least one full thread devoted to Petrino. Is it that hard to keep yourself from denigrating every other coach simply becuase you have a different favorite?

We didn't win the National Championship with luck. We won it even though we had a head coach who was clueless. We won it in large part because of Gus. We'd be stupid not to bring Gus back.

I'm open minded though. Tell me again, when was the last championship Petrino won?

There is at least one full thread devoted to Petrino. Is it that hard to keep yourself from denigrating every other coach simply becuase you have a different favorite?

Apparently not if you want Petrino. I would actually have no problem if we hired BP. I just don't think he is the only candidate that needs to be considered. I am starting to think some of the BP crowd is in fact narrow minded. I still am shaking my head about how gr8t went around the world to get to his Petrino point. Just wow!

But this obviously isn't the Auburn way...? I think some in the Auburn "family" want to be "just ok" in sports. People want a scout leader instead of a hard nosed football coach. Auburn fans on here say don't want to be like bammer, but dang, look what they're doing... 3 Natty's in 4 years. Heck, I would love for our program to be where bammers is! I want to get the best coach and compete for championships EVERY year!!! Not a gimicky coordinator!

Gr8, you and Weegs bring the best arguments. It's called being a competitor... A big-time coach will put us in the best position to COMPETE!

HA! First you want to hang your hat on Petrino and now GR8 and Weegs? HA!

Malzahn did what a great coach does he game plans around what he has to work with there are alot of coaches who would have lost a couple of games with Cam. Would we have won it all in 2010 with our current OC?

Malzahn did what a great coach does he game plans around what he has to work with there are alot of coaches who would have lost a couple of games with Cam. Would we have won it all in 2010 with our current OC?

Yeah actually. We won because of Cam.

Apparently not if you want Petrino. I would actually have no problem if we hired BP. I just don't think he is the only candidate that needs to be considered. I am starting to think some of the BP crowd is in fact narrow minded. I still am shaking my head about how gr8t went around the world to get to his Petrino point. Just wow!

I know exactly how you feel. I actually have BP higher on my list than Malzahn (although I have Patterson #1). I have noticed that BP seems to attract fans that share a certain kindred spirit, however.

When did I mention Petrino in my post...? I said we need a hard-nosed coach!

Excellent point.

People, Gus did not win the NC at Auburn. Cam Newton did. Gus just adapted his offense to make everything about Cam and then took the credit. It's all great and wonderful that Gus is lighting things up in the worst conference in the country, but I don't want him. Time for a new, fresh face.

Wow..lol. I partially agree. He did adapt his offense around Cam. JMO but the NC was won with a very good OL, good Jr & Sr leadership with guys like Kodi Burns and Darvin Adams. Nick F was a big factor on D but Sr. Mike Blanc had some good games up front with Nick. It was a collective effort but when we needed a play the most...we all know who that guy was and the most amazing plays he made were those that were not called for him but plays were he had to make it happen on his own by either running or evading the D and throwing to a WR.

I certainly respect with Gus did. I just think we should aim higher for a better HC with no connections to Auburn. It is certainly time for something new and fresh rather than the same ol same ol.

You didn't need to. You had GR8 and Weegs do it for you. See what happens when you let those two represent you!

Yeah actually. We won because of Cam.

Uh no Chiz and Loeffler would have found a way to screw it up.

Wow..lol. I partially agree. He did adapt his offense around Cam. JMO but the NC was won with a very good OL, good Jr & Sr leadership with guys like Kodi Burns and Darvin Adams. Nick F was a big factor on D but Sr. Mike Blanc had some good games up front with Nick. It was a collective effort but when we needed a play the most...we all know who that guy was and the most amazing plays he made were those that were no called for him but plays were he had to make it happen on his own by either running or evading the D and throwing to a WR.

I certainly respect with Gus did. I just think we should aim higher for a better HC with no connections to Auburn. It is certainly time for something new and fresh rather than the same ol same ol.

I thought you wanted Petrino?

I know exactly how you feel. I actually have BP higher on my list than Malzahn (although I have Patterson #1). I have notices that BP seems to attract fans that share a certain kindred spirit, however.

Patterson would be a great ire IMO. I also like Petersen. My first choice would be David Shaw, but I don't see him leaving his alma mater. I think Gus would be a good choice. I also think Petrino is a great coach. There is more than one option, IMO, is my point. I still can't stop shaking my head about that tirade a certain poster went on, complete with name calling. WOW! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many assume that if you don't want Gus...that you must want BP. I've learned that one the hard way. :-\

Many assume that if you don't want Gus...that you must want BP. I've learned that one the hard way. :-\

So who do you want?

Wow..lol. I partially agree. He did adapt his offense around Cam. JMO but the NC was won with a very good OL, good Jr & Sr leadership with guys like Kodi Burns and Darvin Adams. Nick F was a big factor on D but Sr. Mike Blanc had some good games up front with Nick. It was a collective effort but when we needed a play the most...we all know who that guy was and the most amazing plays he made were those that were no called for him but plays were he had to make it happen on his own by either running or evading the D and throwing to a WR.

I thought you wanted Petrino?

No sir. I have Patterson, Peterson and Strong and throw in Jimbo, Franklin and a couple others before BP & Gus. But if it came down to BP or Gus I'd go with BP....but wouldn't be that happy with BP or Gus.

Did everyone catch Gary Danielson's comment tonight? He said, "This is the offense that you run if you are an elite college football team". He wasn't talking about the spread.

so i guess you are for hiring gary danielson....what a joke.

I would take either one of them, I have no problem with giving Petrino a 2nd chance.

You didn't need to. You had GR8 and Weegs do it for you. See what happens when you let those two represent you!

Those two don't "represent" me... We just agree that we would be settling if we hire Malzahn. He isn't ready. What is his record without Cam? He's never developed talent. He's partly responsible for the situation our program is in... To many question marks around him put him in charge of our program. Just my OPINION though...

Those two don't "represent" me... We just agree that we would be settling if we hire Malzahn. He isn't ready. What is his record without Cam? He's never developed talent. He's partly responsible for the situation our program is in... To many question marks around him put him in charge of our program. Just my OPINION though...

I'm not digging at you. I just trying to jab at Gr8 and Weegs. We've been in this debate for over a week now. However, you mistaken about asking "what is his record without Cam?". The real question should be, what is his record in spite of Chizik.

Archived