Former FSU QB Clint Trickett (transferred to West Virginia)

IronMan70

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does he want to leave FSU?

Why does he want to leave FSU?

Trickett was soundly outplayed by redshirt freshman phenom Jameis Winston during the spring football quarterback competition.

Hmmm, what do you think Coach Craig ?

http://www.tomahawkn...f-west-virginia

not an option since the earliest he could play is 2014 and would be a RS senior. SEC rules prohibit transfers with 1 year of playing eligibility.

Since he graduates in May, I think (not sure) he does not have to sit out a year and/or lose a year of eligibility. If that is the case, he would be a RS Jr in '13 with 2 years remaining.

Hmmm, what do you think Coach Craig ?

http://www.tomahawkn...f-west-virginia

not an option since the earliest he could play is 2014 and would be a RS senior. SEC rules prohibit transfers with 1 year of playing eligibility.

Since he graduates in May, I think (not sure) he does not have to sit out a year and/or lose a year of eligibility. " If " that is the case, he would be a RS Jr in '13 with 2 years remaining.

Yes he would be available immediately. Someone on AUC cleared that up for me.

As his dad was not retained as line coach at Auburn several years back; I doubt he is looking our way. Also, with 2 qb`s on camous and 3 more on the way, I doubt we are looking for a qb who may only have one year of eligibility. Just saying. Can`t understand how some folks leap when any player leaves another school. Now if he was a baseball player and could play next year, that`s a different story maybe.

If the guy was "soundly outplayed" by a RS Freshman - Do we really require his immediate service?

If the guy was "soundly outplayed" by a RS Freshman - Do we really require his immediate service?

Nope. We've got enough "projects" on our QB roster with what we have now and what we have coming in within the next few weeks.

Nope. We've got enough "projects" on our QB roster with what we have now and what we have coming in within the next few weeks.

Kinda what I was thinking.

I vote no (do I get a vote?)

Sure, you get a vote, and I support your vote! Wait, do I get a vote?

Kinda what I was thinking.

He is actually pretty decent and the RSFr who beat him out is no palooka, it's one Jameis Winston. He does have 2 years left but more than likely he will go someplace where he can play right away. CDC is our only real connection and would be in the know on this one. At most I would vote a "maybe" on a QB in a situation like his.

The Tampa Bay Times is reporting that Trickett will visit Auburn and Michigan, although USF and WVU remain the frontrunners.

The Tampa Bay Times is reporting that Trickett will visit Auburn and Michigan, although USF and WVU remain the frontrunners.

Why not visit? It is the loveliest village but I see no way he goes to school at AU. I don't see how he doesn't drop down a division.

Archived