2015 3* DT Jaunt'avius Johnson commits to AU!

ellitor

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay Britt, NOW I am calling this one. IMO, Rodney has been keeping him in his pocket. We sorta WANT TO look needy at DT. It gives the impression, which when these SR'S are gone, step right in and play. We add JJ assuring Mr. 5* that he is our true love, and we only signed JJ for some typing and dictation. It's worked for married men with hot secretaries for decades. Why wouldn't a naive 18 yo fall for it?

These things are fluid, and I'm not arguing that we will get him. He would be a tough flip for sure, but I don't think Garner will give up.

Y'all heard it here first! Dixie guarantees we get this guy! War Eagle!

I must have meant that for another thread....or I had been partaking from the fruit of the vine. Always a dangerous thing, posting whilst buzzing. Kids, do not try this at home.

ETA: considering it was not even lunch, it appears that I made an error. I wasn't wrong, I am sure it would have made sense otherwise. Still haven't ever been wrong.

There are days where I think I'll be doing this board a favor to find you and Mikey and lock you both in the closet together.

Can Jennifer Aniston come along?

Okay Britt, NOW I am calling this one. IMO, Rodney has been keeping him in his pocket. We sorta WANT TO look needy at DT. It gives the impression, which when these SR'S are gone, step right in and play. We add JJ assuring Mr. 5* that he is our true love, and we only signed JJ for some typing and dictation. It's worked for married men with hot secretaries for decades. Why wouldn't a naive 18 yo fall for it?

So, are you calling JJ or TT, Dixie?

Know this is submitted tongue and cheek, but want to make no one takes this serious.

JJ is a 4 star and has a lot of upsides. He and TT would be killer for our D line in this class (plus the DEs we are after).

AU No. 1 ...

15107654-mmmain.jpg

Lincoln defensive tackle Jauntavius Johnson named Auburn his leader Saturday following his visit to the Plains for Big Cat Weekend.

A commitment, he said, is coming this summer.

"It was a great day," said the 6-foot-4, 320-pound prospect. "This place feels like home. (The coaches and I) got to know each other. It was great. At some colleges you probably don't get a chance to do that."

http://www.al.com/sp...pound_defe.html

I like JJ. I think he wants to join the family. Does anyone know when he plans on making a commitment?

Less than one minute after he has a committable offer from AU.

AU No. 1 ...

15107654-mmmain.jpg

Lincoln defensive tackle Jauntavius Johnson named Auburn his leader Saturday following his visit to the Plains for Big Cat Weekend.

"It was a great day," said the 6-foot-4, 320-pound prospect. "This place feels like home. (The coaches and I) got to know each other. It was great. At some colleges you probably don't get a chance to do that."

I like JJ. I think he wants to join the family. Does anyone know when he plans on making a commitment?

JJ has a committable offer from AU. AU is asking him to hold off from committing public. So I'm told.

AU No. 1 ...

15107654-mmmain.jpg

JJ has a committable offer from AU. AU is asking him to hold off from committing public. So I'm told.

Now will y'all believe me? Not he secretary stuff of course but Rodney has been sitting on JJ for a minute I was told. Now I know that I know. ( Sounds like something :homer: might say...)

AU No. 1 ...

15107654-mmmain.jpg

Now will y'all believe me? Not he secretary stuff of course but Rodney has been sitting on JJ for a minute I was told. Now I know that I know. ( Sounds like something :homer: might say...)

What I meant was - As soon as he is told he can officially commit (if and when that time comes and I think it will). Payne and Mack are long shots. 50/50 at best with TT. A better chance with Ledbetter. JJ is probably what you would call a lock.

No, you are right autan. JJ will be part of this class. But there are different reasons he could be told to wait. IYAM, it's like I alluded to earlier (minus the adultery jokes), may just want to not scare anyone off. And by "scare", I don't mean they are afraid. But coming from behind on some guys, can mean showing them they are NEEDED BADLY. Give Garner one more year putting guys in the draft and we reverse this situation.

He's been a straight up take for about 3 months now.

Just getting JJ and Ledbetter, along with a JUCO would be a nice haul. Then anything after that is gravy imo.

I think so too. If JJ gets here and really works, he will be a terror. So very strong!!

Just getting JJ and Ledbetter, along with a JUCO would be a nice haul. Then anything after that is gravy imo.

I think so too. If JJ gets here and really works, he will be a terror. So very strong!!

I agree with this. Do we think our chances are better than 50-50 of flipping Ledbetter?

I agree with this. Do we think our chances are better than 50-50 of flipping Ledbetter?

JMO but no. It's not a 2 team race. It's a 3 team race and UGA is in it as much if not more so than we are.

My only reason for putting Ledbetter is a more likely second name. But from what all I read, seems he may have seen something this past weekend that more than got his attention.

Right now, DT is anybody's ballgame to win. We all seem to have a guy already (JJ for us), but are waiting on 4-5 guys to see who wins the Final Showcase Showdown!!!

My only reason for putting Ledbetter is a more likely second name. But from what all I read, seems he may have seen something this past weekend that more than got his attention.

Right now, DT is anybody's ballgame to win. We all seem to have a guy already (JJ for us), but are waiting on 4-5 guys to see who wins the Final Showcase Showdown!!!

I think JJ is a good get too. I hope he keeps his weight down, and then coach Russell will be working with him too. He moves good for his size.

I really hope coach Garner talks JJ into commiting and then sign with Auburn. We need some d-linemen for 2015.

I really hope coach Garner talks JJ into commiting and then sign with Auburn. We need some d-linemen for 2015.

Yep.

Yep.

Mm-Hmm.

Yep.

Mm-Hmm.

*Insert something really obvious or a 1-word reply to try and raise my post count like other posters on here*

Yep.

Mm-Hmm.

*Insert something really obvious or a 1-word reply to try and raise my post count like other posters on here*

Agreed :)

Yep.

Mm-Hmm.

Ummm....indeed??

Archived