2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^cowart doesn't appear to have grade issues. If we sign Cowart I dont really care about whether Holland qualifies.

I'll just never, ever understand the value of speaking negatively on message boards about guys we are actively and enthusiastically recruiting. At best, you're wasting keystrokes. At worst, you're making the coaches' jobs more difficult.

It's particularly puzzling when the recruit in question is a big-time talent at a major position of need who happens to have strong relationships with the guys you claim to so desperately want.

Very well said.

^cowart doesn't appear to have grade issues. If we sign Cowart I dont really care about whether Holland qualifies.

I'll just never, ever understand the value of speaking negatively on message boards about guys we are actively and enthusiastically recruiting. At best, you're wasting keystrokes. At worst, you're making the coaches' jobs more difficult.

It's particularly puzzling when the recruit in question is a big-time talent at a major position of need who happens to have strong relationships with the guys you claim to so desperately want.

I really think it's for attention

Perhaps you are correct. I don't know, maybe I'm just traumatized by all the problems we had in 2011-12. Grade issues tend to scare me, that's all.

Perhaps you are correct. I don't know, maybe I'm just traumatized by all the problems we had in 2011-12. Grade issues tend to scare me, that's all.

If it helps, we had every single guy in last year's class qualify and enroll. That's unusual and I don't expect it to happen every season, but hopefully it at least suggests that our coaches take grades seriously.

How many linebackers do we plan to sign? I've different numbers on other posts. I think we should sign 4 to 5

Mikey told me 11-13

I wish! All five stars

How many linebackers do we plan to sign? I've different numbers on other posts. I think we should sign 4 to 5

Mikey told me 11-13

I wish! All five stars

He also told me Kerryon Johnson is being recruited secretly for the linebacker position.

Three were essential, five is nice. If we add Holland he will make six that could be placed at LB and that's a pretty good haul for this year.

Mikey told me 11-13

I wish! All five stars

He also told me Kerryon Johnson is being recruited secretly for the linebacker position.

Don't worry about it, he told me the same thing about Jauntavius Johnson! :dunno:

Sad that it takes boom only a few months to get a group of linebackers when other dcoordinators took years to get a group of linebackers. Mikey isn't the only one happy about this!

Sad that it takes boom only a few months to get a group of linebackers when other dcoordinators took years to get a group of linebackers. Mikey isn't the only one happy about this!

You realize the only LB/Safety that has committed since Muschamp was hire is Irvine? Maybe a few have shuffled in their positions but everyone else has been committed for months.

DE is a different story as CWM has lined up an impressive list for visits but no commits yet.

I think he will be why we get Holland but other than that, I don't see any more LBs on the horizon. I hope you know something and aren't just blowing smoke but with the addition of Holland and keeping Williams, I think the LB class will be great.

I don't blow smoke, never have and never will. I pay close attention to vibes from recruits and coaches, and I'm telling u that the vibe I'm getting from this staff tells me that the one position where we are weakest at, will be no more. The future indeed is bright at AU.

I wouldn't underestimate the effect Will Muschamp has had on keeping already committed LBs in place. That is just as important as getting new commits there. If we get Holland as expected, it's a good LB class.

I don't blow smoke, never have and never will. I pay close attention to vibes from recruits and coaches, and I'm telling u that the vibe I'm getting from this staff tells me that the one position where we are weakest at, will be no more. The future indeed is bright at AU.

I'm not quite sure i follow you. To me the focusin recruiting has been on corners and DE's. We had about 10 corner names pop up that we've never heard of before T-Rob. We had 5-6 D lineman pop up that we really had no chance with. Majority of those guys are pass rushers. Only 2 of the dlineman are tackles (Mack, and Beckner). Holland was already on the radar. So Johnson and his staff should definitely get credit for recruiting the LB class that we have committed today. To me that says the focus for Muschamp and his staff looks to be DE, Corner/Nickle, DT, then Linebacker further down the list.

i can't tell what you are inferring?

Are you saying they think highly of the LB recruits coming in (hoping holland is included in that group) or there is surprise LB recruits coming on board that are staying below the radar - which to me means Thomas and/or smith.

Right now (according to 247's anticipated positions) we have, including holland, 4 of the top 21 OLB's and a top ILB. Yes, I know they may end up at other positions.

So, including holland, we have solid LB class at a minimum.

So you've kicked your "sources" to the curb and are now going solely off of "vibes". You truly are a gem.

So you've kicked your "sources" to the curb and are now going solely off of "vibes". You truly are a gem.

You said that not me! Besides u and mcdoofus think u know everything about me anyway so what difference does it make? I wish I could truly face u guys in person, it would be satisfying for me because we would handle this stalking once and for all!!

Archived