2014 4* CB Stephen Roberts has FLIPPED FROM BAMA TO AUBURN!!!!

ellitor

Yeah Opelika is a strange place. Suprisingly anti-AU despite being so close. Not a bad town, but not as good as AU and they know that, which I think is the reason for the disdain.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Opelika is a strange place. Suprisingly anti-AU despite being so close. Not a bad town, but not as good as AU and they know that, which I think is the reason for the disdain.

Has to do more with the haves and have nots. Most of the haves like Auburn. Over the years the have nots have evolved yo pulling for Bama because of their disdain for the haves in the area.

Has to do more with the haves and have nots. Most of the haves like Auburn. Over the years the have nots have evolved yo pulling for Bama because of their disdain for the haves in the area.

Sadly this is the attitude that has brought us our current POTUS. :ucrazy:

wrong forum

wrong forum

I knew better, just couldn't stop myself. Apologies.

wrong forum

I knew better, just couldn't stop myself.

The story of your life.

wrong forum

I knew better, just couldn't stop myself.

The story of your life.

Not so much, I didn't get this far in life by lacking in self-control. I have seen the results of what happens to folks that lie, cheat and steal. They end up in politics or coaching at bammer!!

wrong forum

I knew better, just couldn't stop myself. Apologies.

Lord there is sooooo much I could say but being a family site.

Do your worst, I can take it. I live with two females (Wife + Daughter), work in a family business and have lived in GA as an AU fan my entire life. I've been called every name in the book, twice.

Why has verbally abusing the poor become so popular?

Because it's illegal to physically abuse them.

I agree with E completely on this. It didn't just start recently you know. Here is my take on it FWIW. Alabama has historically been, as a whole, on the low end of the scale. Socioeconomicly, educationally and some would even say culturally. Alabama as a state is poorer than many other states, however, it has gotten much better in the last 50 years or so. It is also still a very rural state, which usually coincides with poorer communities. UofA has in the past always been the major university and athletic power in this state. There is no arguing that. Again it has changed greatly in the past 30 years, but the past shape the future. When UofA was winning all of those championships in the 60's and 70's there were so many people who became fans. People always want to be a part of something great. They were great. When life is hard, people want to identify with something good, popular and successful. You can't blame them for that. We all do that. It's human nature. So considering that fact, there is no doubting why there are so many "have not's" as well as "have's" who are Alabama fans. Believe me Auburn has picked up many, many supporters in recent history for this same reason. Flame me if you like. Call me an elitist. It's ok. I have never been a person who people would call conceited or entitled. I just one day sat down an really thought about it.

I agree with E completely on this. It didn't just start recently you know. Here is my take on it FWIW. Alabama has historically been, as a whole, on the low end of the scale. Socioeconomicly, educationally and some would even say culturally. Alabama as a state is poorer than many other states, however, it has gotten much better in the last 50 years or so. It is also still a very rural state, which usually coincides with poorer communities. UofA has in the past always been the major university and athletic power in this state. There is no arguing that. Again it has changed greatly in the past 30 years, but the past shape the future. When UofA was winning all of those championships in the 60's and 70's there were so many people who became fans. People always want to be a part of something great. They were great. When life is hard, people want to identify with something good, popular and successful. You can't blame them for that. We all do that. It's human nature. So considering that fact, there is no doubting why there are so many "have not's" as well as "have's" who are Alabama fans. Believe me Auburn has picked up many, many supporters in recent history for this same reason. Flame me if you like. Call me an elitist. It's ok. I have never been a person who people would call conceited or entitled. I just one day sat down an really thought about it.

Well said.

Well said.

Thank you. My wife, who is a UA alum and comes from a coal mining rural family completely full of Bama fans, agrees with me too. Her family is wonderful. Great hard working blue collar red blooded Americans. I love them so. They never asked anyone for anything and have worked hard all their lives for what they have. They are just made that way and I am glad for it. Even if they are Bama fans. They instilled great work ethic and family loyalty in her. And she is obviously highly intelligent...she aske for my hand in marriage!! War Eagle to that boys!!!

Well said.

Thank you. My wife, who is a UA alum and comes from a coal mining rural family completely full of Bama fans, agrees with me too. Her family is wonderful. Great hard working blue collar red blooded Americans. I love them so. They never asked anyone for anything and have worked hard all their lives for what they have. They are just made that way and I am glad for it. Even if they are Bama fans. They instilled great work ethic and family loyalty in her. And she is obviously highly intelligent...she aske for my hand in marriage!! War Eagle to that boys!!!

Now that's pimpin,! Pimpin!!!!

Well said.

Now that's pimpin,! Pimpin!!!!

Word!

My wife's family all grew up as cotton mill workers in Opelika. Every one of them bleeds Auburn Orange and Blue to the very last drop. Even among distant cousins I've never seen anybody except an Auburn fan. Opelika isn't all UAT, and it certainly isn't that the "have nots" are all UAT fans. Unless, that is, growing up in the Pepperell Mill Village puts one into the "have" department. :)

Sorry but isn't this Steven Roberts thread? Not trying to be a hard xxxx but, every time I sign back on to the recruiting thread, I have new notes on Roberts, so I read through them and guess what....there is nothing here on Roberts. Now being honest, I am a bit tired of opening the Roberts thread considering he is a BAMA commit. I am only hoping to read about a decommit.

Sorry but isn't this Steven Roberts thread? Not trying to be a hard xxxx but, every time I sign back on to the recruiting thread, I have new notes on Roberts, so I read through them and guess what....there is nothing here on Roberts. Now being honest, I am a bit tired of opening the Roberts thread considering he is a BAMA commit. I am only hoping to read about a decommit.

Unfortunately, this practice is very common place on this message board.

What's up with all the Opelika hate! ^-^ This is a great city and much more family orientated than Auburn. Yes it's blue collar but there are plenty of "haves" here that are die hard bammers. A few years ago, the OHS had many kids get full rides to bama. Many of those kids were black. They are the state school so they have a more inclusive mindset when it comes to enrollment. AU is more exclusive in many ways. That also contributes to the abundance of bama fans especially in Opelika. i'd also guess that the split is more 60-40 bama than AU but that is an unofficial poll.

As far as SR goes I think we have a chance to flip him. Once we got our TE Mitchell I thought we had a chance to change some minds of top recruits from this area. His dad is well respected in this community and could become a valuable asset in getting recruits for the next few years. I think it could all start with Roberts who I desperately want at AU.

Archived