Recruits we get, have and could get.

Scooter1978

I know that Ellitor you believe that the old coaching staff,did not do a good job of evaluating the recruits. For some odd reason we had two kids last year,Frost and Mcinnzy,that should have been playing. Player development is the key which i believe after we won NC we slacked off. Players like Tre Mason did not. Gaining 15 pounds of what looks like pure muscle. Give me a 3 star any day that will be the last one in the gym and the last one out,and i will pick him over a 5 star that may have already reached his potiental. For years i would say Turdville gets players,Auburn Tigers make players.

I know that Ellitor you believe that the old coaching staff,did not do a good job of evaluating the recruits. For some odd reason we had two kids last year,Frost and Mcinnzy,that should have been playing. Player development is the key which i believe after we won NC we slacked off. Players like Tre Mason did not. Gaining 15 pounds of what looks like pure muscle. Give me a 3 star any day that will be the last one in the gym and the last one out,and i will pick him over a 5 star that may have already reached his potiental. For years i would say Turdville gets players,Auburn Tigers make players.

I never said, thought, or implied this. For the most part the coaches did a great job in evalling talent. The problem was Chiz's micromanaging did not let that talent be developed.

I never said, thought, or implied this. For the most part the coaches did a great job in evalling talent. The problem was Chiz's micromanaging did not let that talent be developed.

I'm more than willing to vouch for E on this one; in fact, he's been one who has combated that notion when it came from others.

However, I still think the biggest problem was in their workouts, where Chizik cut the legs out from under Yoxercise. That goes back into the micromanaging, but it's just a little more refined as to where it hit hardest.

Did not help that our QB and RB recruiting was to fit a Malzahn offense not a pro style offense (QB recruiting also can be considered atrocious outside of Cam). Players I knew on the team all suggested to me that part of the problem with Loeffler was that he didn't have the pieces to put together for his offense. He needed a big powerful RB and an AJ McCannon type QB (can make the throws and manage a game doesn'thave to win it). They did not agree with his playcalling in the slightest however

Now my personal opinion is that we didn't recruit defense well in terms of back 7, especially if we did not allow Yox to work his magic. We consistently recruited undersized for LB and the bigger ones we moved to DE and did not recruit any safeties really. I personally don't like what we did but I guess an argument could be made for it

Did not help that our QB and RB recruiting was to fit a Malzahn offense not a pro style offense (QB recruiting also can be considered atrocious outside of Cam). Players I knew on the team all suggested to me that part of the problem with Loeffler was that he didn't have the pieces to put together for his offense. He needed a big powerful RB and an AJ McCannon type QB (can make the throws and manage a game doesn'thave to win it). They did not agree with his playcalling in the slightest however

Now my personal opinion is that we didn't recruit defense well in terms of back 7, especially if we did not allow Yox to work his magic. We consistently recruited undersized for LB and the bigger ones we moved to DE and did not recruit any safeties really. I personally don't like what we did but I guess an argument could be made for it

Jake Holland, Kris Frost, Cass McKinzy, Rah Rah White, and Chris Landrum all say "Hi"...

Jake Holland, Kris Frost, Cass McKinzy, Rah Rah White, and Chris Landrum all say "Hi"...

Please tell them I said "Hi" as well.

I thought he was referencing the Tuberville era when Yox was considered one of the best S&C coaches in the SEC. I took that as a reference to Travis Williams, Antarrious Williams, Derrick Graves, Merrill Johnson, Karibi Dede, Chris Evans, and the like at LB. Although I'm not sure I remember a high school LB shifting down to DE. Eddins, Langenfeld, Torbor, Groves, McClover, Gunn, Coleman... I thought all those guys were high school DEs. We did have a habit of shifting CBs (or even WRs) to Safety (Rosegreen, Robinson, Savage), but we definitely recruited Safeties (Will Herring, Eric Brock, Roshard Gilyard, etc.)

Please tell them I said "Hi" as well.

I was just going with players who were recruited and signed during Chizik's tenure as head coach. Not forgetting you (or DT), Karlos...;)

I thought he was referencing the Tuberville era when You was considered one of the best S&C coaches in the SEC. I took that as a reference to Travis Williams, Antarrious Williams, Derrick Graves, Merrill Johnson, Karibi Dede, Chris Evans, and the like at LB. Although I'm not sure I remember a high school LB shifting down to DE. Eddins, Langenfeld, Torbor, Groves, McClover, Gunn, Coleman... I thought all those guys were high school DEsk. We did have a habit of shifting CBs (or even WRs) to Safety (Rosegreen, Robinson, Savage), but we definitely recruited Safeties (Will Herring, Eric Brock, Roshard Gilyard, etc.)

The players knew how to tackle well in the Tubs era.

After Chizik's staff was put in place, Luper was on the radio talking about recruiting and trying to build up some excitement, as usual. He was asked what he thought about fanbases claming "recruiting national championships". Luper basically said that if "they" (the recruiting sites) keep track of it, then he wants to win it. After I heard that comment (which was so counter to what we'd been hearing from the Tubs camp that last 10 years) I worried that we would recruit with too much emphasis on stars and not enough emphasis on them being good fits, hard workers, etc.

Yes, just let AU sign a bunch of three star players and go 6 and 5 the next two years while that talent develops and see HOW LONG that sentiment lasts. The boo birds will be back out in force screaming for the coaches heads and demanding we hire someone who can RECRUIT (ironically, destroying our ability to recruit in the process).

This "Brilliant coaches, coach-em up, hard work alone wins" mentality will go the way of those boasting about our "4 year scholarships" and us not shedding players who can't compete to make room for those who might be able to.

Ellitor hope you got my apology. Thanks man. Now to the statement above we have talent on that team. Does anyone know why frost and Mcezzize,i know i messed up on spelling,did not play. Ford comeing back Lominer. When a defense knows how bad it is for offense to score it is a drainer. The white kid that everyone talked about in the all star game we should have already closed the door on him. Quetin Groves a three star and there are many more.

I smell a Bammer rat..we lost recruit #7 today...Somebody is telling these kids something.There is no use for us losing this many,and funny thing most of them is from Georgia.

I smell a Bammer rat..we lost recruit #7 today...Somebody is telling these kids something.There is no use for us losing this many,and funny thing most of them is from Georgia.

No Bammer rat involved in this. Of the 7 decommits the new staff has not recruited 4 of them. This staff has a different plan. They are recruiting Jarrad Davis and Trey Johnson hard but getting them back is very unlikely. Auburn does have a solid chance of getting Reuben back though.

Ellitor I man up and apologize for putting something on there you did not say. Forgive this old Auburn Alum.Also sorry to the board for miss quoting Ellitor

No worries. It was an honest mistake.

Most of our recruits we have lost are actually us parting with them. As a team it is even worse PR to just pull scholarship offers. Makes our coaches look like a bunch of jerks so they let recruits find other schools and flip.

Most of our recruits we have lost are actually us parting with them. As a team it is even worse PR to just pull scholarship offers. Makes our coaches look like a bunch of jerks so they let recruits find other schools and flip.

There you go making sense again, PJM. You must be wrong. Sky is falling. I read it on the internet.

There you go making sense again, PJM. You must be wrong. Sky is falling. I read it on the internet.

2 days ;D

Archived