Ranking SEC QB's

Wareagletd

Well. To help pass the dog days of summer, I decided to make this thread. It should be fun. Lol. But rank each team based off of their QB squad.

1. UGA

2. Bama

3. aTm

4. South Carolina

5. LSU

6. Florida

7. Ole Miss

8. Mizzou

9. Auburn

10. Miss State

11. Arkansas

12. Vandy

13. Kentucky

14. Tennessee

Thoughts?

Who is the QB at Auburn? We do not know how good or how bad the QB play will be at Auburn yet, so hard to rank.

Personally, I feel Nick Marshall will light it up!

1. aTm

2. Bama

3. UGA

4. South Carolina

5. Auburn (If Nick Marshall starts)

6. LSU

7. Ole Miss

8. Mizzou

9. Florida

10. Miss State

11. Arkansas

12. Vandy

13. Tennessee

14. Kentucky

The first seven rankings are all that we really have to gauge these guys on.

UGA - Murray will more than likely break all-time conference passing records this year - even with two of the best RB tandems at his disposal

UAT - McCarron has 3 BCSNC rings on his hand - and may very well add a 4th before the leaves. He also has one of the top WR corps at his disposal - so I see them airing it out more than ever this yr.

aTm - Manziel is a QB phenom - won Heisman as a freshman - if he can get his head on straight and focus on his job and not the partying then he can be very productive. I love to watch the kid play.

Cocks - Shaw/Thompson are a solid duo - and IMO, the best one-two punch in the conference. Not many other teams have a solid backup if the #1 goes down.

LSU - Mettenburger - is meh - he "should" benefit greatly under Cam Cameron's tuteledge - he will be matured with another yr under his belt and could really come on by mid-season. LSU's O needs a spark.

FLA - Driskel - has probably the most raw talent of any of the SEC QB's - the kid has ton's of unrealized potential. Muschamp has just got to find a way to let the kid shine.

OM - Wallace - if Wallace can return from shoulder surgery and STAY healthy, they can get to 9-10 wins this season.

Well. To help pass the dog days of summer, I decided to make this thread. It should be fun. Lol. But rank each team based off of their QB squad.

1. UGA

2. Bama

3. aTm

4. South Carolina

5. LSU

6. Florida

7. Ole Miss

8. Mizzou

9. Auburn

10. Miss State

11. Arkansas

12. Vandy

13. Kentucky

14. Tennessee

Thoughts?

Ugh, you rank Tyler Russell below Auburn after he went 20-29 for 222 yards and 3 touchdowns and zero interceptions against us last year? Fwiw, our quarterback was 13-25 for 125 yards, 3 interceptions and lost 2 fumbles for a total of 5 turnovers in that same game.

1. aTm

2. Bama

3. UGA

4. South Carolina

6. LSU

7. Ole Miss

8. Mizzou

9. Florida

10. Miss State

11. Arkansas

12. Vandy

13. Tennessee

14. Kentucky

Uga is 2nd bama should be ranked 3rd. Aaron Murray is way better than Mccryin!!

1. aTm

2. Bama

3. UGA

4. South Carolina

6. LSU

7. Ole Miss

8. Mizzou

9. Florida

10. Miss State

11. Arkansas

12. Vandy

13. Tennessee

14. Kentucky

Uga is 2nd bama should be ranked 3rd. Aaron Murray is way better than Mccryin!!

Agreed. Have been rewatching films from last year with my boys. One thing I noticed watching Bama films...McCarron is usually throwing a rainbow to a wide open receiver. I don't really see him "making" plays; especially like Johnnyfootball and Murray do. So I don't really know how good McCarron is given that he's played behind two NFL lines and he's usually passing to someone I could hit with a pass.

In all honesty, I would have us way at the bottom. We don't have a proven QB......yet.

UGA

bama

A&M

UF/USCe

LSU/Ole Miss

MSU

Mizzou

Vandy

Arky

Kentucky

UT/Auburn

Today, I would say:

A&M

UGA

bama

USCe

Ole Miss

MSU

UF

LSU

Vandy

Mizzou

Auburn

Arky

KY

UT

BUT, if NM plays as well as I personally think he will, then I would put us in the top 5.

In all honesty, I would have us way at the bottom. We don't have a proven QB......yet.

UGA

bama

A&M

UF/USCe

LSU/Ole Miss

MSU

Mizzou

Vandy

Arky

Kentucky

UT/Auburn

No one can argue this. Everyone with the OandB goggles.

1a UGA

1b UAT

2 ATM

3 UF

4 LSU

5 Ole Miss

6 Miss State

7 USCe

8 Mizz

9 Arky

rest is a toss up

as far as my top 2, i think Murray is more accurate. but i think McCarron has higher awareness and makes better decisions. I think they both are better pure QB's than JFF and both have better arms.

UGA

bama

A&M

UF/USCe

LSU/Ole Miss

MSU

Mizzou

Vandy

Arky

Kentucky

UT/Auburn

This is exactly my opinion. I rember reading a preseason magazine in 2011 that had our QB rank around 10-11. This was because we had nobody to replace Cam. I remember thinking- "Well they haven't seen Kiehl Frazier play football yet, he'll be top 3 in the SEC by the time the year is over." Learned my lesson on that one.

Until NM does something on the field, our QB situation is 13th or 14th.

1. aTm

2. UGA

3. uat

4. USC

Way down the list:

5. MSU

6. Ole Miss

7. LSU

8. Florida

9. Mizzou

10. Vandy

Incomplete and in no paticular order:

Auburn, Arkansas, Kentucky and UT.

I find it funny so many are putting a QB they have never seen in the top 5 above others who have winning records in the SEC

1. aTm

2. UGA

3. uat

4. USC

Way down the list:

5. MSU

6. Ole Miss

7. LSU

8. Florida

9. Mizzou

10. Vandy

Incomplete and in no paticular order:

Auburn, Arkansas, Kentucky and UT.

I find it funny so many are putting a QB they have never seen in the top 5 above others who have winning records in the SEC

I like urs better!!

The first seven rankings are all that we really have to gauge these guys on.

UGA - Murray will more than likely break all-time conference passing records this year - even with two of the best RB tandems at his disposal

UAT - McCarron has 3 BCSNC rings on his hand - and may very well add a 4th before the leaves. He also has one of the top WR corps at his disposal - so I see them airing it out more than ever this yr.

aTm - Manziel is a QB phenom - won Heisman as a freshman - if he can get his head on straight and focus on his job and not the partying then he can be very productive. I love to watch the kid play.

Cocks - Shaw/Thompson are a solid duo - and IMO, the best one-two punch in the conference. Not many other teams have a solid backup if the #1 goes down.

LSU - Mettenburger - is meh - he "should" benefit greatly under Cam Cameron's tuteledge - he will be matured with another yr under his belt and could really come on by mid-season. LSU's O needs a spark.

FLA - Driskel - has probably the most raw talent of any of the SEC QB's - the kid has ton's of unrealized potential. Muschamp has just got to find a way to let the kid shine.

OM - Wallace - if Wallace can return from shoulder surgery and STAY healthy, they can get to 9-10 wins this season.

Very well stated. The only change I might be tempted to make is Tyler Russell of MSU over Bo Wallace even though Wallace was the more efficient passer last season.

Just how important has quarterback play become in the Southeastern Conference? The average quarterback rating of the two starting quarterbacks in the Southeastern Conference Championship has been 143.9 from 1992-2012. The average national quarterback ranking of the starters has been No. 23, with 21 of 42 quarterbacks ranked in the nation's top-25. Of the 42 quarterbacks to start in the conference championship game, 19 were in the top-20 and 11 finished in the top-10. The MVP from the Southeastern Conference Championship has been a quarterback in 13 of 21 games.

The average quarterback rating of the winner of the SEC Championship game is 151.5 and the losing quarterback had an average rating of 136.8. Bottom line, the better quarterbacks tend to be a major part of making it to the championship and the best of the best normally win it. Recently the last 8 quarterbacks to start in the conference championship all had pass-efficiency ratings exceeding 140. The Southeastern Conference is producing better quarterbacks in the past 20 years than any other time period.

Experience appears to be vital with 31 of the 42 starting quarterbacks in the SEC Championship game listed as an upper classman. Only 3 freshman quarterbacks have started in the SEC Championship, 8 sophomores, 12 juniors and 19 seniors. Of the 21 winning quarterbacks from the SEC Championship, 16 were either a junior or senior. There has only been 1 SEC Championship, when both starting quarterbacks were under classman. This occurred in 2002, when David Green of Georgia and Matt Jones of Arkansas squared off as sophomores.

Murray and McCarron are the primary reason why UGA and UAT are heavy favorites to win their divisions. Lots of experience and proven success with both quarterbacks.

This hyping Nick Marshal to the extent he boosts opinions of our QB standing in the SEC before he's taken a single snap @ Auburn is obsurd. Many folks seem to see him as the second coming of Cam Newton. look up "interceptions": Marshall's picture's next to it. He through a ton of them the last season he played ball, community college. He may become wonderful but there's nothing to back up this crazy hype.

This hyping Nick Marshal to the extent he boosts opinions of our QB standing in the SEC before he's taken a single snap @ Auburn is obsurd. Many folks seem to see him as the second coming of Cam Newton. look up "interceptions": Marshall's picture's next to it. He through a ton of them the last season he played ball, community college. He may become wonderful but there's nothing to back up this crazy hype.

This is so true. I for one am in the wait and see mode. Ga played him at corner for a reason.

Gus WILL put a winning qb on the field. Count on it.

This is so true. I for one am in the wait and see mode. Ga played him at corner for a reason.

The reason GA played him at corner because they had Aaron Murray as QB. Aaron Murray puts just about any QB on the bench for any team in the country. It is certainly prudent to be in a wait and see mode, but to try to use the fact Marshall played DB at uga when Aaron Murray was on the roster is laughable. Additionally, we have seen what the returning QBs on the team have done on the field and it was ugly. NM and JJ are our hope.

wde

Archived