2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could that be Loose Bowel Syndrome or Laughing But Serious?

Depends if you're talking about golf or a4e lol

If you're talking depends, odds are it's Golf.

Jovon is taking his first OV tomorrow to Louisville per Kipp Adams.

Does he want to be on the same team as Dyer?

J/K.

The nice part is Yeldon has turned out to be nothing special. All that hoopla and he is about to lose his starting gig to Henry. He is good, but Mason showed him up big time last season. Anyone still butthurt over that kid just wants a reason to be upset.

Would be interesting to see the battle between Javon, Roc, and Barber next season. Grant is the guy we really need a replacement for, IMO (Truitt?).

We have no idea what Yeldon could have done if he had come to AU though, that's the thing that still rubs some folks. Yeldon may not be as big at Updyke U but he could have already won a Heisman at AU for all we know. It's apples and oranges to compare backs success that go to different schools and play in different systems.

The nice part is Yeldon has turned out to be nothing special. All that hoopla and he is about to lose his starting gig to Henry. He is good, but Mason showed him up big time last season. Anyone still butthurt over that kid just wants a reason to be upset.

Would be interesting to see the battle between Javon, Roc, and Barber next season. Grant is the guy we really need a replacement for, IMO (Truitt?).

We have no idea what Yeldon could have done if he had come to AU though, that's the thing that still rubs some folks. Yeldon may not be as big at Updyke U but he could have already won a Heisman at AU for all we know. It's apples and oranges to compare backs success that go to different schools and play in different systems.

he wanted a process and not to be a part of a family, i will take family every time. WDE!!! It is great to be an Auburn Tiger!!

Make no mistake, Yeldon would have been an AU favorite present and post career. Wrong system as stated above. Give him space after some misdirection. He would have killed with his catching ability. Ingram was successfully but looked like crap when I watched. Richardson same. Lacy... Didn't look great but turned out nice for Green Bay.

Make no mistake, Yeldon would have been an AU favorite present and post career. Wrong system as stated above. Give him space after some misdirection. He would have killed with his catching ability. Ingram was successfully but looked like crap when I watched. Richardson same. Lacy... Didn't look great but turned out nice for Green Bay.So Jovon coming to A Day?

I'll disagree with that. I actually think Mason was a better fit for this system than Yeldon. I don't think TJ would've had more success at Auburn. He's more of a pro-style runner. He doesn't have the speed on the edges to produce like McCalebb and Grant have in that role, and I don't think he's as consistent between the tackles as Mason was. This isn't an offense built on throwing the ball to either RB. It's more about a triple-optioned run game (not necessarily the old triple option, but I mean, generally, a run attack with an A-gap runner, a B/C-gap runner, and an outside option) mixed with a vertical pass game.

I don't see an increased role for Yeldon in this offense. He could've been CAP last year, but he wasn't going to take food off Tre's table. He's a solid player, but going into this season, I can think of 3 RBs I'd take over him, without question (Gurley, Davis, and Collins if his head is screwed on properly). I don't think Yeldon is going to match his numbers from last year (in terms of attempts or yards) although he could be more efficient with Henry taking a number of carries. If Yeldon is still the starter next fall, Bama's backfield may be a poor man's version of Thurman Thomas starting over Barry Sanders. Yeldon may be good, but you want him to play because you don't want any part of the backup.

If, say, CAP is the starter, I don't think anyone will miss Yeldon at the end of the year.

As for Robinson, he'll start in Auburn or Alabama, no matter what happens with Yeldon, Henry, Roc, or Barber.

"I can think of 3 RBs I'd take over him, without question (Gurley, Davis, and Collins if his head is screwed on properly)"

Thats pretty strong right there and, not surprisingly,I cannot agree with it. Gurley has had injury problems. Davis has been fine but I'd still take Yeldon if I had to choose. Collins had one decent year and Im not ready to pronounce him the next great SEC RB.

Its interesting to me you'd take all those 3 over Yeldon yet he had a better year than all of them in '13. I'd take Yeldon over all of them myself.

I have been told on this forum before that it was simply crazy and unrealistic to prefer mason over yeldon. Heck.. now ill say id prefer most current big-time RBs over yeldon.

I'll disagree with that. I actually think Mason was a better fit for this system than Yeldon. I don't think TJ would've had more success at Auburn. He's more of a pro-style runner. He doesn't have the speed on the edges to produce like McCalebb and Grant have in that role, and I don't think he's as consistent between the tackles as Mason was. This isn't an offense built on throwing the ball to either RB. It's more about a triple-optioned run game (not necessarily the old triple option, but I mean, generally, a run attack with an A-gap runner, a B/C-gap runner, and an outside option) mixed with a vertical pass game.

I don't see an increased role for Yeldon in this offense. He could've been CAP last year, but he wasn't going to take food off Tre's table. He's a solid player, but going into this season, I can think of 3 RBs I'd take over him, without question (Gurley, Davis, and Collins if his head is screwed on properly). I don't think Yeldon is going to match his numbers from last year (in terms of attempts or yards) although he could be more efficient with Henry taking a number of carries. If Yeldon is still the starter next fall, Bama's backfield may be a poor man's version of Thurman Thomas starting over Barry Sanders. Yeldon may be good, but you want him to play because you don't want any part of the backup.

If, say, CAP is the starter, I don't think anyone will miss Yeldon at the end of the year.

As for Robinson, he'll start in Auburn or Alabama, no matter what happens with Yeldon, Henry, Roc, or Barber.

I agree with this. I think Tre's center of gravity made him tougher to take down too. He never went backwards. Turns out we were blessed to have had Tre. Glad to hear he is having a football camp at AU.

I also agree on Jovon. I think it turns out he is better than people thought he was going to be. He is a beast.

9r245x.png

BV, Gurley's on another planet. If you don't think he's better than Yeldon, we're watching different games. Don't just focus on last year. Look at their careers. Or just watch Gurley play. He's the best offensive player in the country. Yeldon isn't capable of what Gurley did as a freshman. He put up almost 1400 yards while splitting carries. Add the fact that Gurley is easily the best pass-catching RB in the SEC. Even injured, he posted 400+ yards receiving with 7 TDs last year. They aren't comparable players.

As for Davis, he actually had more total yards (1535 yards rushing and receiving compared to 1418 total for Yeldon). He also did that essentially without playing the bowl game (11 touches due to injury and both guys sat out one game against a cupcake). Davis' offensive line was worse, and he's more capable of hitting the home run (40+ yard runs in five games last year against four in Yeldon's career). I'd definitely take Davis over Yeldon.

Alex Collins is more of a feel thing. I'll admit that. I was much more impressed with what he did in 190 carries as a true freshman than I was with Yeldon's 175 carries as a backup in his true freshman season. Collins wore down during the season playing behind a terrible offensive line. Unless you tell me Jonathan Williams makes a leap and costs Collins too many carries, I think Collins will have a better year than Yeldon.

Also, I don't think Yeldon starts at the end of the year. Henry's better. He's bigger, stronger, and faster. I hope TJ Yeldon starts the Iron Bowl. He's good, but he doesn't scare me. He's just a good RB. Henry is scary.

Gurley almost single-handedly began the burst that started the UGA comeback vs. us.

Keith Marshall might never have his potential realized unless Gurley leaves as a JR, and of course Marshall hasn't shown enough to be able to go.

Even if he pulls the trigger and commits to Auburn now, what's gonna happen as signing day it closer? we've all seen too many AU commitments flip to the dark side days before or on signing day.

he is an early commit so don't worry about signing day....

He's been told that several times already. Your attempt is admirable but you are wasting your time. This user NEVER reads anything that's posted here. He just shows up and makes random unfounded statements or questions that have been answered often DAYS before.

I thought this was an Auburn chatroom NOT an Updyke.

No, its called a message board. It's a place where we discuss different things which will sometimes involved different teams or players from different teams. It's not hard to keep up....wait.

9r245x.png

HAHA ;D

BV, Gurley's on another planet. If you don't think he's better than Yeldon, we're watching different games. Don't just focus on last year. Look at their careers. Or just watch Gurley play. He's the best offensive player in the country. Yeldon isn't capable of what Gurley did as a freshman. He put up almost 1400 yards while splitting carries. Add the fact that Gurley is easily the best pass-catching RB in the SEC. Even injured, he posted 400+ yards receiving with 7 TDs last year. They aren't comparable players.

As for Davis, he actually had more total yards (1535 yards rushing and receiving compared to 1418 total for Yeldon). He also did that essentially without playing the bowl game (11 touches due to injury and both guys sat out one game against a cupcake). Davis' offensive line was worse, and he's more capable of hitting the home run (40+ yard runs in five games last year against four in Yeldon's career). I'd definitely take Davis over Yeldon.

Alex Collins is more of a feel thing. I'll admit that. I was much more impressed with what he did in 190 carries as a true freshman than I was with Yeldon's 175 carries as a backup in his true freshman season. Collins wore down during the season playing behind a terrible offensive line. Unless you tell me Jonathan Williams makes a leap and costs Collins too many carries, I think Collins will have a better year than Yeldon.

Also, I don't think Yeldon starts at the end of the year. Henry's better. He's bigger, stronger, and faster. I hope TJ Yeldon starts the Iron Bowl. He's good, but he doesn't scare me. He's just a good RB. Henry is scary.

What is scary at UGA is that they bring in Chubb this year and he is Gurley 2. He is very, very good.

Back to Jovon; I think he is dominating, and may be better than any back in all of college football.

Im not arguing that Gurley isn't a great RB but he has a tendency to get hurt and miss games. I think Yeldon is just more durable. zhe hasn't missed a game in 2 years. Gurley and Yeldon certainly aren't comparable players when Gurley is watching half the season from the sidelines. The fact is, I wouldn't have taken any of them over Tre Mason but we'll just have to wait and see. Gurley has a chance to prove me wrong. He had ONE good year. I'd take Mike Davis before Gurley because he seems more durable as well. We'll see about Henry. He looked very good against Oklahoma but Im not ready to concede that he'll beat out Yeldon just because he looked great in one game. Its not about being a flash in the pan. Its about getting it done week in and week out in the SEC

Bama's offense doesn't throw the ball to their backs much but you're mistaken if you think Yeldon cant make plays receiving the ball.. He just doesn't get many thrown his way. Im not a fan of any of these guys and dont really care, this is just my opinion.

Archived