2015 3* DT Jaunt'avius Johnson commits to AU!

ellitor

Id take them and still recruit Payne, but he would not have a terribly long leash

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you knew that Mack and Johnson would commit soon, would you take them and stop recruiting Payne?

I would take Mack and tell Johnson to wait. Go hard after Payne. Right now, coaches would accept Payne immediately and I feel the same with Mack. Johnson would have to visit and talk with coaches, etc before accepting his commit.

IMHO, Thompson is THE guy. He is a UGA lean ATP but he likes Garner and so does his mom. Add the kid from SC and that is 5 very good DT we are in on and you know more will emerge.

IMHO, Thompson is THE guy. He is a UGA lean ATP but he likes Garner and so does his mom. Add the kid from SC and that is 5 very good DT we are in on and you know more will emerge.

I didn't know that we were in the running in a serious way for Thompson.

I didn't know that we were in the running in a serious way for Thompson.

Thompson will be a dawg unless Bobo and Richt leave. And even then, he might stick.

These things are fluid, and I'm not arguing that we will get him. He would be a tough flip for sure, but I don't think Garner will give up.

Y'all heard it here first! Dixie guarantees we get this guy! War Eagle!

• 3 months later...

He will be a part of this class unless we end up with TT, Payne and Ledbetter. And still I think RG wants him. Rodney has been on him a long time, and they have a great relationship. JJ is a solid kid and just comes from a small school.

These things are fluid, and I'm not arguing that we will get him. He would be a tough flip for sure, but I don't think Garner will give up.

I must have meant that for another thread....or I had been partaking from the fruit of the vine. Always a dangerous thing, posting whilst buzzing. Kids, do not try this at home.

ETA: considering it was not even lunch, it appears that I made an error. I wasn't wrong, I am sure it would have made sense otherwise. Still haven't ever been wrong.

I must have meant that for another thread....or I had been partaking from the fruit of the vine. Always a dangerous thing, posting whilst buzzing. Kids, do not try this at home.

ETA: considering it was not even lunch, it appears that I made an error. I wasn't wrong, I am sure it would have made sense otherwise. Still haven't ever been wrong.

There are days where I think I'll be doing this board a favor to find you and Mikey and lock you both in the closet together.

There are days where I think I'll be doing this board a favor to find you and Mikey and lock you both in the closet together.

Just include some fruit of the vine.

I am definitely going to have to go watch a few of his games this year, seeing as I live one city over from Lincoln. by the way Lincoln isn't that small, im pretty sure they are 3A

of course. I'm not cruel

of course. I'm not cruel

Just unusual ....

I think we need to sign JJ regardless of our other DT recruits. I think he has the chance of being a diamond.

AU No. 1 ...

15107654-mmmain.jpg

Lincoln defensive tackle Jauntavius Johnson named Auburn his leader Saturday following his visit to the Plains for Big Cat Weekend.

A commitment, he said, is coming this summer.

"It was a great day," said the 6-foot-4, 320-pound prospect. "This place feels like home. (The coaches and I) got to know each other. It was great. At some colleges you probably don't get a chance to do that."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/auburn_no_1_for_320-pound_defe.html

AU No. 1 ...

15107654-mmmain.jpg

Lincoln defensive tackle Jauntavius Johnson named Auburn his leader Saturday following his visit to the Plains for Big Cat Weekend.

A commitment, he said, is coming this summer.

"It was a great day," said the 6-foot-4, 320-pound prospect. "This place feels like home. (The coaches and I) got to know each other. It was great. At some colleges you probably don't get a chance to do that."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/auburn_no_1_for_320-pound_defe.html

I like JJ. I think he wants to join the family. Does anyone know when he plans on making a commitment?

Archived