2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Pops...always the man. Thx, E.

Agree with this. Thanks E for posting. I bet Pops has a smile looking down on us recruiting junkies.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the name of my late good friend Pops has been invoked, I'll add that Pops was the first to say (via PM) that we were not clean in Jovon's recruitment and part of the agreement between AU and the NCAA was that Jovon would never be part of the AU program. As noted above, Gus& co. have been hoping for a green light on the basis that the offenders are all gone now.

Obviously, that decision went our way and that's all good for both Auburn and Jovon.

I saw on another article (247Sports, Free Content) that another poster put somewhere on AUFamily (honestly it could have even been in this thread, I don't remember) that said Jovon was visiting this weekend.

It's next weekend.

I remember that Mikey, for a old dude living in TN/KY, he sure did get a bunch of behind the scenes info. I think about Pops alot and I am positive he is lobbying the Big Man for his favor on AU!!

I remember that Mikey, for a old dude living in TN/KY, he sure did get a bunch of behind the scenes info. I think about Pops alot and I am positive he is lobbying the Big Man for his favor on AU!!

I don't know all the contacts he had but I know he knew former players and coaches like Bo and Pat Dye.

Apologies if this question was already asked and answered- I promise I at least skimmed the last few pages but couldn't find it discussed- but what would his eligibility window be if he signed with us? 2 years to play 2? Starting when? TIA, WDE. I was fired up about this kid the first time around, and now that he's met or even exceeded those expectations, I'm even more fired up.

Apologies if this question was already asked and answered- I promise I at least skimmed the last few pages but couldn't find it discussed- but what would his eligibility window be if he signed with us? 2 years to play 2? Starting when? TIA, WDE. I was fired up about this kid the first time around, and now that he's met or even exceeded those expectations, I'm even more fired up.

2 to play 2 starting in 2015 but may not matter. He is expected to be a 1 and done kid.

2 to play 2 starting in 2015 but may not matter. He is expected to be a 1 and done kid.

Understood, thank you.

Excerpts from BM's article: http://www.aufamily..../page__st__1098

“I’ve always liked coach Malzahn,” Robinson said."

“Me and Malzahn, our relationship has been kind of older. As good as it was back then, it can be better now.”

“It’s still the same for me. You can assume that Auburn really was the best fit for me,” he said.

Of course, Robinson liked the potential of Auburn’s offense coming out of high school and feels the same about it now.

“It’s explosive,” he said. “They spread the ball around. They have guys running around the edges, going deep. It’s really a fun offense to watch. It’s actually something like I’m doing at GMC. It’s one of the more diverse offenses for running backs."

Some crow will be devoured if he comes back. Very, very interesting development.

Was about to post how this clearly wasn't really happening and everyone is obviously having reading comprehension problems but you put it better.

Those of us in the loop on it were told to continue responding that way til the staff decided if they wanted to appeal and if the appeal went through. There was no need to prematurely get hopes up. No crow to be eaten.

So that means your a looper. You have to at least eat some smoke screened crow. Thanks from the non loopers. ;)

No some crow should be eaten by anybody who was abrasive to anybody else for expressing the idea of still going after Robinson. Guys never want to admit when they are wrong Smh

I like the idea of getting Jovon back to Auburn but do we really need another RB? it seems like we are stacked for the remainder of his eligibility.

No some crow should be eaten by anybody who was abrasive to anybody else for expressing the idea of still going after Robinson. Guys never want to admit when they are wrong Smh

What crow? There was an NCAA agreement that we wouldn't recruit him anymore. That is why people were "abrasive" towards those who were suggesting that we should recruit him. How can you recruit him when the NCAA has told you not to?

The NCAA matter has apparently been settled. Why do you think we are just now offering and starting to talk to him? They didn't magically forget about him and then just remembered the other day.

I like the idea of getting Jovon back to Auburn but do we really need another RB? it seems like we are stacked for the remainder of his eligibility.

Really? You always take talent like his. Besides, RBs get hurt. Remember Tre Smith having to carry the load against Bammer?

Things we have going for us:

He was ENROLLED at AU.

AU pulled two kids from his Juco last year so our coaches have been visible to him

Malzahn had Tre Mason a Heisman contender year one. saban and kiffin won't be able to sniff that.

Things we have going against us:

He painted his car from O&B to that other schools colors.

Things we have going for us:

He was ENROLLED at AU.

AU pulled two kids from his Juco last year so our coaches have been visible to him

Malzahn had Tre Mason a Heisman contender year one. saban and kiffin won't be able to sniff that.

Things we have going against us:

He painted his car from O&B to that other schools colors.

I may be wrong but it seems like he made the statement about uat being a favorite at one time when he started about returning to div 1. I don't have a link but think I remember it being discussed at one point.

Per Bryan Matthews and I agree,
He's likely a one-and-done, but is the type that can lead a team to a championship in that one year.
You don't pass on a championship solidifying type player like that even just for 1 season. Besides he may be better than any back we have on roster now. Gus has shown he will gladly take a top juco to upgrade positions or add depth. Another thing Jovon would bring is immediate experience. He would be the only upperclassman RB on the 2015 roster. Barber and Roc will only have 1 yeear of college PT under their belts.

I may be wrong but it seems like he made the statement about uat being a favorite at one time when he started about returning to div 1. I don't have a link but think I remember it being discussed at one point.

In the free article yesterday by Bryan Matthews he said his top 5 of AU, Bama, UGA, FSU, andUTk are even.

Archived