2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Mikey just stated its a possibility, he didn't stake his rep on it, and he's absolutely correct because technically it can happen. Now, I do agree with Meta because it doesn't seem like a logical scenario and highly unlikely at best that it would actually unfold like that. I don't know how many JUCO rb's have ever gone straight to the league but I don't know any off the top of my head so there ya go. Everybody is right and like Val said in Tombstone "There, now we can all be friends". :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has only happened a handful of times and never has a player been drafted straight out of JUCO. The last player to go straight from JUCO was in 2012 and he signed a free agent deal with the Lions.

It ain't happening, opinion or not.

Glad we are back in on this guy. Looks like an elite RB talent. Unless he holds AU somehow responsible for the grades thing (he said he doesn't) then I really like our chances of signing him.

It has only happened a handful of times and never has a player been drafted straight out of JUCO. The last player to go straight from JUCO was in 2012 and he signed a free agent deal with the Lions.

It ain't happening, opinion or not.

All it takes is once....... Many stated here that Javon would never play at Auburn after leaving. Not so much at anyone just lighten up on Mikey. We all make opinions that don't happen.

Mikey just stated its a possibility, he didn't stake his rep on it, and he's absolutely correct because technically it can happen.

Thank you. Unlike a couple of others that have posted in this thread, I do not claim to be able to foretell the future. I said it's possible and it is. To those that know exactly what will happen 12 months from now, got any stock market tips?

Mikey just stated its a possibility, he didn't stake his rep on it, and he's absolutely correct because technically it can happen.

Thank you. Unlike a couple of others that have posted in this thread, I do not claim to be able to foretell the future. I said it's possible and it is. To those that know exactly what will happen 12 months from now, got any stock market tips?

maybe j/k mikey

Buy low, sell high. Won't even charge you for that one.

Apparently you don't read too well. The request for tips was made to the couple of posters that know exactly what will happen 12 months from now. If you are also among the clairvoyant, just give me the company's name, when low will be and when high will be. If you can't do that, you're not as smart as some others think they are. That's no problem, however. I don't know what some kid will do next year either! :)

Apparently you don't read too well. The request for tips was made to the couple of posters that know exactly what will happen 12 months from now. If you are also among the clairvoyant, just give me the company's name, when low will be and when high will be. If you can't do that, you're not as smart as some others think they are. That's no problem, however. I don't know what some kid will do next year either! :)

Actually, reading comprehension is one of the few things that I actually do have a knack for. All you said was "To those that know exactly what will happen 12 months from now, got any stock market tips?". I was implying that I do actually know what will happen 12 months from now (facetiously), but gave you the only tip that I was willing to let go for free. You know, tongue-in-cheek and all...

On an unrelated note, I agree with your line of logic regarding JR.

I don't see how anyone could claim to know FOR CERTAIN what will happen with this kid. I was one that said three months ago that we would TRY to recruit Jovon again and I wish I had a nickel for all the times we were told "NEVER". While it is unlikely to happen, he could declare next year. It is a possibility up and until he lets the date to declare come and go without doing so. It just takes one kid. I'm not sure what his financial situiation is. I know he had received some money surrounding his dad's death I believe. That may be gone now, I don't know.

ETA: Might have been Jordan Wilkins???

Guest NC1406

The buy low and sell high theory has worked for many. It tricked me out of a small fortune. I suggest you sell high and buy low. It's all about the timing.

I don't see how anyone could claim to know FOR CERTAIN what will happen with this kid. I was one that said three months ago that we would TRY to recruit Jovon again and I wish I had a nickel for all the times we were told "NEVER". While it is unlikely to happen, he could declare next year. It is a possibility up and until he lets the date to declare come and go without doing so. It just takes one kid. I'm not sure what his financial situiation is. I know he had received some money surrounding his dad's death I believe. That may be gone now, I don't know.

ETA: Might have been Jordan Wilkins???

Memphis papers said that Jovon received $200,000 as his part of his father's unlawful death settlement. His mother has custody of this money, and released enough of it for him to buy his car. At last report, about two years ago now, she was saving the rest of it for his college expenses in case something happened and he couldn't go through on a football scholarship.

Some crow will be devoured if he comes back. Very, very interesting development.

Was about to post how this clearly wasn't really happening and everyone is obviously having reading comprehension problems but you put it better.

Those of us in the loop on it were told to continue responding that way til the staff decided if they wanted to appeal and if the appeal went through. There was no need to prematurely get hopes up. No crow to be eaten.

That's interesting because several of us had the same information but weren't told to do that and didn't.

Some crow will be devoured if he comes back. Very, very interesting development.

Was about to post how this clearly wasn't really happening and everyone is obviously having reading comprehension problems but you put it better.

Those of us in the loop on it were told to continue responding that way til the staff decided if they wanted to appeal and if the appeal went through. There was no need to prematurely get hopes up. No crow to be eaten.

That's interesting because several of us had the same information but weren't told to do that and didn't.

And several of us didn't get either email.

I didn't know we were being lied to. I'm shocked.

I'm pretty sure IronMan is talking about the email from AUPops2. I received it and as IronMan said there was absolutely no mention of "keeping it quiet" in the information I got.

Yes. He has to be one of our highest priorities.he and Johnson would make a great RB class

Yes. He has to be one of our highest priorities.he and Johnson would make a great RB class

Archived