2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

Gosh, after tonight, why give up on any D prospects.

Word is he has academic issues and potentially other off field issues.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll never understand why we stop recruiting top LB's like Holland and Roquan Smith. They're more talented than half of the LB's on our team, and we clearly need a talent upgrade on that side of the ball. Makes absolutely no sense!

I think Holland does have off-field issues. The problem is we didn't go after enough LB's to begin with and unless we can pull a rabbit out of the hat with Roquan Smith we're limited to two, one of which will flip if Bammer gives him a committable offer.

Whether they are effective or not (and I'm less than impressed), we will have four senior LB's next season. Unless someone expects true freshman that are SEC ready to line up to play for AU, this year was the time to load up.

What Mikey is saying is that we should have loaded up on lbs this year so that after the 4 seniors graduate we aren't depending on 2016 freshmen to play major minutes.

Thanks for clarifying. With Tre Williams and Deshaun Davis being the only obvious LB's available in '16 and the failure rate at LB being somewhat over 50%, this is the year we should be overloading at LB.

Losing 2 LBs at the last minute the last 2 years hasn't helped. Wouldn't shock me to see another. With that said I think people joking about Mikey wanting 4-5 LBs each year should be agreeing instead of joking. Next year we have Frost, McKinzy, Swain and Garret as SRs with backup in Williams, Davis, & Mitchell. Not sure what the deal is with Toney and Flowers.

Mitchell got moved to the other side of the ball, right? Didn't that happen or did I make that up?

Mitchell got moved to the other side of the ball, right? Didn't that happen or did I make that up?

Don't think that was a parmanent move.

Is he practicing on defense now? Anyone know? To my knowledge, he hasn't played on that side of the ball this season. Did he move back and just get lost in the shuffle?

Is he practicing on defense now? Anyone know? To my knowledge, he hasn't played on that side of the ball this season. Did he move back and just get lost in the shuffle?

I read a while back the experiment with him at HB only lasted a couple weeks.

Are you speaking of Toney? No, he hasn't been moved back and what little inside info I get these days says there is no plan to move him back. He's simply in the 50% of linebacker signees that don't work out there.

Mikey, I don't think I was remembering Toney, but I suppose its possible.

E, thanks. It's odd that Mitchell didn't play this year if he was available on the defensive side of the ball. He played each of the previous two years, and we weren't exactly gang-busters out there this year. Strange.

Looked around on Google News. Last thing I could find on him was in August. Practicing with the defense but battling a series of injuries. Maybe he was just deemed too far behind to help this year. Still seems strange.

E, thanks. It's odd that Mitchell didn't play this year if he was available on the defensive side of the ball. He played each of the previous two years, and we weren't exactly gang-busters out there this year. Strange.

Looked around on Google News. Last thing I could find on him was in August. Practicing with the defense but battling a series of injuries. Maybe he was just deemed too far behind to help this year. Still seems strange.

Mitchell played some early but has always had trouble in coverage. Monster against the run but that was about it. Chris Landrum was the HB experiment if I am correct. He swapped over about halfway through the season after not playing at all on D.

Mitchell played some early but has always had trouble in coverage. Monster against the run but that was about it. Chris Landrum was the HB experiment if I am correct. He swapped over about halfway through the season after not playing at all on D.

Landrum played at Jax State this year. He was experimented with to offense, then transferred.

If the Mitchell under discussion is JaViere Mitchell from B'ham, he was never moved to offense. He's played on special teams almost every game this season and is listed as 3rd string MLB by ITAT.

That's definitely who I'm talking about. You must have it right about Toney. Just crossed my wires. I still find it strange that a guy who got PT in the LB rotation last year couldn't find the field for this hot mess in the second half of the season.

What about the MVP of the A-Day game, Kenny Flowers? Why hasn't he played this year?

Remember how dominate Justin Garrett was in the A Day game last year? Injuries slowed him. Also, Cam wasn't our best quarterback during his A Day game. A Day isn't a very good indicator.

@DerekTysonESPN: Jeff Holland said if Will Muschamp takes a job at Auburn it would immediately put the Tigers in the lead.

That would be good news, if Holland makes his grades, etc.

@DerekTysonESPN: Jeff Holland said if Will Muschamp takes a job at Auburn it would immediately put the Tigers in the lead.

That would be good news, if Holland makes his grades, etc.

...and if Mus takes the job.

i hardly look at this thread during the season. but i came hoping to see this^^^

Went to the FHSAA 3A championship game and saw him play….lined up a lot as a stand-up DE…also ran the ball….did have a scoop, but fumbled it before his teammate fell on it for a TD…spoke to a college coach, grades is a big concern….had to take on-line courses this summer to be eligible for this year...

Archived