NCAA Tourney projections (After Arky series)

So, A&M enters the tournament ahead of us, wins two games and is supposedly out while we, a number 10 seed, lose our only game and we're in? I want some of what y'all are smoking.

SEC definitely out of it: UGA, TENN, Ky and Missouri

SEC definitely in: Texas A&M, Vandy, LSU, USCe, Arky, Ole' Miss, M$U, UAT

Auburn & Florida: Wish in one hand, pee in the other and see which hand gets full first. For either of these two to get in the committee will have to take 9 SEC teams and I don't see that happening.

Florida is in period. They have the toughest schedule in the nation. All they had to do is finish the season above .500 plus be respectable in the SEC which they did. As for A&M. Here is the resume comparison with Auburn but updated.
Auburn has major advantages over TAMU. Auburn won the head to head series 2-1 on the road. Auburn's record vs. the RPI top 50 11-16, TAMU 10-19. Auburn has 0 horrific losses vs. teams 200 or higher in the RPI, TAMU has 1 loss vs. Illinois-Chicago (RPI 213)
Still advantage Auburn but not by as much. If A&M can get 1 more when and get their RPI under 30 and their SOS in the top 10 then IMO that will offset the advantages Auburn has in their resumes and give A&M the edge.. Also A&M finished ahead of us on a technicality thanks to the weather. Had the 3rd game in their series with Bama had been played and they lost they would be behind us via the tie breaker.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it doesn't come dow to us or UF. I would think UF is in before A&M.

They should be. Their resume on a whole is better than A&Ms even if the Aggies get to the SEC tourney finals.

Unless you think they will take 10 SEC teams, if Florida is in we are out. You can't ignore A&M's two wins in this tournament, particularly the win over Vandy. Like it or not, they will go in ahead of us even if they lose their next two.

Ellitor, I read your analysis when you posted it earlier. I think there's a lot of wishful thinking in there, concerning what the selection committee will pay attention to and what they will ignore. Speaking of that "technicality", had they played and A&M won, what then? That's why it's not counted, because they Didn't Play The Game.

Florida is only one game over .500 and has been playing poorly. I don't think they have much chance. Auburn finished last in their division and whiffed in the SEC tournament. We played ZERO good OOC teams. I think we, like Florida, don't have much of a chance.

Unless you think they will take 10 SEC teams, if Florida is in we are out. You can't ignore A&M's two wins in this tournament, particularly the win over Vandy. Like it or not, they will go in ahead of us even if they lose their next two.

Ellitor, I read your analysis when you posted it earlier. I think there's a lot of wishful thinking in there, concerning what the selection committee will pay attention to and what they will ignore. Speaking of that "technicality", had they played and A&M won, what then? That's why it's not counted, because they Didn't Play The Game.

Florida is only one game over .500 and has been playing poorly. I don't think they have much chance. Auburn finished last in their division and whiffed in the SEC tournament. We played ZERO good OOC teams. I think we, like Florida, don't have much of a chance.

Rivals is updating their projection daily now and they agree with you as of today. Link
Last Five In: Texas A&M, BYU, Houston, Auburn, Florida

And that was before TAMU beat Vandy.

Rivals is updating their projection daily now and they agree with you as of today. Link

Yeah E, but that is some persons best guess. I hope that's true, but I am not going to put a wager on it. I do believe A&M has played their way in over the last two days. With UF's history, I don't see them being left out. I hope we get in. I'm just not as confident as you are about it.

Yeah E, but that is some persons best guess. I hope that's true, but I am not going to put a wager on it. I do believe A&M has played their way in over the last two days. With UF's history, I don't see them being left out. I hope we get in. I'm just not as confident as you are about it.

I am not confident about it. Even though Auburn has a better resume than a few other teams in I am starting to think the committee will not take 10 SEC teams and we would be left out.

I think some tend to over exaggerate the 10 SEC teams getting in. I think Fla. is in regardless, and if A&M wins another, I think they get in. But does that really matter? If we are one of the top 64 teams in the nation, and there are no real shocks in conference tournaments, should we not be in?

Rpi back up to 36 as of this morning by the way.

You never know about the NCAA but just a reminder that AU took 2 of 3 against TAMU, Ole Miss, UF and Arky.....and hard for me to believe that three or four of those teams would get in and AU gets left out.

Watching St. and A&M. St. up 5-4 going to 8th.

The announcers were saying they thought A&M played their way in. Thought UF might be on the bubble. Said we had an outside shot. They said A&M RPI was at 31 with a S.O.S of 21. Sounds to me like A&M is deserving.

EDIT: ST. wins 6-4.

Archived