The word on the Search

ellitor

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to finals, I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. Could someone please summarize the important parts so I don't have to read 70 pages? TIA

Summary: We are just as clueless as you.

Also: Its been a great week of practice.

So what you're saying is, we've promoted Scot Loeffler to head coach?

Thanks to finals, I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. Could someone please summarize the important parts so I don't have to read 70 pages? TIA

Now that his name has been mentioned........it can't be him.

If Malzahn is hired, AU athletics will not see another penny from me until the AD is cleaned out.

Yea that goes for me and my family as well.sick of this s***. Go blazzers

I agree...if there is one coach out there I DO NOT want, it's Malzahn. He did great things at AU, and maybe they're going after the Chip Kelly style of playing football. However, as has been seen on multiple occasions, Chip Kelly football does not work against SEC competition...

Now that his name has been mentioned........it can't be him.

Very true. However, I would like to nominate Ted Roof...everyone can thank me later

I think Smart would be a much better hire than Malzahn.

Pretty, high flying offense is nice, but Auburn really needs defense and player discipline, which I have serious doubts about Gus's ability in those regards.

The rate were goin tubbs is coming back with chad morris at oc

I'd take Tubs back over most of the 'candidates' we seem to be going after.

Atleast we would beat 2 of the big 4 on a yearly basis lol

I agree...if there is one coach out there I DO NOT want, it's Malzahn. He did great things at AU, and maybe they're going after the Chip Kelly style of playing football. However, as has been seen on multiple occasions, Chip Kelly football does not work against SEC competition...

Not sure what you mean by this. One Gus does not run a " Chip Kelly" style of O. Two, his offenses are 3-2 versus the SEC. If you're against spread teams, well I don't know what to tell you. Look at how Hugh Freeze turned Ole Miss around. Look at how Mullen has MSU respectable. The spread isn't where the game is headed, it's where it's at. True I want a more proven HC, but if we're going to run the spread why not get one of the best minds at running it?

I bet we hire a coach NO ONE is mentioning like a hugh freeze or maybe jeff fisher has been the guy all along or a mora jr...bottom line is the committee is keeping it close to the chest and none of us know

Atleast we would beat 2 of the big 4 on a yearly basis lol

unbelieveable, but i agree with you guys ... tubbs for HC and as AD!!!

I think you might be channeling your inner Chiz. See a doctor fast.

Did Gus kick someone's dog? I can't comprehend the problem everyone has with him. He has won at every stop...regardless of and at times, in spite of the circumstances surrounding him. I admit that I question his ability to be a disciplinarian. However, he's done nothing to prove that he can't be one. I've read that he can't be because he was around Auburn when these problems started. What happened the last time you directly questioned your superior's tactics? If nothing else, we will be competitive and exciting to watch...something I haven't witnessed in two years.

I guess by Jacobs asking the players to pray that he doesn't lose his job worked. He did a lot of major suck up job up to the BOT and to JG to keep him and he's screwing up his 2nd hiring for a head football coach. Way to go JJ.

I can deal with it being Gus. My worry, as I've said elsewhere, involves the icky version of Christianity that came with the Chizik era and in which Gus (and Kristi) apparently participate. I don't mean to belittle their individual faith lives, but I don't need a Christian veneer for our football program that doesn't speak for me or for the University.

And I'm very much a committed Christian. It's not about that.

I can deal with it being Gus. My worry, as I've said elsewhere, involves the icky version of Christianity that came with the Chizik era and in which Gus (and Kristi) apparently participate. I don't mean to belittle their individual faith lives, but I don't need a Christian veneer for our football program that doesn't speak for me or for the University.

And I'm very much a committed Christian. It's not about that.

Logical argument.

Archived