2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Girls, girls, guuuurls!!! Have you theen Gurley with his shirt off? Yeldon thucks. He fumbllllths... Your thhhhtupid. No you are. Tre is way better than Yeldon because he chose AU.

I thott this was an Auburn board!! Siiighhhhh.... Shake my durrrn head.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a thread about the #1 JUCO RB in the country. Take further discussion of rival backs to the appropriate forum.

Texas, I think Jovon may be the best RB in all college football right now. Turns out he is better than everyone thought.

Kind of like the quote they had about Cam at the beginning of the Arky game. "He is the most anticipated player at Auburn in a generation, but nobody expected him to be as good as he has been"

This is a thread about the #1 JUCO RB in the country. Take further discussion of rival backs to the appropriate forum.

Texas, I think Jovon may be the best RB in all college football right now. Turns out he is better than everyone thought.

Or as good as some of us thought.

BV, Gurley's on another planet. If you don't think he's better than Yeldon, we're watching different games. Don't just focus on last year. Look at their careers. Or just watch Gurley play. He's the best offensive player in the country. Yeldon isn't capable of what Gurley did as a freshman. He put up almost 1400 yards while splitting carries. Add the fact that Gurley is easily the best pass-catching RB in the SEC. Even injured, he posted 400+ yards receiving with 7 TDs last year. They aren't comparable players.

As for Davis, he actually had more total yards (1535 yards rushing and receiving compared to 1418 total for Yeldon). He also did that essentially without playing the bowl game (11 touches due to injury and both guys sat out one game against a cupcake). Davis' offensive line was worse, and he's more capable of hitting the home run (40+ yard runs in five games last year against four in Yeldon's career). I'd definitely take Davis over Yeldon.

Alex Collins is more of a feel thing. I'll admit that. I was much more impressed with what he did in 190 carries as a true freshman than I was with Yeldon's 175 carries as a backup in his true freshman season. Collins wore down during the season playing behind a terrible offensive line. Unless you tell me Jonathan Williams makes a leap and costs Collins too many carries, I think Collins will have a better year than Yeldon.

Also, I don't think Yeldon starts at the end of the year. Henry's better. He's bigger, stronger, and faster. I hope TJ Yeldon starts the Iron Bowl. He's good, but he doesn't scare me. He's just a good RB. Henry is scary.

Im not arguing that Gurley isn't a great RB but he has a tendency to get hurt and miss games. I think Yeldon is just more durable. zhe hasn't missed a game in 2 years. Gurley and Yeldon certainly aren't comparable players when Gurley is watching half the season from the sidelines. The fact is, I wouldn't have taken any of them over Tre Mason but we'll just have to wait and see. Gurley has a chance to prove me wrong. He had ONE good year. I'd take Mike Davis before Gurley because he seems more durable as well. We'll see about Henry. He looked very good against Oklahoma but Im not ready to concede that he'll beat out Yeldon just because he looked great in one game. Its not about being a flash in the pan. Its about getting it done week in and week out in the SEC

Bama's offense doesn't throw the ball to their backs much but you're mistaken if you think Yeldon cant make plays receiving the ball.. He just doesn't get many thrown his way. Im not a fan of any of these guys and dont really care, this is just my opinion.

Henry was better than Yeldon last year. I have no idea why Henry didn't replace Yeldon, unless Yeldon has some "insurance" on his starting position. Yeldon should have never gone to uat. He's not the kind of RB they like (a big, bruising bang-it-up-the middle guy). He's learned to stick it in there a little more, but IMHO he looks very uncomfortable at the position.

Jovon is not coming to A-Day, correct?

I think everybody keeps getting Jovon mixed up with Daron Payne. Daron is NOT coming to our A-day.

Jovon IS coming to our A-day.

I think everybody keeps getting Jovon mixed up with Daron Payne. Daron is NOT coming to our A-day.

This. And its going to be a great weekend.

mmm hmm ;D

mmm hmm ;D

Thanks Waynes, E, and WDEWDE for clearing that up. Can't wait for this weekend, I imagine that I will be on AUFamily quite a bit...

mmm hmm ;D/>

Thanks Waynes, E, and WDEWDE for clearing that up. Can't wait for this weekend, I imagine that I will be on AUFamily quite a bit...

As will I.....

OK WDEWDE. I may be a little slow on the uptake, but if I am reading between the lines correctly, is there an expectation of multiple big time recruits by weekend's end?

OK WDEWDE. I may be a little slow on the uptake, but if I am reading between the lines correctly, is there an expectation of multiple big time recruits by weekend's end?

2 is the over/under I'm hearing FWIW.

ok, people...the crap with all this reading the tea leaves stuff. who is committing? when are they committing? where are they committing? why are they comitting? how are they committing?

ok, people...the crap with all this reading the tea leaves stuff. who is committing? when are they committing? where are they committing? why are they comitting? how are they committing?

Nobody knows. That's why the tea leaves are consulted.

Nobody knows. That's why the tea leaves are consulted.

My coffee grounds are telling me D'Crimedog and Bailey Sharp, FWIW.

Would absolutely love to get a commit from Jovon, as well, though!

EDIT: Just consulted tea leaves that say watch out for Colbert, too. And a little ( ;)) bird told me we're looking good for Jovon (though not necessarily predicting a commitment from him this weekend).

Wonder if swinney's interest in au has jovon considering sliding up his commitment. There is disagreement in the swinney thread of 2/3 rb's in this class. I think everyone has assumed that swinney would be odd man out. Any chance that jovon could be odd man out if he doesn't get on board or the staff tells him commit now before swinney or we will have to hold off on you till the end of the cycle? This is made a touch more complicated with jovon predicted as an EE.

I think we would take all 3 if all 3 are ok with it. A "swinney in the hand is better than one in a bush ..."

Archived