What was the cause of resentment towards David Gibbs in 2005?

DyeHardAllTheWay

Just saw where he got hired as Houston's DC. I'm curious why we hated him so much in his lone year here. We were top 5 in the country in scoring defense and led the SEC in sacks at a time in which we had few experienced players and were coming off a year where many left for the NFL.

The Wisconsin debacle. The Badgers ate Auburn's lunch and rather stay after the game and answer questions , he dodged the press by sneaking out the back door like a weasel. The next week he was gone back to the NFL.

I don't know about y'all but I was unimpressed after we started giving up so many loooooong passing plays that year. To me, I thought he would get canned long at the end of the season long before Wisky ran the ball all down our throats.

My understanding is that it was as much a personality thing as a performance one. Probably even more. He didn't mesh that well with the rest of the staff or the kids he was coaching. Lots of conflict behind the scenes.

My understanding is that it was as much a personality thing as a performance one. Probably even more. He didn't mesh that well with the rest of the staff or the kids he was coaching. Lots of conflict behind the scenes.

This was it. My family's house on Lake Martin is very close to Sedric McIntyre's and we use to see a lot of the football players during the summer and several told me the summer after Gibbs was hired that Gibbs was crazy and not in a good way.

wde

The Wisconsin debacle. The Badgers ate Auburn's lunch and rather stay after the game and answer questions , he dodged the press by sneaking out the back door like a weasel. The next week he was gone back to the NFL.

Boy, remember when 14 points was considered a blowout? :(

Having said that, I do remember our defense giving up long passes in '05. However, he was the DC when we sacked Brodie 11 times. :hellyeah: Couldn't have been too bad.

Archived