2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Jovon trending to Bama?

Auburn is trending. The last 11 predictions on 247 are dated from 3/27- 4/19 and are all for Auburn. The last bama prediction was on 2/28. The split as of tonight is 52% AU, 48% UA.

When is suppose to announce his commitment? Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

When is suppose to announce his commitment? Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Before this coming up season at Juco. He's an EE so his signing day is in December.

Thanks ClaytonAU. So by our first game, we should know where Jovon is headed.

Thanks ClaytonAU. So by our first game, we should know where Jovon is headed.

More then likely, maybe before that. We will see!

Memphis curse? I know Means and JR had issues. But we have had some great luck there. Shon Coleman says hello!

I guess Olive Branch, Mississippi is close enough to count as Memphis. lol

To be fair, when asked Shon says that he's from Memphis.

Ahh! Did not know that factoid.

Any news on his reaction to his visit this weekend?

Not really. He rarely does interviews. He has issues with the media from what happened a year and a half ago.

On a related note, has anyone noticed or does anyone know anything about Demetric Warren?

Big tIme Bammer

Any news on his reaction to his visit this weekend?

Not really. He rarely does interviews. He has issues with the media from what happened a year and a half ago.

Ah, that makes sense.

Some on Scout suspect that he is this year's Yeldon. Any thoughts on that?

That thought has been floating around ever since we got back into the picture. Personally I think that's just more of a "people looking to get worked up" thing. If he commits to us before his season, I think it sticks.

I don't think we'll have any more Yeldons, new staff is on that whole schtick and I doubt we get burned twice. JMO.

I don't think we'll have any more Yeldons, new staff is on that whole schtick and I doubt we get burned twice. JMO.

We have been burned twice and it could happen again. If people such as Yeldon and Evans are going to flat-out lie to the coaches there's not much way to avoid that. Having said that, I don't think it happens in this case. IMHO Jovon signs with Auburn without much fanfare.

I really think Jovon likes Au and has for a long time. I think our coaching staff handled his complicated recruitment very well and Jovon has appreciated the honestness. I think he will be a AU Tiger as well.

We have been burned twice and it could happen again. If people such as Yeldon and Evans are going to flat-out lie to the coaches there's not much way to avoid that. Having said that, I don't think it happens in this case. IMHO Jovon signs with Auburn without much fanfare.

Yep & yep.

Actually 3 time. Cyrus K was committed up to National Signing Day

Cyrus commited ON signing day and his parents wouldn't let him come to Auburn.

My memory is he commited ON signing day or maybe a day before and was sequestered by his parents for 24 hours until the check cleare...he changed his mind.

My memory is he commited ON signing day or maybe a day before and was sequestered by his parents for 24 hours until the check cleare...he changed his mind.

IIRC everyone was actually pretty shocked when he said AU on national signing day, and then his parents told him otherwise

To the surprise of everyone (AU coaches, UA coaches, his parents, brother, etc.) on Wednesday signing day Cyrus verbally picked Auburn on ESPN but never faxed his LOI. Shock waves rumbled all though Auburn, Tuscaloosa, & Baltimore. Someone at bama paid for the brother to fly to Baltimore on Thursday (illegal by the way but no one even bothered to check who actually paid the fare) It wasn't until he was made to "rethink" his decision that on Saturday he faxed the LOI to bama.

IIRC everyone was actually pretty shocked when he said AU on national signing day, and then his parents told him otherwise

That's probably true, about everyone being surprised; still, I find it a bit hard to believe that Cyrus K did not notify his parents of his decision prior to the announcement. I mean, that was the most important decision in that young man's life at that time, and he surprised his parents? Plus, he publicly stated he wanted to major in Architecture, and Alabama does NOT have an architecture program. Auburn did--and I'm sure still does. Even the week leading up to NSD that year, one of the "recruiting gurus" (the guy in Atlanta whose name I cannot remember right now) even predicted Cyrus K was going to pick AU. I am probably wrong, but I do not believe that announcement came as big a shock to the folks as most believe. Now, it probably shocked lil Nicky.

Archived