Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

From what I saw yesterday the Guster was fired up. He wasn't taking crap from the officials. He'd run a tougher ship than Chizik.

yeah, he might give dyer another chance, toughness.

He gave Dyer a shot if redemption under him, after all he was going home...but the leash was short and soon as he screwed up, he was let go.

This is absolutely true, but everyone who doesn't want Gus will completely ignore that this statement is made and pretend that it did not happen. It's sort of similar to trying to show a Bama fan that they only have like 8 legitimate national championships - it's simply a waste of time and effort.

*Disclaimer - Gus Malzahn is not my number 1 choice.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you offer guys like Stoops and Jeff Fisher....debate the pros and cons of Petrino and if all those strike out...go get Malzahn. He would WIN.

Thats like saying, we'll go get a shotgun and a rifle, and if that doesn't do it, we'll get us a tank.

i was thinking a sling shot

That's what we have now. No thanks!

NO...we had a cap gun...lol

With all due respect, the MOST we had was a thumb and a forefinger and us making "pew pew pew" sounds with our mouths.

:bow:

From what I saw yesterday the Guster was fired up. He wasn't taking crap from the officials. He'd run a tougher ship than Chizik.

He gave Dyer a shot if redemption under him, after a he was going home...but the leash was short and soon as he screwed up, he was let go.

This is absolutely true, but everyone who doesn't want Gus will completely ignore that this statement is made and pretend that it did not happen. It's sort of similar to trying to show a Bama fan that they only have like 8 legitimate national championships - it's simply a waste of time and effort.

i think it says that gus will take on any player that will make his team better and help further his career, i think we all agree that Gus is using Ark State as a stepping stone, but it has nothing to do with integrity, just opportunity..wink wink. of course dyer had only one more chance, but he was willing to give up a scholarship for a high risk that he knew had many issues, his wife made that clear. just don't think he will run a tough ship, that is all..of course what do i know!!!

Also remember Gus never had a qb in back to back years. Imagine what could be done with a system qb

People here assume Gus would be weak or docile with no rationale basis for that belief.

would be no different than those who are assuming he would run a tough ship i guess??!! nobody really knows. which is more of a concern to me.

People here assume Gus would be weak or docile with no rationale basis for that belief.

Im more concerned with his inexperience. Petrino has lead and won in the SEC

In what year did Petrino win the SEC? Don't believe he ever even won his division.

In what year did Petrino win the SEC? Don't believe he ever even won his division.

he clearly stated that Petrino won in the SEC, not won the SEC. Also I think the National Champion came from his division of the SEC every year tht he was there....

he clearly stated that Petrino won in the SEC, not won the SEC. Also I think the National Champion came from his division of the SEC every year tht he was there....

Thanks phan. Also, I'd like to point how quickly wins came for Petrino. This was at Louisville and Arkansas, not traditional powerhouses.

I think you offer guys like Stoops and Jeff Fisher....debate the pros and cons of Petrino and if all those strike out...go get Malzahn. He would WIN.

Thats like saying, we'll go get a shotgun and a rifle, and if that doesn't do it, we'll get us a tank.

i was thinking a sling shot

That's what we have now. No thanks!

NO...we had a cap gun...lol

With all due respect, the MOST we had was a thumb and a forefinger and us making "pew pew pew" sounds with our mouths.

:rollin:

What SEC championship has Petrino won?

What SEC championship has Petrino won?

Look up about 5 posts....

my bad, sorry.

would be no different than those who are assuming he would run a tough ship i guess??!! nobody really knows. which is more of a concern to me.

He ran a tight ship on the discipline he imposed on his players in terms of practicing his scheme. Gus is a structured guy.

And your assumption logic works in other ways...

1. Some assume Petrino can keep his pants zipped.

2. Some assume Patterson can win big in a major conference (he didn't this year)

3. Some assume Jimbo can stop choking and losing games he shouldn't

4. Some assume Jeff Fisher, who has had winning seasons only 1/3 of his career as an NFL head coach, would win more at Auburn.

Isn't this fun?

I know Gus knows almost the entire roster of players at Auburn and many of the prospects.

I know he has been very successful with his scheming and play calling

I know he is a workaholic

I know that Arkansas State in Year 1 under Gus didn't win the Sun Belt due merely to Hugh Frieze's one year tenure as Gus's Red Wolf predecessor

He gave Dyer a shot if redemption under him, after a he was going home...but the leash was short and soon as he screwed up, he was let go.

i think it says that gus will take on any player that will make his team better and help further his career, i think we all agree that Gus is using Ark State as a stepping stone, but it has nothing to do with integrity, just opportunity..wink wink. of course dyer had only one more chance, but he was willing to give up a scholarship for a high risk that he knew had many issues, his wife made that clear. just don't think he will run a tough ship, that is all..of course what do i know!!!

He had to prove himself by sitting out a year, going to class, getting his act together.....did not happen and Gus sent him packing....

What he said was "in the SEC" not win the SEC or reference to championships at all. Stop picking fights. I'm sure his comment was aimed at the fact Gus has won zero games in the SEC as a HC.

And I am concerned with BP and his past behavior...how would AU know Dorrell was the only one? What if something comes up after we hire him? Do you trust BP to tell you the truth?

X's and O's are more important to me than having an affair when it comes to a college football coach. Infidelity is very common in our society, unfortunate, but reality..could care less, i am sure most of the football team has cheated on a girlfriend as well, not to mention most of us. sick of the holier than...garbage. only a fool would trust anyone to tell them the truth

X's and O's are more important to me than having an affair when it comes to a college football coach. Infidelity is very common in our society, unfortunate, but reality..could care less, i am sure most of the football team has cheated on a girlfriend as well, not to mention most of us. sick of the holier than...garbage. only a fool would trust anyone to tell them the truth

Don't believe you ... even if you did say it on the internet. Bonjour! :big:

No other team in the SEC is even considering Petrino. Do you think Dr Gogue will, I think not. Make that any major college considering him.

No other team in the SEC is even considering Petrino. Do you think Dr Gogue will, I think not. Make that any major college considering him.

Interesting point. If he is too tainted for Kentucky, Tennessee, NC State, and the lower tier programs out there, why would we hire him?

Petrino is definitely not the person for AU, and he will never get the chance. AU leadership has far too much wisdom to put a person like him in here. At least I'm betting they do.

Archived