2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

I honestly dont know how to feel about Javon. I know he was committed at one time but after his remarks towards uat and against AU - I feel like AU and FSU (a school he hasnt even seen yet) are only on the list to make it more impressive by having the two teams who played in the NCG. I am more worried about replacing Grant at the moment.

Maybe he signs and you guys can make fun of me - but all signs seem to point "Anywhere but AU". IMO

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He might not be a one and done. He could be a none and done. He'll be eligible for the NFL draft after this, his second JUCO season because he skipped a year of football before entering JUCO. Therefore he'll be draft eligible after this upcoming season. If he has another year like he had last year the smart money will have him going pro straight from Ga. Military.

PS: The NFL and NCAA rules are different. The NFL's rule is that three years after a guy's class graduates from high school, he's eligible to be drafted. See Tre Mason and Greg Robinson.

247 predictions for JR:

http://247sports.com...171/Predictions

Individual predictions at bottom.

They all, unless I missed something, seem to be dated before Gus and company went public. Not sure they would be the same today. I have no idea where this kid will end up but I would love to see Gus bring him in and put him to work destroying defenses.

I'd love to see the guy back in Auburn. I'm not particularly worried that Robinson would go pro out of JUCO (as Mikey suggested) because, even with a great year, his draft stock will be somewhat depressed by his competition level. In other words, one and done would benefit him in the draft. Almost no doubt about that.

I'm also fully on-board with one year guys. Rudi and Cam were pure joys to watch. If we can run it back, then let's jump in the DeLorean and hit 88.

Hope it works out well for him and us. The whole situation was unfortunate. The good news is, we've already had running backs make us forget TJ Yeldon, and funny enough, Derrick Henry may make Lane Kiffin forget that name as well. All that said, Jovon doesn't have to worry about out-shining his once-rival.

I think he may commit to AU, but pull another Foster and Evans and change on signing day and put on an uat hat on live tv. In other words, don't get your hopes up too high.

R Foster and TJ Yedon was.

I think he may commit to AU, but pull another Foster and Evans and change on signing day and put on an uat hat on live tv. In other words, don't get your hopes up too high.

Evans never committed to Auburn.

He might not be a one and done. He could be a none and done. He'll be eligible for the NFL draft after this, his second JUCO season because he skipped a year of football before entering JUCO. Therefore he'll be draft eligible after this upcoming season. If he has another year like he had last year the smart money will have him going pro straight from Ga. Military.

How much do you know about Pro scouting?

The kid isn't going Pro from JUCO. You know how often NFL teams draft kids from JUCO? Somewhere between never and very very very rarely.

Some crow will be devoured if he comes back. Very, very interesting development.

Was about to post how this clearly wasn't really happening and everyone is obviously having reading comprehension problems but you put it better.

Those of us in the loop on it were told to continue responding that way til the staff decided if they wanted to appeal and if the appeal went through. There was no need to prematurely get hopes up. No crow to be eaten.

I don't know who was "in the loop" and who wasn't so I don't know which posts are which. There were definitely posts squashing the idea that Jovon could possibly ever come back to AU in response to other posts from wishful fans hoping he would be recruited. Are you saying that you and/or others "in the loop" were told by someone to respond that way? Wouldn't ignoring the posts successfully avoided getting hopes up? Or are we referring to different crow?

No some crow should be eaten by anybody who was abrasive to anybody else for expressing the idea of still going after Robinson. Guys never want to admit when they are wrong Smh

What crow? There was an NCAA agreement that we wouldn't recruit him anymore. That is why people were "abrasive" towards those who were suggesting that we should recruit him. How can you recruit him when the NCAA has told you not to?

The NCAA matter has apparently been settled. Why do you think we are just now offering and starting to talk to him? They didn't magically forget about him and then just remembered the other day.

You are the last person I'd expect to have to explain recruiting to but here goes. It's fluid until signing day. Things change. Apparently even NCAA agreements that people in the know were aware of and the rest of us heard about from them. I wouldn't expect you to stop being abrasive but to ignore that a fluid situation could be fluid is dumb and you usually aren't dumb.

No some crow should be eaten by anybody who was abrasive to anybody else for expressing the idea of still going after Robinson. Guys never want to admit when they are wrong Smh

What crow? There was an NCAA agreement that we wouldn't recruit him anymore. That is why people were "abrasive" towards those who were suggesting that we should recruit him. How can you recruit him when the NCAA has told you not to?

The NCAA matter has apparently been settled. Why do you think we are just now offering and starting to talk to him? They didn't magically forget about him and then just remembered the other day.

You are the last person I'd expect to have to explain recruiting to but here goes. It's fluid until signing day. Things change. Apparently even NCAA agreements that people in the know were aware of and the rest of us heard about from them. I wouldn't expect you to stop being abrasive but to ignore that a fluid situation could be fluid is dumb and you usually aren't dumb.

The kid isn't going Pro from JUCO. You know how often NFL teams draft kids from JUCO? Somewhere between never and very very very rarely.

I don't know anything about pro scouting. In fact I know very little about anything. One of the few things I do know for sure is that, as I said, Robinson will be eligible for the NFL draft after this year. If he has another 2,000 yard rushing season and gets drafted before he ever takes a single snap in four-year football, you heard it here first.

I don't know anything about pro scouting. In fact I know very little about anything. One of the few things I do know for sure is that, as I said, Robinson will be eligible for the NFL draft after this year. If he has another 2,000 yard rushing season and gets drafted before he ever takes a single snap in four-year football, you heard it here first.

Could happen. He seems to want a taste of D1 ball first.

He could rush for 5000 yds in JUCO this year and he still won't be drafted as high as he would (if at all) after at least one year of D1 ball.

They were the first school to offer I believe which is why he has always liked them IIRC

As a juco maybe. We were on him first in high school.

http://footballrumor...fill-his-dream/

Robinson’s 2012 Dodge Challenger, which was once painted white with orange and blue stripes, has been a topic of accusations and allegations. Fans of Auburn’s rivals insist that someone connected to the program purchased it for him.

DMV records show that it was purchased in April 2012, the same month he took possession of his share of the settlement from his father’s death. The car, he says, was a graduation present that he and his mother purchased.

Before he left for GMC, Robinson changed the color of the stripes to red and black. Even though those are the Bulldogs’ colors, it’s meant to signify Auburn’s arch rival.

“The color on my car can represent GMC, but it’s actually more ‘Roll Tide,’ ” he said.

Robinson, who won’t be eligible to transfer to a Division I school until December 2014 at the earliest, knows that a lot can change between now and then, especially in the fickle world of recruiting.

“If does work out, it can (represent Alabama),” he said. “If it doesn’t, it doesn’t.”

Robinson considered both Alabama and Auburn out of high school. The first — and only — college game he’s ever attended was the 2010 Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa.

“It’s crazy how things work out. Alabama was my first offer, and I wasn’t even thinking about Auburn at that time,” he said. “Auburn was my last offer. Then I went to Auburn, and now, I guess, I’m hoping to go to Alabama.”

You are correct. I just verified it through Barton Simmons of 247 who is much more credible than whoever wrote that article.

PS: The NFL and NCAA rules are different. The NFL's rule is that three years after a guy's class graduates from high school, he's eligible to be drafted. See Tre Mason and Greg Robinson.

Jovon's plan is to go to college for a year.

Evans never committed to Auburn publicly. Twice privately however.

FIFY

I definitely see him putting in 1 year at a major D1 school. Would be nice to have a back of his size.

They were the first school to offer I believe which is why he has always liked them IIRC

As a juco maybe. We were on him first in high school.

http://footballrumor...fill-his-dream/

Robinson’s 2012 Dodge Challenger, which was once painted white with orange and blue stripes, has been a topic of accusations and allegations. Fans of Auburn’s rivals insist that someone connected to the program purchased it for him.

DMV records show that it was purchased in April 2012, the same month he took possession of his share of the settlement from his father’s death. The car, he says, was a graduation present that he and his mother purchased.

Before he left for GMC, Robinson changed the color of the stripes to red and black. Even though those are the Bulldogs’ colors, it’s meant to signify Auburn’s arch rival.

“The color on my car can represent GMC, but it’s actually more ‘Roll Tide,’ ” he said.

Robinson, who won’t be eligible to transfer to a Division I school until December 2014 at the earliest, knows that a lot can change between now and then, especially in the fickle world of recruiting.

“If does work out, it can (represent Alabama),” he said. “If it doesn’t, it doesn’t.”

Robinson considered both Alabama and Auburn out of high school. The first — and only — college game he’s ever attended was the 2010 Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa.

“It’s crazy how things work out. Alabama was my first offer, and I wasn’t even thinking about Auburn at that time,” he said. “Auburn was my last offer. Then I went to Auburn, and now, I guess, I’m hoping to go to Alabama.”

You are correct. I just verified it through Barton Simmons of 247 who is much more credible than whoever wrote that article.

I just assumed it was valid from the article since they were jovons words. I have kept up with jovon since the fiasco and really have to pinch myself every now and again to make myself believe were back recruiting him.

Plans change depending on current situations.

Plans change depending on current situations.

Mikey I would want you defending me in court. Mikey just expressed a possibility. He didn't give Vegas odds as to it happening.

NFL teams simply do not value JUCO players. There is zero financial logic behind him choosing to attempt jumping straight to the NFL from JUCO. As a JUCO entree he would likely be an UDFA or potentially a 6th to 7th round pick (and that is stretching it) who would fight for a practice-squad spot. Or...he can go to any school of his choice for a year and get drafted within the top ~3 rounds, make a hell of a lot more money, with a guaranteed roster spot (more or less) on the active roster (ie: he now makes NFL rookie minimum versus practice squad minimum wage).

It simply does not make any logical sense for him to even contemplate trying to jump straight from JUCO...which is why it wont happen, and why it never happens with JUCO players of this caliber. LSU fans last year were constantly claiming that D'haquille Williams would never step foot on campus at Auburn because he was "seriously considering jumping straight to the NFL"....its a pipe dream.

Kipp Adams changed his CB from Bama to Auburn yesterday. He typically has a very good feel on prospects from Georgia. He was one of the first to start breaking the Lambert-to-AU story last year, and Lambert went to the same JUCO as Robinson.

Archived