2014 4* WR Travis Rudolph (FSU signee)

ellitor

RIP, GA Coaches... :wareagle:

Even thou your post is off topic, it was one the funniest post all weekend. Can we get LSUfreak to do the sniper video with them on it?

I thought he was referring to the new sig I put up.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even thou your post is off topic, it was one the funniest post all weekend. Can we get LSUfreak to do the sniper video with them on it?

Indeed. Priceless! >:D

To be fair, his link is a LOT funnier than just your gif.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the extra strong push for TR might have something to do with the uncertainty of DQ. Would hate to miss out on DQ but if we could land Travis that would ease the sting greatly.

As always my friends, War Eagle!

I would take Rudolph as a replacement for DQ any way. DQ I think may be more trouble than he is worth at this point.

So a kid who is most likely one and done, who wants to make the correct decision on his future and people on this board are saying he isn't worth the trouble and will be a problem? Glad most of you are not in the coaching and recruiting business. DQ is worth the trouble and this is like most of the kids we are recruiting. Part of the business. 17 to 18 year old kids change their mind all the time.

So a kid who is most likely one and done, who wants to make the correct decision on his future and people on this board are saying he isn't worth the trouble and will be a problem? Glad most of you are not in the coaching and recruiting business. DQ is worth the trouble and this is like most of the kids we are recruiting. Part of the business. 17 to 18 year old kids change their mind all the time.

Amen. College football recruiting exposes lack of perspective more than anything else I can think of.

Some people are completely missing the boat some of us are having with him. It has nothing to do with him changing his mind. Kids do that all the time. It's the Moss/ TO attitude potential he has shown in his interviews recently that are very off putting. I don't like the idea of what it appears he is doing. He is coming across like he will hold his commitment hostage and force or staff to throw in the biggest game of the season to appease him instead of to win the game. I know it will probably be tough to run on Bama but if for whatever reason we are succesful running the ball we should keep running the ball like we have all year because that is what the 2013 Auburn offense does best. If he does not understand that then Auburn may not be the best place for him for all parties concerned.

Some people are completely missing the boat some of us are having with him. It has nothing to do with him changing his mind. Kids do that all the time. It's the Moss/ TO attitude potential he has shown in his interviews recently that are very off putting. I don't like the idea of what it appears he is doing. He is coming across like he will hold his commitment hostage and force or staff to throw in the biggest game of the season to appease him instead of to win the game. I know it will probably be tough to run on Bama but if for whatever reason we are succesful running the ball we should keep running the ball like we have all year because that is what the 2013 Auburn offense does best. If he does not understand that then Auburn may not be the best place for him for all parties concerned.

I've been told he is not holding his commitment hostage like this is being played out. He just wants to make the best decision for him and his family. DC and AU are alright with this and so should we. AU fans getting mad at a kid for wanting to make the right decision for his future is where I have the problem. Kid is a competitor and is emotional but he is no TO from what I'm told.

I've been told he is not holding his commitment hostage like this is being played out. He just wants to make the best decision for him and his family. DC and AU are alright with this and so should we. AU fans getting mad at a kid for wanting to make the right decision for his future is where I have the problem. Kid is a competitor and is emotional but he is no TO from what I'm told.

That's exactly the same take I'm getting.

We need this kid bad. He will push the other receivers hard. I think he sticks with AU in the end.

Cool. You 2 know more than I. I retract my statements then on this and the DQ thread.

I would take Rudolph over DQ for a lot of reaons if it was a choice. I just like the way TR does business. He hasn't committed yet. I believe Rudolph will make his mind up first and then commit. Too many of these guys commit and then start making up their minds. Just seems backwards to me. Show some respect for the institutions that are offering you a free education. That being said I will support our staff 100% whatever they decide. They are privy to a lot more information than any of us. They will sign the 25+/- athletes who give AU the best chance to win championships the right way.

I would love it if we landed both DQ and TR. It has probably already been discused before but who is our biggest competition for TR's signature, and what do we feel our chances are at this point? E, WDE,AUpops and others appreciate all your efforts!

I would love it if we landed both DQ and TR. It has probably already been discused before but who is our biggest competition

for TR's signature, and what do we feel our

chances are at this point? E, WDE,AUpops

and others appreciate all your efforts!

FSU if I'm not mistaken

I would love it if we landed both DQ and TR. It has probably already been discused before but who is our biggest competition

for TR's signature, and what do we feel our

chances are at this point? E, WDE,AUpops

and others appreciate all your efforts!

FSU if I'm not mistaken

But we appear to be closing the gap.

I just want to add one thing about DQ as it relates to TR as well. The way he attacks the ball is something that our entire WR corps could learn from, TR included. We have enough leaders on the team and the staff is capable of redirecting attitudes. This was done with many current playrs as well. I trust this staff enough at this point. I felt different before. IYAM, we are even with FSU and Sean White is the ace in the hole.

we are in the mix....probably a longshot, but making a push for him

Not a longshot now. Neck and neck with FSU now per his coach.

Archived