NCAA Tournament

AUBourne

It is the only thing besides AU that really gives me that little adrenalin rush right before it starts. It is also the only sporting event that I skip work for. I am excited about the first game (2nd round, /cough cough) Valpo and Mich St even though I know how it should turn out. There is always that chance there could be an upset or classic game.

I am pulling for Florida because I like how they built their program and I like their coach. Could care less about Ole Miss or Mizzou.

It is the only thing besides AU that really gives me that little adrenalin rush right before it starts. It is also the only sporting event that I skip work for. I am excited about the first game (2nd round, /cough cough) Valpo and Mich St even though I know how it should turn out. There is always that chance there could be an upset or classic game.

I am pulling for Florida because I like how they built their program and I like their coach. Could care less about Ole Miss or Mizzou.

Was just checking today's TV schedule and boy it's not much to get excited about. I know there will be some surprises but I could not find a game where the outcome one way or the other makes any difference to me. Guess I will pull for the Lobos though. Tomorrow looks better.

Neither team will go far but the Bucknell and Butler game is good basketball. Unselfish teams with high basketball IQ. Seeing those 3rd and 4th passes after penetration is fun.

I'm also really looking forward to St Mary's and Memphis. Two completely different approaches to basketball. I also think Belmont vs Arizona could be entertaining but really any game, with a few exceptions, could turn into a classic.

Neither team will go far but the Bucknell and Butler game is good basketball. Unselfish teams with high basketball IQ. Seeing those 3rd and 4th passes after penetration is fun.

I'm also really looking forward to St Mary's and Memphis. Two completely different approaches to basketball. I also think Belmont vs Arizona could be entertaining but really any game, with a few exceptions, could turn into a classic.

We haven't seen too much of that this season. And it's nice to see some kids (probably not highly recruited) that can hit open jumpers and don't shoot the ball after one pass.

I am with you AU64, this time of year is my favorite in sports aside from AU sports. I really enjoy seeing teams that play good, quality basketball make a run. Every year there are teams with lower rated players that play with a higher basketball IQ and discipline, that are well coached, that beat teams full of NBA talent. Just hoping my Bracket is blown to bits on the first day. haha

I am with you AU64, this time of year is my favorite in sports aside from AU sports. I really enjoy seeing teams that play good, quality basketball make a run. Every year there are teams with lower rated players that play with a higher basketball IQ and discipline, that are well coached, that beat teams full of NBA talent. Just hoping my Bracket is blown to bits on the first day. haha

My youngest grand daughter usually wins the family pool...she picks the birds as her first elimination...and then goes from there. I'm pulling for Davidson....gotta love a team that has five starters back from the previous year and all probably had 1500+ on their SATs. And shoot 80% FTs as a team.

St Mary's best player had a terrible day and the Gaels still only lose by one basket. Was a fun game anyway.

Well, there goes the 5-12 upset. There is always at least one 5-12 upset. Oregon beats Ok State convincingly. The Ducks could be a factor in this thing.

OK..one SEC teams down and two yet to play. So who will be the last SEC team out of the NCAA tournament?

Harvard absolutely destroyed my bracket! I had New Mexico as a sleeper to make it to the final 4 out of that region. Makes me look stupid. lol. But I think Florida will be the last SEC team out of the tournament. I got them in the elite 8.

Harvard absolutely destroyed my bracket! I had New Mexico as a sleeper to make it to the final 4 out of that region. Makes me look stupid. lol. But I think Florida will be the last SEC team out of the tournament. I got them in the elite 8.

The odds are with you on Florida to be last out....since they are the last SEC team to play.

If anyone had Florida Gulf Coast then you lucky SOB.

You mean that team that hasn't been around but 4 or 5 years? That played the socks off some top ten teams and beat Miami and now Georgetown? That can't happen. You have to recruit,have a basketball school,and for goodness sakes wear the right shoes! Coaching doesn't matter. Developing a recruit doesn't matter. If they were a 2 star-they stay a 2 star. The only thing that matters is that we are not Duke and we wear the wrong shoes and we can't kiss somebodys' butt in Huntsville.

This tournament proves all that wrong every year. I'll settle with a decent basketball team for a while. THEN we can look to bigger and better things. But if some of these teams can play like this........I don't know what's wrong with AU.

For whatever reason I watched the Georgetown-FGCU game from start to finish and it was a fun one. If anyone missed it be sure to catch the highlights because FGCU as throwing down some nasty dunks and making pretty passes all night.

If anyone had Florida Gulf Coast then you lucky SOB.

You mean that team that hasn't been around but 4 or 5 years? That played the socks off some top ten teams and beat Miami and now Georgetown? That can't happen. You have to recruit,have a basketball school,and for goodness sakes wear the right shoes! Coaching doesn't matter. Developing a recruit doesn't matter. If they were a 2 star-they stay a 2 star. The only thing that matters is that we are not Duke and we wear the wrong shoes and we can't kiss somebodys' butt in Huntsville.
This tournament proves all that wrong every year. I'll settle with a decent basketball team for a while. THEN we can look to bigger and better things. But if some of these teams can play like this........I don't know what's wrong with AU.
Yep...that team....and I mean "TEAM" cause it's a team game and some of our kids still haven't learned that yet. Of course it didn't hurt that G'town took them lightly and shot like AU from the field against them last night. Fun to see the upsets.

Western Kentucky is also a very well coached "team". I have no doubt that their man Ray Harper will be a successful big time coach one day. WKU gave Kansas all they could handle.

There is obviously much more to coaching than recruiting athletes and letting them break down the guy in front of them.

The bracket actually sets up pretty well for Ole Miss. They get LaSalle on Sunday and if they get by them they get the winner of the Gonzaga - Wichita State game. Probably Gonzaga which IMO, the weakest of the #1 Seeds. Ole Miss could make an Elite Eight run with some luck.

By Sunday night I expect most of the "pretenders" will be done and the real contenders will be left. Fun to watch some of those junior and senior laden "teams" play good games...and not look to just one player to take over when crunch time came. Henderson is a hot dog and streaky shooter but I have to admit it's fun to watch him when he is in the zone....he turned that Wisc. game around in less than two minutes once he hit a few shots.

It is very hard to like Henderson. But I do like his energy and he is fun to watch. I agree Ole Miss has got a very good draw. They are also very well coached and their talent is good inside.

I would not be shocked (no pun intended) to see Wichita State beat the Zags. I am very exited to watch VCU and Meatchicken too. The tourney is so much fun.

It is very hard to like Henderson. But I do like his energy and he is fun to watch. I agree Ole Miss has got a very good draw. They are also very well coached and their talent is good inside.

I would not be shocked (no pun intended) to see Wichita State beat the Zags. I am very exited to watch VCU and Meatchicken too. The tourney is so much fun.

Henderson is kinda like the old days when I got to see Pistol Pete at LSU and Johnny Neumann at Ole Miss. Boy, they could really piss you off but it was amazing to watch them shoot the ball and what that could do to your team no matter what you did to try and stop them. Henderson's not in the same league of course but he has the same kind impact on Ole Miss's opponents....they all hate him and he loves to rub it in. I would be happy to have someone at AU who could stir up the fans like that.....and cause so much grief for the other side.

Oregon is seriously outplaying that 12 seed they got. Looked good against OK St. and now beating a good St. Louis team. If they were in another bracket, I could see them making a longer run. I just don't see them beating Louisville in the next round.

Oregon is seriously outplaying that 12 seed they got. Looked good against OK St. and now beating a good St. Louis team. If they were in another bracket, I could see them making a longer run. I just don't see them beating Louisville in the next round.

If they were in the West they could easily make final 4.

Kudos sir. :bow:

Well...should be interesting to see Florida playing Florida Gulf Coast in the next round. A chance for FGC to spoil some more brackets.

Archived