2014 4* CB Stephen Roberts has FLIPPED FROM BAMA TO AUBURN!!!!

ellitor

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw his picture in the free gallery from the AU-Wazzu game. I think he was standing with Tre, if I remember correctly. Not having heard much on him for a while, is there anymore conjecture as to whether he may flip from UAT?

Roberts gave an interview yesterday saying, "he didn't really want to be at the game" and "he had nothing better to do Saturday night"...

I'm calling bs, but bammer feels good about him sticking. On the other hand, some of our insiders feel good about a flip...

Who knows?

If he didn't want to be there he would not have gone...no one forced him. He said the "right" thing so as to minimize the bother from UAT. Not saying he flips but sure hope he does.

I saw his picture in the free gallery from the AU-Wazzu game. I think he was standing with Tre, if I remember correctly. Not having heard much on him for a while, is there anymore conjecture as to whether he may flip from UAT?

Roberts gave an interview yesterday saying, "he didn't really want to be at the game" and "he had nothing better to do Saturday night"...

I'm calling bs, but bammer feels good about him sticking. On the other hand, some of our insiders feel good about a flip...

Who knows?

If he didn't want to be there he would not have gone...no one forced him. He said the "right" thing so as to minimize the bother from UAT. Not saying he flips but sure hope he does.

Just keeping the bammers at bay. He was having a great time from what little I saw of him Sat. night. Just sayin'...

I believe I covered this in the Wazzu visitors thread. He may or may not flip but he is definitely in play for a flip. Since say he would not take anymore visits a couple months ago he has taken 3 to Auburn. Chew on that FWIW.

Saw somewhere on twitter where SDH was claiming he was not in AU last weekend.

This was discussed in the Wazzu visitor thread. There are too many people claim to see him so it is likely he was there.

He sure has "not visited" AU a bunch lately. I don't put anything recruiting related past CDC. If we show out this year and he sees early PT, we have a shot.

Yup.. And next year after a 6-7-8 win season you will notice a difference in interest from all kinds of recruits. Not to mention this staff is at a disadvantage at the moment due being a new staff. See all the 2015 and some '16 recruits also that AU is connecting with.

Like wildfire folks.

Looking back a couple of years, according to this site and others 2013 was the year we were supposed to contend for another national championship. Now we're talking about 6 or 7 wins being "good"? I think anything less than nine will be disappointing. Also, I don't feel like waiting for 2015 to have a great recruiting class. There should be one this year.

Looking back a couple of years, according to this site and others 2013 was the year we were supposed to contend for another national championship. Now we're talking about 6 or 7 wins being "good"? I think anything less than nine will be disappointing. Also, I don't feel like waiting for 2015 to have a great recruiting class. There should be one this year.

AU will finish in the top 10 IMO. Look for the D recruiting to pick up in a couple of months. Just be patient.

I agree. But looking back a couple of years nobody saw the disaster and complete fall apart of the 2012 season coming. I think that probably set us back at least a year, mentally if nothing else. It will take a while to recover from that. My threshold is 8 wins this year. Anything over that is gravy. One win under that, I will be disappointed but will take it. Less than that will be an underachievement IMO.

AU will finish in the top 10 IMO. Look for the D recruiting to pick up in a couple of months. Just be patient.

I totally agree, and don't look for any major moves until after the season ends. That's when CRG and CDC will do good work. Right now, they've got their hands full with two under-achieving elements of our football team; DL and WRs.

After the crap season Chiz orchestrated last year 7 or 8 wins will be good improvement. 9 would be very impressive. As for recruiting, Where it counts most is in terms of quality of recruit Auburn is 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 11th. That's pretty good so far.

After the crap season Chiz orchestrated last year 7 or 8 wins will be good improvement. 9 would be very impressive. As for recruiting, Where it counts most is in terms of quality of recruit Auburn is 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 11th. That's pretty good so far.

Quote:"7 or 8 wins will be good improvement." That would be improvement over 3 wins, yes. But the players are on campus to do much better. I remember a dis-spirited team with a distracted coaching staff finishing 5-5-1 in 1992. New coach, virtually the same players in 1993 and the result was 11-0. Granted the '93 team had an experienced QB, so I'm saying that will cost us a couple of games. With the talent on hand, we should win 9 or more. It can be done, look no farther back than 1993.

Quote: "As for recruiting, Where it counts most is in terms of quality of recruit Auburn is 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 11th. That's pretty good so far."

It wasn't I who talked about "wait for 2015 to see great recruiting". I'm the guy that said we should have it right now. According to what you're saying here we're headed in that direction. GREAT!

Quote:"7 or 8 wins will be good improvement." That would be improvement over 3 wins, yes. But the players are on campus to do much better. I remember a dis-spirited team with a distracted coaching staff finishing 5-5-1 in 1992. New coach, virtually the same players in 1993 and the result was 11-0. Granted the '93 team had an experienced QB, so I'm saying that will cost us a couple of games. With the talent on hand, we should win 9 or more. It can be done, look no farther back than 1993.

Quote: "As for recruiting, Where it counts most is in terms of quality of recruit Auburn is 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 11th. That's pretty good so far."

It wasn't I who talked about "wait for 2015 to see great recruiting". I'm the guy that said we should have it right now. According to what you're saying here we're headed in that direction. GREAT!

Yes it can be done but it should not be expected. It does not happen all the time. While I say that I do feel even at 7 or 8 wins this year we go 11-1 in 2014 so LOL on me.

My recruiting statement was not at you. It was a genral point to that part of the overall discussion.

Not to steer the conversation back to Roberts, but I have a question for E or anyone else that has a wider base of recruiting knowledge/information.

I have a pretty good feel for how many bodies you want at a particular position so I'm assuming we'd very much like to have two CBs in this class. Including Ruffin (since I'm under the impression he's being recruited as a CB), that would give us the following: Mincy, Jones, Melton, TJ Davis, Ruffin, new guy X, with the option of including Ford and/or Holsey if the players at Safety improve. Six or seven is about right.

I assume Roberts is our top target for the second CB slot. If he doesn't flip, any idea who the staff is targeting?

Archived