2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to Jovon, he will humbly re-committ to Auburn just as how he committed in the past, time to finish what he started and be a part of what he loved and wanted to be a part of.

Actually 3 time. Cyrus K was committed up to National Signing Day

My memory is he commited ON signing day or maybe a day before and was sequestered by his parents for 24 hours until the check cleare...he changed his mind.

IIRC everyone was actually pretty shocked when he said AU on national signing day, and then his parents told him otherwise

That's probably true, about everyone being surprised; still, I find it a bit hard to believe that Cyrus K did not notify his parents of his decision prior to the announcement. I mean, that was the most important decision in that young man's life at that time, and he surprised his parents? Plus, he publicly stated he wanted to major in Architecture, and Alabama does NOT have an architecture program. Auburn did--and I'm sure still does. Even the week leading up to NSD that year, one of the "recruiting gurus" (the guy in Atlanta whose name I cannot remember right now) even predicted Cyrus K was going to pick AU. I am probably wrong, but I do not believe that announcement came as big a shock to the folks as most believe. Now, it probably shocked lil Nicky.

While rare, it isn't unheard of for a parent to be surprised/upset on National Signing Day. There were rumblings about it a few days before from "insiders" but other than that it was a surprise. I think our coaches probably thought it was a toss up, which was still miraculous in a lot of ways. Yes, Auburn still does have an architecture program (and an elite one at that) and Bama does not. The whole architecture thing was vastly overblown, though. There is next to zero chance our staff would have allowed him to major in architecture.

One of the things I remember about Javon is him saying if Auburn people are still talking about Yeldon after he has been playing for Auburn he has not done his job. I loved is attitude then and hope Javon comes back to Auburn with that same attitude.

War Eagle !

Some on Scout suspect that he is this year's Yeldon. Any thoughts on that?

I think that every time AU is possibly in on something good, the usual crowd of doom and gloomers will show up with their inferiority complex and spout such nonsense as that. What will be will be. And the doom and gloomers? I'll leave them to their doom and gloom. AU stands as good a shot with JR as anyone. After all, not only did JR commit to AU once, he was actually on campus and practicing.

Hopefully when/if Jovon signs with us, people will learn how to spell his name correctly.

^^^THI!!

Also, as mentioned on another thread there are places on the Rivals section to discuss Bama flippers. Take it there please.

Hopefully when/if Jovon signs with us, people will learn how to spell his name correctly.

^^^THI!!

Also, as mentioned on another thread there are places on the Rivals section to discuss Bama flippers. Take it there please.

Finals have officially driven me crazy. I read this and the first thing I thought of was houndstooth snorkeling gear.

Me --> :hammerin: <-- Finals

^^^THI!!

Finals have officially driven me crazy. I read this and the first thing I thought of was houndstooth snorkeling gear.

Me --> :hammerin: <-- Finals

Just remember though when you get that degree and a career in engineering you'll be the one kicking butt with nice cash flow and a sweet honey by your side. There's your motivation....NOW GO STUDY! lol

^^^THI!!

Me --> :hammerin:/> <-- Finals

Hahaha. I pictured the houndstooth snorkeling gear and laughed. It made me think of Hank's House of Houndstooth. Hahaha

^^^THI!!

Class, the word for today is Admonition.

"Hopefully when correcting another person, I will get the admonition correct." ;D

^^^THI!!

"Hopefully when correcting another person, I will get the admonition correct." ;D

Not admonishing. I made my post very politely and relaxed. I can see it's going to be hard to change my image no matter how nice and polite I will be. lol

Thank goodness his name isn't a toughy like Steve or something. I'm sure with another year under their belt, people will put the right 5 letters together.

^^^THI!!

"Hopefully when correcting another person, I will get the admonition correct." ;D/>

Not admonishing. I made my post very politely and relaxed. I can see it's going to be hard to change my image no matter how nice and polite I will be. lol

Keep on trucking E!

^^^THI!!

:slapfh: Oy Vey!! I was admonishing you for piggy-back admonition of Brain's misspell, with your "^^^TH!!" reply!! It doesn't work when I have to explain.

When is Jovon going to quit yanking Bama's chain and come back home?! I can't wait to see this kid run over, around and through everybody in our offense.

:slapfh: Oy Vey!! I was admonishing you for piggy-back admonition of Brain's misspell, with your "^^^TH!!" reply!! It doesn't work when I have to explain.

With how I have frustrated you in the past I hope you can comedically understand how metaphorically took a curve ball swing at your fast ball pitch there. lol

When is Jovon going to quit yanking Bama's chain and come back home?! I can't wait to see this kid run over, around and through everybody in our offense.

Most are saying soon. WDEWDE's sources are saying it could be a while.

In your opinion, is it better for us if it is sooner or later? Or does it not matter in this case?

My best case scenario (based off of everything that I have read, no insider info at all) would be for Jovon to make a surprise trip down ASAP, commit, close down his recruitment, and light it up this year in JUCO leading up to his return to AU in December.

In your opinion, is it better for us if it is sooner or later? Or does it not matter in this case?

My best case scenario (based off of everything that I have read, no insider info at all) would be for Jovon to make a surprise trip down ASAP, commit, close down his recruitment, and light it up this year in JUCO leading up to his return to AU in December.

Anytime you're in a recruiting battle for a kid and you appear to be the leader, sooner is always the preferred situation in that circumstance even if you end up losing in the end. Remember despite all the publicity of flips 90% of kids who initially commit sign with that school on NSD.

There likely does not need to be a surprise trip. Jovon is expected for BCW next month and many are hopeful a commitment ensues there.

Common sense say Jovon isn't coming back to Auburn. He's already stated he wants to play at bama and he drive a car with a bama paint scheme. We will get him if bama doesn't want him, as long as he doesn't play games with us. I put this kid on a high risk " Yeldon" alert.

Common sense say Jovon isn't coming back to Auburn. He's already stated he wants to play at bama and he drive a car with a bama paint scheme. We will get him if bama doesn't want him, as long as he doesn't play games with us. I put this kid on a high risk " Yeldon" alert.

If I'm not mistaken, his car is painted red and black for Georgia Military College, where he is now. I don't think it had anything to do with UAT.

While your opinion is appreciated, just like everyone else's, your facts are wrong. Jovon's car is painted Red and White but I don't think it has anything to do with UAT and I don't think I've ever read anything stating he wanted to go to UAT. It's only May, don't be such a downer! Jovon should not be on "high risk Yeldon alert".

While your opinion is appreciated, just like everyone else's, your facts are wrong. Jovon's car is painted Red and Black for GMC and I don't think I've ever read anything stating he wanted to go to UAT. It's only May, don't be such a downer! Jovon should not be on "high risk Yeldon alert".

While your opinion is appreciated, just like everyone else's, your facts are wrong. Jovon's car is painted Red and Black for GMC and I don't think I've ever read anything stating he wanted to go to UAT. It's only May, don't be such a downer! Jovon should not be on "high risk Yeldon alert".

In his defense I cannot give a link, so I supose you will have to take me on my word, I do remember reading an article (albeit several months ago) that said something to the effect that he really liked Bama and would like to play for them. Unless of course I dreamed it, but that would be a rather specific dream.

Archived