2014 4* WR Travis Rudolph (FSU signee)

ellitor

we are in the mix....probably a longshot, but making a push for him

Not a longshot now. Neck and neck with FSU now per his coach.

Would be very shocked if he doesn't pick FSU.

This is to bad. I would like to have him. He and Shaun White would have made a nice throw and catch combo.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is to bad. I would like to have him. He and Shaun White would have made a nice throw and catch combo.

Shaun needs to put together a clip reel of every on the money pass his receivers dropped, this year, and send it to all of the top reciever recruits to show them how much he needs them to come to Auburn with him.

Not me jmo

• 2 weeks later...

I see two folks (Chrisitian Miller & D. Warren) now have Rudolph heading to uat. Guess he had a good visit. This brings up question for the board, what is your opinion on players making predictions?

I see two folks (Chrisitian Miller & D. Warren) now have Rudolph heading to uat. Guess he had a good visit. This brings up question for the board, what is your opinion on players making predictions?

Players don't even keep their own commitments after they are made, how can they predict any other player's landing spot?

Is this still true "E"? or have things changed? None of "247" experts pick AU.

One of those two crystal ball predictions is a gump commit. My opinion is that 247 made a huge mistake allowing just about anyone to post a prediction. I think the credibility of the concept has been lessened.

Players don't even keep their own commitments after they are made, how can they predict any other player's landing spot?

Actually, if you take the overall percentages, it is usually right up to the time that they verbally commit.

One of those two crystal ball predictions is a gump commit. My opinion is that 247 made a huge mistake allowing just about anyone to post a prediction. I think the credibility of the concept has been lessened.

Great post, pops. Makes sense, and I agree.

Great post, pops. Makes sense, and I agree.

Only about 10% of the Crystal Ball predictors have any credibility. The rest just copy someone else or are guessing based on little actual info. It isn't anything I ever even look at.

To autan: Don't know on Rudolph yet. Have not looked into his post Bama visit. Having to use an office computer on limited time to look up recruiting is going to put me behind sometimes now.

On the player's crystal ball discussion. It's a good tool if the player's are not trolling w/ their picks.They get close through camps and events and many times know more about where each other stands than recruiting reporters. I would not be surprised if player predictions are not more accurate the reporter picks next year when player crystal ball is in full force.

On the player's crystal ball discussion. It's a good tool if the player's are not trolling w/ their picks.They get close through camps and events and many times know more about where each other stands than recruiting reporters. I would not be surprised if player predictions are not more accurate the reporter picks next year when player crystal ball is in full force.

Only problem with that logic, ellitor, is that these kids get caught up in the emotion of the moment. That's what happened with Rudolph this weekend; he was in the Mecca of college football, in the middle of all the "bling", and got caught up in the moment. My uneducated guess is he'll never end up at uat after the dust settles. I would bet we could have gotten 4 or 5 verbals on Pat Dye field after the IB: Evans, Lambert, etc,. I just think 247 has made a big mistake with a feature that could have meant something, but I'm like Dixie, I don't give it any notice at all now.

Point taken Pops but remember these kids get each other's #s, text, talk, and tweet each other all the time now. Not just when they are on trips or coming off high of trips. In theory they should have access to the best, truest info.

Point taken Pops but remember these kids get each other's #s, text, talk, and tweet each other all the time now. Not just when they are on trips or coming off high of trips. In theory they should have access to the best, truest info.

By the same token, do you think they could realize their peers will be rating and give them false info or just not divulge what they used to? I wonder if it won't hurt our committed recruits capabilities of recruiting for us throughout the year.

By the same token, do you think they could realize their peers will be rating and give them false info or just not divulge what they used to? I wonder if it won't hurt our committed recruits capabilities of recruiting for us throughout the year.

that's a dangerous road to start down....

that's a dangerous road to start down....

Couldn't agree more, but I kinda am thinking that having them judge is a dangerous road as well. Unless I'm misunderstanding what they're doing with this Crystal ball thing entirely.

I agree with pops

To Charleston: It's not judging. It's just making a opinionated pick . Time will tell but I don't see the recruit crystal ball having a negative affect on Auburn recruiting

To Charleston: It's not judging. It's just making a opinionated pick . Time will tell but I don't see the recruit crystal ball having a negative affect on Auburn recruiting

Good to know - thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived