NCAA tightens rule around football field markings.

cptau

The NCAA has restricted what can be displayed as markings and logos on and around the playing field

The use of web site URLs and Twitter hash tags has been banned too. MoState will have to remove #HAILSTATE from their end zone......

I think they are trying to stop the colleges from turning their fields into giant advertising surfaces...

https://cfo.arbitersports.com/Groups/501/Library/files/Bulletin%20Field%20Unis.pdf

Miss State hash tag

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Breitbart-Sports/2013/05/02/MSU%20Hashtag.jpg

I get the web URLs, but banning hashtags? Even freaking CNN uses hashtags, whats wrong with using hashtags?

Who thinks all this stuff up. Who the hell sits around thinking about this kind of thing? Is it any wonder the NCAA is such a joke. Their days as the governing body are numbered I do believe

Who thinks all this stuff up. Who the hell sits around thinking about this kind of thing? Is it any wonder the NCAA is such a joke. Their days as the governing body are numbered I do believe

It takes away from the landscape the networks have to superimpose ads.... Just saying "Allstate Hands in between goal posts"

I"m not unhappy to see this. No point in college football looking like NASCAR. If the schools want to display hashtags or whatever, put in on the walls or scoreboards....there's plenty of room.

I totally agree!! Bowl diretors routinely rip off college football, we have a 4 team playoff with a f'ing selection committee which decides nothing and we are worried about markings on a field. God forbid we have an NFL style playoff but dammit your not allowed to have a hash tag on your playing surface. Stupid.

It takes away from the landscape the networks have to superimpose ads.... Just saying "Allstate Hands in between goal posts"

my thoughts also. to hell with amateur athletics! money! money! money!

their decisions are greatly based on money. they dont care about hashtags and field markings in and of themselves ... they decided there was some potential grievance by those profiting on the college athletics or they havent quite figured out how to help themselves/other make money off the things they are banning so they banned them. (do yall detect any cynicism in my comment?!?!)

their decisions are greatly based on money. they dont care about hashtags and field markings in and of themselves ... they decided there was some potential grievance by those profiting on the college athletics or they havent quite figured out how to help themselves/other make money off the things they are banning so they banned them. (do yall detect any cynicism in my comment?!?!)

It is what it is all about and said many way, but classically......

No Pink?

I think they banned hashtags because they generate twitter revenue based on views and they don't want the playing field turning into advertisement boards. Also hypothetically microsoft or nike could jsut pay the school to put #nike on the field and that is not cool.

Who cares really; I don`t even know what a freaking hashtag really is in this context.

Heck, I don't know what a freaking hashtag is, period.

This has lawyer written all over it.

Just one of the many steps that have been taken that continue to steal the innocence of college football.

Just one of the many steps that have been taken that continue to steal the innocence of college football.

Steal the innocence of college football? ..almost fell off my bar stool laughing at that. AU was on probation when I started my freshman year in 1959.....man, the innocence was probably stolen before either of us were born. But a good thought anyway.

I think this is the key point. Physical placement of ads on the field is banned, but virtual ads that are super imposed by the TV networks for their viewers to see are allowed. Banning a physical ad for Toyota or Coca Cola on the field while the TV Network places a virtual ad over the field for Honda or Pepsi........

I like it. The schools are paid plenty for tv appearances and don't need additional ads on the field. You could run into conflicts with what's advertised on the field versus who's paying for the advertising in the game which would be uncool. Keep the field as clean as possible.

how many money songs are there? find one and post it..

I"m not unhappy to see this. No point in college football looking like NASCAR. If the schools want to display hashtags or whatever, put in on the walls or scoreboards....there's plenty of room.

wwhat you said I agree

Archived