2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

Went to the FHSAA 3A championship game and saw him play….lined up a lot as a stand-up DE…also ran the ball….did have a scoop, but fumbled it before his teammate fell on it for a TD…spoke to a college coach, grades is a big concern….had to take on-line courses this summer to be eligible for this year...

That grade statement gives one pause to reflect about Holland and Auburn. I'd say if Roquan Smith can be re-connected with AU between now and signing day, Smith would be the way to go.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the FHSAA 3A championship game and saw him play….lined up a lot as a stand-up DE…also ran the ball….did have a scoop, but fumbled it before his teammate fell on it for a TD…spoke to a college coach, grades is a big concern….had to take on-line courses this summer to be eligible for this year...

That grade statement gives one pause to reflect about Holland and Auburn. I'd say if Roquan Smith can be re-connected with AU between now and signing day, Smith would be the way to go.

I'd take both if given the chance.

I'd take both if given the chance.

If Holland's grades are such that he doesn't project to qualify then signing him is throwing away one slot and we only have about eight slots left.

It may be written on paper, but I don't think anyone really knows whether the D staff will stay in tact or not. That may be the staffs preference but its really not up to them.

3 CBs to AU since last night, including Shannon Terry and Neibuhr.

Interesting, thanks!

I thought we didn't want him due to grades and off the field issues.

Did his character and academic standing change last night?

Or was that just an excuse for him preferring UF?

Hmm

Interesting, thanks!

Hmm

That was when it was bleak. We want him again

He may have grade issues. From what I understand, he needs to do some work in the classroom to be eligible

Interesting, thanks!

Hmm

If you stick around long enough, you'll notice that players with some grade issues fall into two categories:

1) Looking good for AU - "He's really a good kid and just needs to do some work..."

2) Looking bad for AU - "He also has 'character' issues, and we never really wanted him anyway..."

Auburn isn't the only school that was said to have backed off Holland because of grades/character, however you want to spell it. CB's are one thing, a committable offer is something very different. Only time will tell if he is welcome here or not.

Confused with the T-rob visit with him tonight... He's coming to AU, but went with UF head coach to visit with him. What's the deal?

Confused with the T-rob visit with him tonight... He's coming to AU, but went with UF head coach to visit with him. What's the deal?

He still works for UF. He will be there until after the bowl game. It's part of his job to get out and recruit. On the bright side, he is building good relationships with recruits. Everything I hear is he will be joining our staff. These relationships he is building won't hurt our purposes.

He still works for UF. He will be there until after the bowl game. It's part of his job to get out and recruit. On the bright side, he is building good relationships with recruits. Everything I hear is he will be joining our staff. These relationships he is building won't hurt our purposes.

Muschamp is the only coach that can't recruit players he recruited at UF?

My understanding is Muschamp can recruit anyone for AU that AU was already recruiting.

Muschamp is the only coach that can't recruit players he recruited at UF?

T-Rob can recruit them for Florida and that's what he is doing right now. They are still signing his paycheck so he'll be working for UF until the day comes when he resigns. He may leave there for AU or he may not, message board scuttlebutt notwithstanding. In the meantime he's trying to recruit players for UF, just like any other UF coach should be doing.

Archived