2014 4* CB Stephen Roberts has FLIPPED FROM BAMA TO AUBURN!!!!

ellitor

Not to steer the conversation back to Roberts, but I have a question for E or anyone else that has a wider base of recruiting knowledge/information.

I have a pretty good feel for how many bodies you want at a particular position so I'm assuming we'd very much like to have two CBs in this class. Including Ruffin (since I'm under the impression he's being recruited as a CB), that would give us the following: Mincy, Jones, Melton, TJ Davis, Ruffin, new guy X, with the option of including Ford and/or Holsey if the players at Safety improve. Six or seven is about right.

I assume Roberts is our top target for the second CB slot. If he doesn't flip, any idea who the staff is targeting?

Great ? The staff has been in contact with other CBs but nobody they have pursued hard as of yet or really targeting for that matter. The staff feels pretty good that we can flip Roberts.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one will be a little bit shocked if we don't. I mean every instance I can think of in recent years where a player spent much time, let alone three or four weeks in a row, at one school while commited to another doesnt bode well for his current commitment. In other words...he flippin'...(IMO anyway)

AU will definitely finish within the top ten in recruiting. our defensive coaches are having to coach up current players at this time. Roberts is very very interested in AU that is all I will say about that also.

AU will definitely finish within the top ten in recruiting. our defensive coaches are having to coach up current players at this time. Roberts is very very interested in AU that is all I will say about that also.

:cool:

I for one will be a little bit shocked if we don't. I mean every instance I can think of in recent years where a player spent much time, let alone three or four weeks in a row, at one school while commited to another doesnt bode well for his current commitment. In other words...he flippin'...(IMO anyway)

Corey Grant did this exact same thing and still signed with UAT. Yes, he's at AU now but he took a long, twisting road to get here.

Corey Grant did this exact same thing and still signed with UAT. Yes, he's at AU now but he took a long, twisting road to get here.

Then, there was that sandwich guy who spent a lot of time at AU.

And just think of the credibility Grant has with Roberts to persuade him to the Plains.

And just think of the credibility Grant has with Roberts to persuade him to the Plains.

Nice!

I agree that he will likely flip, just a matter of when. If he was a high priority for Saban I don't think that would occur. But right now I don't think he is getting the love from the Bammer recruiters that he wants and probably deserves. AU is recruiting him much harder. I would guess the flip will happen about time Humphrey commits to Tide.

I agree that he will likely flip, just a matter of when. If he was a high priority for Saban I don't think that would occur. But right now I don't think he is getting the love from the Bammer recruiters that he wants and probably deserves. AU is recruiting him much harder. I would guess the flip will happen about time Humphrey commits to Tide.

Humphrey is not the x factor. Bama getting another CB with Humphrey is.

We have already talked about the NCAA implications at UA for Clark. What about Roberts and his commitment? As much time as he has been spending at AU, one can only wonder how this might effect his recruitment.

We have already talked about the NCAA implications at UA for Clark. What about Roberts and his commitment? As much time as he has been spending at AU, one can only wonder how this might effect his recruitment.

No effect. If we get him we flat out beat the straight up.

ICYMI: #Rivals250 CB Stephen Roberts visited #Auburn again, says his commitment to #Bama is "90 percent"

@JHokanson

There have not been many bama commits make a public statement like that. If he is willing to indicate less than 100%, he "might" even be less than 90%.

ICYMI: #Rivals250 CB Stephen Roberts visited #Auburn again, says his commitment to #Bama is "90 percent"

@JHokanson

There have not been many bama commits make a public statement like that. If he is willing to indicate less than 100%, he "might" even be less than 90%.

90% is the new 50/50.

@JHokanson

If he goes to all the Bama home games like he says this will go down to the wire. There are 2 potentially telling weeks where both teams are at home.

In week 6 we host Ole Miss While Bama hosts Ga. State. If he goes to Bama that would seem to say where his mind is if he goes to that crap game. On the other hand I don't think it would mean much if he goes to the better match up in Auburn instead. Similarly in week 9 we have the crap game versus FAU. If Roberts comes to that game instead of Bama/Tennessee then that would be very telling IMO.

@JHokanson

90% is the new 50/50.

BLASPHEMY!

@JHokanson

90% is the new 50/50.

BLASPHEMY!

Sorry BB, let me clarify. We expect 50% commitment 100% of the time that a recruit says 90%, dependent upon them being truthful 60% of the time, with our sources being accurate 42%, and with the relative humidity greater than or equal to 80% . I'll let someone else do the math.

Archived