2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holland is all AU I agree

If he does commit, what is the likelihood he makes it to campus? Do we know how serious the situation with his grades is?

+1

Don't know if I have seen this question answered. Or can it be answered? :dunno:

If he does commit, what is the likelihood he makes it to campus? Do we know how serious the situation with his grades is?

+1

Don't know if I have seen this question answered. Or can it be answered? :dunno:

I doubt it can be answered intelligently by anybody. The only person who can talk about it officially is him.

+1

Don't know if I have seen this question answered. Or can it be answered? :dunno:/>

I doubt it can be answered intelligently by anybody. The only person who can talk about it officially is him.

Other than Holland, are there any other commits/ targets that may have academic issues?

+1

But the coaches know (or will know), right?

+1

Yes, the coaches know what ballpark a kid is in academically. Every year we sign a couple that "have work to do". Usually they get it done but not always. Then there's the occasional kid like Jason Smith that nobody had a clue was borderline academically but ended up having to go the JUCO route.

Obviously, with the current rules we don't want to sign a non-qualifier but it has happened and will again sooner or later.

+1

Don't know if I have seen this question answered. Or can it be answered? :dunno:/>

Yes, the coaches know what ballpark a kid is in academically. Every year we sign a couple that "have work to do". Usually they get it done but not always. Then there's the occasional kid like Jason Smith that nobody had a clue was borderline academically but ended up having to go the JUCO route.

Obviously, with the current rules we don't want to sign a non-qualifier but it has happened and will again sooner or later.

Unless you're Bama. Somehow everybody they sign qualify.

+1

Josh Chapman sez "yeah"

+1

95% of the time^^

Nobody saw that Florida gator tweet from Holland?

The big three, mainly Holland and Cowart, have been trolling on the Internet since they got back from the visit.

I have a family friend in the coaching staff suggesting that J holland, Cowart, and Cece locked down.

First time I've heard any info from him so take it for what it's worth.

Other than Holland, are there any other commits/ targets that may have academic issues?

D. McGriff still has work to do. Key does as well.

D. McGriff still has work to do. Key does as well.

Well that is surprising. McGriff has been one of my favorites for this class.

I have a family friend in the coaching staff suggesting that J holland, Cowart, and Cece locked down.

Which coaching staff and locked down meaning what?

Which coaching staff and locked down meaning what?

he probably means they feel really good about them. No one is locked down until signing day.

It'd be really disappointing to get Holland and no Cowart.

That seems fairly obtuse. We have been drooling over Holland and getting satisfactory LB depth for a few years now. Cowart is a surprise that didn't show up until a month and a half ago. Would I love to have Cowart, absolutely. I will be just as excited to get Holland as long as he qualifies.

^cowart doesn't appear to have grade issues. If we sign Cowart I dont really care about whether Holland qualifies.

I'll just never, ever understand the value of speaking negatively on message boards about guys we are actively and enthusiastically recruiting. At best, you're wasting keystrokes. At worst, you're making the coaches' jobs more difficult.

It's particularly puzzling when the recruit in question is a big-time talent at a major position of need who happens to have strong relationships with the guys you claim to so desperately want.

Archived