2014 4* RB Elijah Hood (North Carolina signee)

AU_Tiger_88

From SI: http://college-footb...od-roll-toilet/

Roll Toilet: Five-star RB Elijah Hood flushes Alabama recruiting letters

By Zac Ellis

Nick Saban’s recruiting tactics apparently don’t work on everyone. Notre Dame committed running back Elijah Hood, a five-star prospect out of Charlotte, N.C., took to Vine on Tuesday and offered a peek into his recruitment. The prospect filmed a large pile of Alabama recruiting letters before flushing one of the envelopes down his toilet — all while declaring “Roll Toilet!”

After the post made its rounds on Wednesday, Hood quickly deleted the Vine and took to Twitter to offer an apology.

Alright Guys My Highschool Coach Called Gotta Take Roll Toilet down and apologize formally to Nick Saban, Alabama, and Norte Dame hahaha—

Elijah Hood (@EHood34)
June 05, 2013

In regards to my post yesterday, it was wrong and very disrespectful to Alabama. My attempt at humor was immature, and wrong I'm sorry.—

Elijah Hood (@EHood34)
June 05, 2013

Oh, I don't either but actions have consequences...meaning that if you are going to do what he did be prepared to take the heat....which in this environment over recruiting can be significant....

Never would have gotten an apology from me!! Nick saban is no GOD, y should he apologize to him for? Glad hes not hypnotized and seems to have a mind of his own, I just would have never apologized to the midget!!

Never would have gotten an apology from me!! Nick saban is no GOD, y should he apologize to him for? Glad hes not hypnotized and seems to have a mind of his own, I just would have never apologized to the midget!!

So...would you also have been immature enough to flush the recruitment letters down the toilet? Just curious....

ND commit and 5* RB Elijah Hood flushes his Bama recruiting letter down the toilet.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1662196-notre-dame-commit-elijah-hood-flushes-alabama-recruiting-letters-down-toilet?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

I love this kid! Even he knows that turds should be flushed.

You really should apologize to midgets everywhere tho, we6!

I didnt mean any harm to the little people at all, i will apologize to them for that comment, but i meant what i said about ns tho.

So...would you also have been immature enough to flush the recruitment letters down the toilet? Just curious....

I dont take that as being immature at all! He seems to not care for bama and thats fine with me! If someone calls ur phone and u dont answer because u dont want to talk to that person, is that being immature? If it is, then i was acting very immature yesterday. Not meaning any harm at all just making an observation. WDE

The kid's HS coach made him do the right thing. Kids will be kids, but this freaking internet/iphone crap is getting way out of hand. Vines/Twitter/Instagram/Facebook, etc can be dangerous to a kids image if used carelessly. And, I'm not just talking about what this kid did with his recruiting letter. I preach to my kids all the time about being very cautious of what they "put out there for the world to see", because it may be in jest, but can damage a reputation quickly.

People that hire are starting to look hard at social media to check out people that are trying to get hired. These young people need to be carefully. What they post is out there for the world to see and it could hurt them someday.

We also only see what was done but do not know if the kid told them no early on and stop sending him stuff. If he did that then this act could have been out of frustration which none of us really know. I don't think I would have done what he did, but he did it but as the saying goes and it is fitting here....roll tide roll around the rim and down the bowl!....

We also only see what was done but do not know if the kid told them no early on and stop sending him stuff. If he did that then this act could have been out of frustration which none of us really know. I don't think I would have done what he did, but he did it but as the saying goes and it is fitting here....roll tide roll around the rim and down the bowl!....

One of the reports I read, said bama would not take no for an answer. He sent a clear message to saban and the rec IMHO. He tweeted about bama's low grad rate for African-Am. football players also, which he claimed was one of the reasons he would not consider bama. I'll be rooting for this kid from now on.

One of the reports I read, said bama would not take no for an answer. He sent a clear message to saban and the rec IMHO. He tweeted about bama's low grad rate for African-Am. football players also, which he claimed was one of the reasons he would not consider bama. I'll be rooting for this kid from now on.

Amen to that!! WDE

Amen to that!! WDE

Ditto

This report you read, would you share a link?

I certainly would like to know the question he's sent such a clear message in response.

people may not agree with what he did but his reasoning through the process is pretty good and sounds like he is concerned about his education and not solely focused on the league. Also, if he told them to stop pursuing and they kept it up...one can see how this would happen but in today's instant world of how things spread...probably wasn't a great idea to put it on vine....

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up sending him more as the recruiting process goes along. As we've all been witness to, commits can change on a dime for who knows what reason. If you think he's that good of a player, make him flush a letter every week... because that one time he doesn't......

If he apologized of his own volition, that's fine and respectful. But if his coach pressured him into doing it, I have a problem with his coach or anyone else interfering with his right to free speech. Meanwhile, how many apologies have been made for poisoning our trees, wearing crimson "Updyke Tree Service" T-shirts, cheering the tea bagging of an unconscious LSU fan, slander/libel about secret "bagmen" and fake ATM cards, or the musical/play-money-shower reception of Cam at the 2010 Iron Bowl?

If he apologized of his own volition, that's fine and respectful. But if his coach pressured him into doing it, I have a problem with his coach or anyone else interfering with his right to free speech. Meanwhile, how many apologies have been made for poisoning our trees, wearing crimson "Updyke Tree Service" T-shirts, cheering the tea bagging of an unconscious LSU fan, slander/libel about secret "bagmen" and fake ATM cards, or the musical/play-money-shower reception of Cam at the 2010 Iron Bowl?

You are taking situations totally unrelated and trying to draw a comparison here.

While Hood isn't officially a part of Notre Dame, he is committed to them and thereby a face of their program as one of their future players.

Your examples of the tea bagger and Harvey Updike are two individual fans who have no relation to the University of Alabama. UA owes the fan base of Auburn and Auburn University nothing in the form of an apology due to the irrational behavior of those two individuals. Yet, despite no relationship, you saw a large contigent of fans organize a fund raising group for the oak trees. There were fans apologizing for their behavior.

I'll readily admit my own mistakes and apologize for any behavior that's innapropriate. But, doing so for someone elses behavior and actions? That's not just a no, it's a hell no.

Let me put it in another perspective. Does Auburn University, or do you for that matter, owe the University of Alabama an apology for the unfounded rumors of Dodge Chargers and other stories in and around Gadsden? No. On the same end, UA owes nothing for stories about bank cards, or secret bagmen.

Now, the one situation that bears note here is the song played in the 2010 Iron Bowl. Not only was that situation addressed, a formal apology issued, the individual playing the song WAS related to UA and due to that relationship was fired.

Now, what I find amusing here is your assertion his coach is interfereing with his freedom of speech. His coach told him to have some respect and to pull the video down. Here we have a coach looking out for the actions of one of his former players. If only every collegiate prospect had someone looking out for him in this manner we'd see a better atmosphere surrounding the sport we follow.

While Hood isn't officially a part of Notre Dame, he is committed to them and thereby a face of their program as one of their future players.

Let me put it in another perspective. Does Auburn University, or do you for that matter, owe the University of Alabama an apology for the unfounded rumors of Dodge Chargers and other stories in and around Gadsden? No. On the same end, UA owes nothing for stories about bank cards, or secret bagmen.

Two points that I have a problem with. Hood is not the face of Notre Dame's program at this point. He is someone who intends to take a scholarship to the school but hasn't signed...until he does nothing there is official. No student/future student is the face of a program.

Two..I don't know about chargers but I can say this, there are too many things that don't add up from T-Town Mens Wear and all those face book pictures of current players (at the time) signing multiple jerseys and the owner selling them (clear violation as you and I both know players just don't do those signing specifically for one individual without getting something) and the pictures of T-Town owner taking players out to dinner (violation), players Mom getting paid to house sit a rental home which is owned by a booster (shady at the least). Oh and lets not forget facebook pictures of current players showing off their new wheels in front of a certain business that just happens to say that those guys likes his wifes cooking. Oh, and lets not forget how supposedly some players from poor backgrounds are driving 30+ thousand dollar vehicles but not only driving them but being able to afford custom features to those vehicles. Don't give me student loans or other such nonsense...nor don't give me someone who may make a little above minimum wage being able to afford that for their son (it doesn't add up) as if they are only making that much then they tend to spend it and not save it unless these folks are very savy with money which makes you question if they are that savy then why are they making a little above minimum wage?...

Archived